What no Disney this year? Are you sure???! Pre trip report

Got the Backstage Safari tour booked today for the day we wanted it too. I used my AA card to get the AAA discount which was great! Now all that is left to do is to pay the balance of the trip off next month and then count down the days until we go!!

Congratulations! Is it 90 days before you can book the tours, and what was the AAA discount? Thanks!

Yes it is 90 days before the tour date that you can book. For the AAA discount if you are a member of the AA in the UK you can use your card to get a AAA discount on quite a few of the tours. The tour for the 2 of us should have been $140 but we paid $119 with the discount. We did this at Disneyland last year too and it saved us a bit of money.

Yes it is 90 days before the tour date that you can book. For the AAA discount if you are a member of the AA in the UK you can use your card to get a AAA discount on quite a few of the tours. The tour for the 2 of us should have been $140 but we paid $119 with the discount. We did this at Disneyland last year too and it saved us a bit of money.

Brilliant thanks for that type Karen - just need to decide whether to do Backstage Safari or Keys to the Kingdom tour now!

So with a few days to go I figured I had better do an update!!

Since my last post we have decided to hire a car. Initially the shuttle was supposed to launch when we were there so we were going to book a tour to see it. Then we realised it would be cheaper to hire a car for the length of stay! So we booked the car and cancelled Magical Express. Now the shuttle has been delayed again, but we have decided to go to Kennedy anyway to see the shuttle on the launch pad. The year 5 kids at school are doing space as a topic next year, so I figured it would be handy for the teacher to have some photos (I taught those kids last year so I know they would like to see them!) Plus staying at AKL having a car might be useful to get to some of the parks and DTD.

I am also meeting up with a fellow disser Barbara who is a CM at WDW, we plan on doing some pin trading together.

Another change is that for mine and DH's birthdays my parents decided to book us into the airport hotel for the night so we are leaving on Saturday now, not the early hours of Sunday which is nice.

And finally today a fellow disser offered VIP viewing and drinks tickets to Illuminations for event that is being put on for the day we happened to be planning on viewing Illuminations. So that was nice.

Well the cases are down, packing lists made, clothes all out on the spare bed ready for packing, all daily plans are made and put on my iphone and the $$ are arriving on Thursday. So everything is ready.

There's nothing like starting your holiday a day early. :thumbsup2

How kind of the Disser to offer you the VIP tickets as well, hope you have a great time there.

Not long to go now! :yay:

Great plans Karen, hope you both have a lovely trip:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter