What offsite restaurants deliver to Disney resorts?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by wishicouldgomoreofte, Jan 11, 2012.

1. wishicouldgomoreofte

wishicouldgomoreofte Mouseketeer

I called Giordano's. They charge $5 delivery to Animal Kingdom Lodge, on top of cost of food and driver tip. Cheaper to just get Disney pizza. Who else delivers to Disney resorts? Taxis are expensive. I took them twice a couple years ago, and once last year just on property, from AKL to Contemporary and from BWV to AKL. Each time it was about $20! So taxi to restaurant is out. I am a solo traveler, staying in a studio, so grocery delivery would be expensive, for the few little groceries I need (milk, V-8, cheese, OJ, grapefruit). You can't really cook in a studio, just microwave things, so I bring oatmeal and cereal bars with me.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

I would imagine that any restaurant that would deliver in WDW (really, did not realize any could :confused3) would charge a hefty delivery fee :eek:

4. OneLittleSpark7

OneLittleSpark7 Waiting for the Lights

Just be sure to exercise caution with any pizza delivery services. They slip those flyers under your door and unfortunately some of them are just scams that take your credit card number. I'd recommend always checking with the front desk before using any of these offers.

5. nkereina

nkereina Wendy Darling

This. Reputable pizza delivery places know they are not allowed to put flyers under the door, so any that you get under the door are scams. Definitely get menus and suggestions from the front desk/concierge.

6. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Good Sailing Master. Average Banjo Picker.

Delivery Pizza until approx 3:00am:

Giordano’s
    (407) 397 0044

Westgate Pizza Hut
    (866) 438-2507

Papa John’s
    (352) 243-1800

Flipper's Pizza (Best in our opinion)
    (407) 938-9633

7. wishicouldgomoreofte

Thanks Rusty Scupper.
    Are there any restaurants other than pizza that deliver to DVC resorts?

8. wishicouldgomoreofte

9. ariel5884

ariel5884 Mouseketeer<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

Try Dominos Pizza

10. maggiew

maggiew If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive

Yes. You can get Chinese, etc. delivered to the resort. There was a good thread on the Orlando Resorts board that listed many good places. I printed off a few menus and brought them with us. (I didn't end up ordering anything though.)

I will try to find the link. But you could also just search "delivery" on the Orlando board.

Maggie

11. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I'm going to reiterate that guests should NOT order pizza from any flyers that are slipped under the doors. This is a rather widespread scam and yes they do put flyers under the doors at Disney resorts.

I'm going to move this to Orlando Hotels and Attractions as that is where you will find the most discussion on offsite restaurants.

12. cruisingkat

cruisingkat DIS Veteran

Is the Giordano's pizza the same original Chicago recipe? I know that when Pizzeria Uno opened their franchise in other states, the pizza wasn't quite the same.
    I have heard that the water used to make the dough can greatly affect the taste. And FL water tastes nothing like Chicago water.
    If so, I am glad to hear that there is a pizza place that delivers after midnight. So many times we get back to the room after midnight and would like a pizza - however the food court is closed.

13. Straitlover

Straitlover DIS Veteran

Not about pizza but groceries: on my solo trip last year, I brought squishable & liquid stuff in my carry-on bag using a Lock n Lock big container (could use tupperware, etc). You can get the small bottles/boxes of Minute Maid OJ and V8 that don't have to be refrigerated. Cheese - if it's not a soft cheese, it won't hurt to be out of the fridge for a few hours, or you could put a gel/ice pack in there. I got a half-gallon of milk at WDW in the shop that sells stuff for the DVC villas; total price was just over 3 bucks - more than home but way cheaper than buying little containers. I got mine at Contemporary, but I'm sure AKL has it, too.

14. SteveR915

SteveR915 Earning My Ears

Try Boardwalk Bros. they deliver to most of the the Disney Resorts you just have to meet them in the lobby. They have a lot of options if you are looking for something other than just pizza. Oh, and you can order online.