1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

What Orlando hotel near Univ & SW, with transportation

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by PrincessAbby'sMom, Feb 6, 2013.

1. PrincessAbby'sMom

PrincessAbby'sMom New Member

So flying into Orlando late April & debating to stay on Disney property the entire time & rent a car to Univ & SW, or move mid trip closer?

Debate is:
    Disney property & rent a car to drive to Univ & SW

or

Move mid trip to a hotel closer to Univ & SW & take their transportation.
    My questions with this one is: What hotel? How does their transporations work? How do I get from Disney hotel to this hotel (will new hotel pick you up?), how to get from Dis hotel to new hotel & still get to park opening? will they hold luggage safely before we can check in after 3pm?

Top choice is obviously easier... advice?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Brian Noble

Brian Noble His Curmudgeonly Highness

I can't think of a hotel that has transportation to both Sea World *and* Universal; at least not regularly. You can stay very near to one, and cab to the other, but I would rent a car no matter what for the SW/Uni portion.

4. ExpatDisneyLover

ExpatDisneyLover New Member

I have stayed at the Extended Stay America on Westwood Blvd - they had transportation to both Universal and Seaworld (really Seaworld is a short walk from there) - so I would look at hotels in that general area - they use a shared shuttle (Crown City) - and drop off and pick up times were once a day.

To get from Disney (Ticket and Transportation Center or DTD transfer station (West Side) or DTD Marketplace across the street nearer the Hilton - to this area/Seaworld area hotels it is easily done by taking Lynx 50 - $2 fare check out golynx.com. My hotel was actually on the Lynx #111 line but a fairly easy walk to the #50 as well. The #50 also connects to the #8 which will take you to both south and north International Drive - plus hotels in this area will also be served by the i-ride trolley.

I think you can find what you are looking for - but I never took the shuttle to Universal so I don't actually know how convenient it would really be but know it was offered.

5. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 New Member

We did the US/IOA/Seaworld portion of our trip first. We stayed at a hotel on International Drive, rented a car for the days we were there, then went back to the airport, turned the car in and took ME to WDW. It takes 20-30 minutes depending on traffic to drive from WDW to US/IOA. We found it was easier to stay on International Drive and then switch over to WDW.