What major goal do you want to achive from your dietary change....

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by glo, Feb 26, 2003.

1. glo

glo <font color=green>"Has a heart bigger then all of

besides loosing weight?

I will go first....

I would love to feel healthy, and not tired all the time. I want to do things with my kids and not poop out. I want to see them all get married and give me grandchildren.

I do think that I would like to have a nice body next. One that maybe someone would look at, and enjoy, not look at in disgust. I want to feel sexy and comfortable in a pair of shorts, a skirt and God forbid even wear a bathing suit without a t-shirt over it. I want to feel attractive and not embarrassed of how I look.

who's next?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SeaSpray

SeaSpray Disney World fan since 1976

glo, you've mentioned all of the same reasons why I want to lost weight!

Here they are, not necessarily in order of importance:

FEEL better, more energy
    LOOK better
    BE healthier
    MAINTAIN my health the best I can

I am not terribly self conscious about my weight because I try to wear clothes that are flattering to my shape, but I don't like the way I look right now, AT ALL. I do wear dresses and shorts (in warm weather of course) now, and I don't wear a shirt over my bathing suit. But I'd like to be able to choose slightly different styles of clothing. Nothing too "showy" but I have short legs and can't stand the LONG shorts that are popular for women my size. LOL They make my legs look even shorter!! I haven't always been overweight and I REALLY miss my waist!!!! :p It'll be nice to have a waist again :teeth:

4. nativetxn

nativetxn <font color=teal>Moderator<br><font color=red>Hono Moderator

I want to be in good health and have energy.

I want my husband and son to be proud of how I look and not embarrassed (neither would confess to being embarrassed but I know they are).

I want to be able to have fun with any grandchildren I may have someday ( I hope, I hope, I hope).

I want to be able to wear cute clothes and not the things they make for women my size.

5. wovenwonder

wovenwonder DIS Veteran

Right now I just have a short term goal. I REALLY am excited for the day that I can wear my wedding rings again. They were resized many years ago as I was putting on weight but I've gained so much more since then --- and yearn for the day that I can proudly wear them again!

Katholyn --- I ALSO want to be healthy for grandchildren (someday). HEY -- my daughter, Shelby will be 20 in June - but is VERY MATURE for her age! (and she's SINGLE too --- Loves DISNEY --- Hee, Hee -- do you see where I'm going with this!):teeth:

6. TigH

TigH <font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=

You must be a mind-reader, Glo! I was wondering something along this line earlier in the week.

My major goal is to feel better about myself. When I eat junk, I feel cruddy. I don't sleep well, I don't have energy and I don't like how my body looks.

When I eat right and exercise, I sleep through the night, I have tons more energy, I feel "lighter", my body is able to digest food better, I feel tone and attractive, and I don't berate myself for not looking good in clothes.

I want to live a really long time and I want to be as healthy as possible up until the end. We are childless by choice, and I want to make sure I am healthy enough to take care of my DH (if he needs it) when we are old. He works out and eats right too, so we are both trying to take care of ourselves now so life will be fun when we hit 70, 80, 90... :)

Both my grandfathers died from a heart attack. DH's father had triple bypass surgery about 7 or 8 years ago. My grandmother died from kidney failure. There is no good reason to NOT exercise and eat right, and I owe it to myself to do the best I can.

Plus I just really want to wear some low rise jeans so I can show off my belly button ring and my Tigger tattoo. ;)

7. pixiedust218

pixiedust218 <font color=red>@<font color=green>-<-- <br><font

I too would like to feel better about myself. Most times I do, but there are those days when someone will ask me when I am "due" and I say, no I'm just fat, that just BUMS me out, and I am sure embarrasses them. All of my weight is in my mid-section (I can thank my kids for that, LOL). I have been eating healthy and excercising everyday and I really do feel better. So soon, I will feel great and clothes will fit a lot better. :)

8. SnackyStacky

SnackyStacky <font color=9900FF>Disney Addict<br><table border=

My reasons for losing weight are two fold:

1 - I just wanted to be able to shop at Old Navy and pay $20 for a pair of jeans instead of $50 at Casual Male! But now the problem becomes that I can shop at Old Navy, but NOW I want to pay $50 for jeans again, but this time at Structure! hahaha

2 - I want to be able to feel comfortable enough not to wear a T-Shirt with swim wear.

Those are the true reasons. Anything else would be me trying to deny those two thing! :p

9. ead79

ead79 <font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v

1) I really, really want to be thin on my wedding day so I don't have to feel self conscious about how I look

2) I want to be able to wear smaller clothes and save some money while I'm at it (when I'm smaller the clothes are closer to my proportions and don't have to be altered as much)

3) I want to have more self confidence and not have to try to hide my tummy all the time

4) I want to be able to not think about being overweight nearly all the time

5) I want to have more energy and be less tired

All good reasons for me to stick with it! :)

10. tlgoblue

tlgoblue Thankful for Family

Ladies! (well, mostly ladies)

I don't know how to say this, so I just will. You're reasons, though honest, are breaking my heart.:(

11. Mary Jo

Mary Jo Techarita Moderator

<font color=navy>My main goal is to be healthy.

As a secondary goal, I want to be a mom that my kids will be proud to have around, and not worry that their friends will point and say, "that's your mom?"

Finding someone doesn't enter into it - I think that keeping them away does -- and I don't want to do that anymore (other issue :) )

I used to be in shape, and I want to get back that way, where I can walk up hills without having to stop to breathe, etc.