What kind of fish is used for Fish & Chips?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by KJay, Mar 18, 2013.

1. KJay

KJay DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what kind of fish is used for Fish & Chips at the Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BEASLYBOO

BEASLYBOO <font color=deeppink>It's part of the charm<br><fo

I have to laugh a this question because I've asked it a couple of times while ordering and the standard answer I've gotten, "It's a mild, flaky white fish." Someone knows the name of the actual fish but I don't think the servers know! I think it's a secret!

I do enjoy it, do't have allergies to anything so I don't guess it's all that important that I know!

4. KJay

KJay DIS Veteran

That's funny! Maybe it changes, based on what's available. I know a local place that does that- sometimes uses haddock, sometimes uses cod, based on what's available on a given day...

5. SwimBikeRun

SwimBikeRun Mouseketeer

Cod or haddock. I can tell the difference. When I had it there a couple of weeks ago it was most definitely haddock. Haddock is usually cheaper but not always!

6. cceandme

cceandme Mouseketeer

Don't know for sure about Yorkshire but majority of seafood restaurants use cod for F & C.

7. nanienamou

nanienamou Mouseketeer

I'm thinking cod or haddock, too. Usually, those are the go-to fish for fish n chips.