What 'legal' treat do you look forward to on YOUR eating plan?

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
I'm eating Low Carb --- and enjoying a glass of diet rootbeer with a couple tablespoons of cream right now! YUM -- as close to a rootbeer float as you can get!
:D

What 'legal' treat do YOU look forward to?

My weakness is salty crunchy foods (like potato chips). Since I can't have those on my eating plan I eat Bakenettes instead.

Originally posted by nativetxn
My weakness is salty crunchy foods (like potato chips). Since I can't have those on my eating plan I eat Bakenettes instead.

What are Bakenettes? Are they similar to pork rinds?

have to go get some porkrinds...thanks for reminding me.

I am so craving sugar....I even cut out all soda :(

So this weekend I bought my Splenda and stuff and I am going to make an Atkins approved cheesecake.....wish me luck!

Glo --

I hear that Beachgirls Cheesecake recipe's are simply the BEST! I haven't tried them yet -- but you can find the recipe's HERE :D

Beachgirls recipe IS the best. :teeth:

I make them REGULARLY.

Another low carber here... one of my favorites is:

2 TBS of Natural Style Sugar Free peanut butter mixed with 2 TBS of regular cream cheese and 1 PKT of splenda sweetner. It makes a peanut butter pudding that is CREAMY and SWEET and oh so satisfying! :)

A little different, but when I can find them and afford them: organic blueberries or raspberries. Perhaps followed by a taste of dark organic chocolate. Diana

Sugar free hard candies. The best part is that you can't eat too many because then your body rebels. Not quite as good as chocolate but at least it's sweet.

Also found a sugar free hot chocolate and they have it at work so that's been a treat.

Cdnmickeylover

I bought myself a hot air popper so I can still have my favorite treat, popcorn! Of course, it can't have all that good butter & salt all over it like I like, but at least it's still popcorn. :teeth:

I sprinkle popcorn with cajun spice -- that makes up some for not drowing it in butter.

Just wondering where I can find sugar-free peanut butter......I went to the grocery last night and they didn't have it...do you have to go to a health foods store???

Kraft makes a sugar free peanut butter that I can buy here in our grocery stores. It has a blue lid on the jar or at least it does here in Canada. According to the dietican I can also eat natural peanut butter because it doesn't have added sugar. I can also get it at the grocery store although I can't remember the brand that I usually buy. It has to be kept in the fridge and you really have to stir it up since all the oils float to the top. I usually spoon off some of the oil before I start stirring. The taste is the same though.

Cdnmickeylover

Look for "natural" peanut butter right there with all the rest.

As far as legal treats...

Cream in root beer or Diet Rite tangerine is at the top of the list!

If I've got to have chocolate, sugar-free Russel Stover's fits the bill just fine... love the peanut butter cups!

I made the BEST chocolate chip mint ice cream last night (love my Cuisinart ice cream maker, too!)... sugar-free and low carb. YUM!

And personally, I consider steak and hot wings to be about the best legal treats I can have! ;)

Oooo -- how did you make the chocolate chip mint ice cream. It's my favourite flavour of all time although everyone else in my family hates it -- means that I get to eat it all -- or I did before I wasn't supposed to eat sugar. I can get sugar free chocolate and vanilla but not chocolate chip mint.

Cdnmickeylover

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter