What not to miss on the Wonder?

rentayenta

DIS Veteran
This will be our first cruise (me and DS) and I'm wondering what are some things we shouldn't miss on the Wonder, big or small, aside from the shows and Palo. Looking for things we can do/see together as we'll as apart. Special drinks, spaces on the ship, cool touches, anything. I know we may be overwhelmed with the basics but I'd love to hear your ideas. :goodvibes

We're on the 5 night leaving Miami with stops in Cozumel and CC. :cloud9:

:thanks:

Me and my DH enjoyed the cooking classes. We did your same itinerary in feb. just one idea. :-)

Edited my post cause I can't read---lol! Sorry!

I should ask though, how old is your son? We just got back Thursday and did your itinerary. We loved it!

Me and my DH enjoyed the cooking classes. We did your same itinerary in feb. just one idea. :-)

That sounds fun. Where can I find out more. Is that something we sign up for early?

Edited my post cause I can't read---lol! Sorry!

I should ask though, how old is your son? We just got back Thursday and did your itinerary. We loved it!

Lol. He'll be 12 when we sail. :)

Other than excursions, there aren't family activities to sign up for before boarding. Some of the cooking classes are family activities, some are adults only. You'll just have to check the Navigators.

When I sailed with my 16 year old, we did most things together. She wasn't that interested in the teen club things and I didn't care that much about the adult only things. We ate our meals together, went to a few family activities. We did the package at CC and had a great day snorkeling, riding the bikes and just floating in the ocean.

On a second cruise, her sister was with us and they did much more stuff in the Vibe and with the other teens, and I did more reading on the deck and also did the Rainforest.

Nancy

That sounds fun. Where can I find out more. Is that something we sign up for early?

You can find it on the Navigator. You don't have to sign up for it. You just walk right in at the time it starts. You will watch one of the ships chefs cook a meal (risotto and salmon was something we watched) and then you get served a little plate of it with some wine (adults of course).

Another class is the Art of Towel-gami (the towel creatures in your room). You learn how to make these items. That class had a lot of children in there. It was great seeing a lot of smiling faces when the animals were successful. And this is another walk into thing. :cool1:

I suggest getting to the cooking class early. They ran out of seats when we went to one last August.

Our family enjoyed watching Oz the Great and Powerful and Lincoln on our two sea days. We also like Bingo but have to limit ourselves because it can get expensive. It's fun for all though.:) Room service is a huge hit with our son who eats 24/7.:lmao:

This will be our first cruise (me and DS) and I'm wondering what are some things we shouldn't miss on the Wonder, big or small, aside from the shows and Palo. Looking for things we can do/see together as we'll as apart. Special drinks, spaces on the ship, cool touches, anything. I know we may be overwhelmed with the basics but I'd love to hear your ideas. :goodvibes

We're on the 5 night leaving Miami with stops in Cozumel and CC. :cloud9:

:thanks:

When are you sailing? We leave Saturday 3/30

I suggest getting to the cooking class early. They ran out of seats when we went to one last August.

The Art of Entertaining cooking classes on the Wonder are for adults only, so her DS would not be able to attend. If they've added all-ages cooking classes other than the Oceaneer's Lab during Open House (which are more for the kids than the whole family due to space issues), I'd love to know.

We love a pre-dinner snack in Diversions. We take a few card or travel games with us and have a bit of relaxation before the evenings activities.

Other than excursions, there aren't family activities to sign up for before boarding. Some of the cooking classes are family activities, some are adults only. You'll just have to check the Navigators.

When I sailed with my 16 year old, we did most things together. She wasn't that interested in the teen club things and I didn't care that much about the adult only things. We ate our meals together, went to a few family activities. We did the package at CC and had a great day snorkeling, riding the bikes and just floating in the ocean.

On a second cruise, her sister was with us and they did much more stuff in the Vibe and with the other teens, and I did more reading on the deck and also did the Rainforest.

Nancy

Thank you Nancy. The Rainforest Room sounds great if he decides to go to the club but I don't think he will spend much time, if any, at the club.

You can find it on the Navigator. You don't have to sign up for it. You just walk right in at the time it starts. You will watch one of the ships chefs cook a meal (risotto and salmon was something we watched) and then you get served a little plate of it with some wine (adults of course).

That sounds nice. I love to watch DH cook. :thumbsup2 So the daily Navigator's will have the times?

Another class is the Art of Towel-gami (the towel creatures in your room). You learn how to make these items. That class had a lot of children in there. It was great seeing a lot of smiling faces when the animals were successful. And this is another walk into thing. :cool1:

That sounds like something DS might enjoy. :thanks:

Thanks Bobbi. Can kids attend?

He might enjoy the crab races on CC.

Crab races, what are those? Are they with real crabs?

Our family enjoyed watching Oz the Great and Powerful and Lincoln on our two sea days. We also like Bingo but have to limit ourselves because it can get expensive. It's fun for all though.:) Room service is a huge hit with our son who eats 24/7.:lmao:

Bingo is on my list for sure. :thumbsup2 How much does it cost?

A movie sounds nice too. Room service is on the list too. That's part of the reason we got early dining.

When are you sailing? We leave Saturday 3/30

Next January. Have a wonderful trip. :goodvibes

The Art of Entertaining cooking classes on the Wonder are for adults only, so her DS would not be able to attend. If they've added all-ages cooking classes other than the Oceaneer's Lab during Open House (which are more for the kids than the whole family due to space issues), I'd love to know.

Oh bummer, a cooking class sounded fun. Thank you for the clarification.

We love a pre-dinner snack in Diversions. We take a few card or travel games with us and have a bit of relaxation before the evenings activities.

Can kids go to Diversions?

Yes, they are with real crabs. You adopt one for the race and they see which crab wins.

Kids can be in Diversions in the day time for games. There is a bar in there though, if you mind that kind of thing. There are also tastings, so if you are against him seeing others drink alcohol you might not like it. We personally don't mind. But they play sports on TV so your son might like that.

Yes, they are with real crabs. You adopt one for the race and they see which crab wins.

Kids can be in Diversions in the day time for games. There is a bar in there though, if you mind that kind of thing. There are also tastings, so if you are against him seeing others drink alcohol you might not like it. We personally don't mind. But they play sports on TV so your son might like that.

:thumbsup2 He loves football but I think that'll be between the playoffs and Superbowl. He does love watching sports though. We drink wine with dinner. I have no issues with it.

You'll see more alcohol being served up by the pool than you ever will in Diversions. Most days/nights we've been in there we are alone or maybe one other couple. The only time it's a bit busier is during trivia or the Captains Q&A panel.

Hi Jenny,
Love your trip reports. :thanks:

We will be traveling this spring on the Wonder, same itinerary as you, our first Disney cruise. My first cruise ever. I am water phobic so we shall see how it goes.

Cruising will be my spouse, 15 year old daughter and myself. I can never find time to write a trip report but will try to at least post photos and a summary of the trip . Rob and Sarah (spouse and child) are planning to go Snubaing in Conzumel (not sure snubaing is a word). I have to hang out in the port and grade papers while they are looking at fish. :rolleyes: The only plans we have at the moment, other than the Snuba, is a Palo's brunch. We plan to sign up for a few of the various events once we see the Navigator.

Kate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter