What makes a maiden voyage special?

stitch'sgirl

DIS Veteran
Except of course the bragging rights! For those that have been or have heard about the Magic and Wonder, is it worth the extra cost? I just looked at dvc points for the trip and it's more than I want to part with. Looks like it's a cash trip.

im wondering that myself. why would i want to pay more, and looking at it it seems to be about $1000 for two adults more than the following week. not sure i want to pay that but if there is a good reason i would. so.....talk to me!

Well....for me it is not about bragging rights but just being part of something special with DCL....we were on the MV of the Magic and that was our first cruise ever so I could not compare it to anything. There were many problems leading up to and on the MV of the Magic and nothing special was done...but I was hooked on cruising with DCL and knew I wanted to be on the MV of the Dream (could not do the MV of the Wonder). There really is no bragging rights for the Dream MV as there are really about 6 or so cruises before ours.

I am hoping there may be something special in store for the MV of the Dream...but who knows, we will see!!!:thumbsup2

MJ

Well....for me it is not about bragging rights but just being part of something special with DCL....we were on the MV of the Magic and that was our first cruise ever so I could not compare it to anything. There were many problems leading up to and on the MV of the Magic and nothing special was done...but I was hooked on cruising with DCL and knew I wanted to be on the MV of the Dream (could not do the MV of the Wonder). There really is no bragging rights for the Dream MV as there are really about 6 or so cruises before ours.

I am hoping there may be something special in store for the MV of the Dream...but who knows, we will see!!!:thumbsup2

MJ

Hi! I just wanted to add to your comment....we were booked on the Magic (not for the MV, but a later date) and we had to re-schedule our cruise due to the MV date being moved back. :headache: That was such a pain in the neck for us, as I'm sure it was for you too! We are DVC members and we were using points (we no longer do that since we know it's much more cost effective to pay cash and use points for other vacations). Well, DVC almost penalized us when we had to re-schedule. We had to talk to a manager at DVC to explain that re-scheduling our vacation was in no way shape or form OUR fault. How were we to know that DCL let us book a cruise that wasn't going to be ready! :confused3 But in the end it all worked out and we've done 7 cruises now and have 2 more scheduled. We're ALMOST at PLATINUM level! :banana: We wanted our 10th cruise to be the Fantasy's MV, but we just can't justify paying that much money for a cruise. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts