What kind of candy do they give out at MNSSHP?

cstrong

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time to MNSSHP and my boys were asking what kind of candy the characters give out. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for any responses!

We had great candy!
The things I can think of off the top of my head were, Nerds, Butterfinger, Crunch, Toll House bars of some kind, Pixie Stix, Twix, Kit Kat...... so much candy!
They really piled it on! Have a great time! :D

NO CHEAP CANDY FROM DISNEY !! It was all good stuff !!
Over by Tom Sawyer's Island they were giving away the huge snickers and 3 Musketeers candy bars. We also got Kit-Kat, lots and lots of M&M's, the bite size candy bars, Butterfinger, tons of blow pops....... We ended up getting 8 FULL bags of candy, and we have enough to last us a LONG time !! I won't even need to buy any Halloween candy for trick or treaters !!

Hey... as expensive as Disney is..... we got our money's worth in candy !! Why not ?? The bags they gave out were endless, if you can carry the "loot" out of there... why not ????
It was a great night !! We went Oct. 1st.

Interesting...

I was under the assumption that there wouldn't be chocolate b/c of the heat, but I guess not! Now I'm excited!!!!!

This will be our first MNSSHP, so we're really excited!!! Where do we get the bags?

We'll probably be in MK before MNSSHP, so we're not sure where to get our bracelets and bags from.

But thanks for the info on the candy...can't wait!!!

:tongue: :tongue: :hyper: :hyper:

Thanks for all the replies! How does it work - do you bring your own pumpkin or does Disney provide trick or treating bags?

Originally posted by cstrong
Thanks for all the replies! How does it work - do you bring your own pumpkin or does Disney provide trick or treating bags?

We just got back from the first MNSSHP last weekend and are heading back for the next one on Friday! The treat bags are provided by Disney as you go through the turnstiles. That is also where you will received your wrist band. If somehow you miss getting a treat bag, or change your mind and DO want one.. they will be giving them out on Main Street and throughout the park.

We got Hershey's miniatures bars, Butterfinger, Baby Ruths, Nestle Crunch bars! Good stuff! Just look for the giant lit up Mickey Head "balloons". They will also be marked on your map that you will receive up front.

It sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to go, even my teenager is looking forward to it!
Franne

WooooHooooo!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Chocolate!! I assumed that there wouldn't be any chocolate and that it would be "sub-par" candy. This is great news.

Ann:earsgirl:

Wow! The last few years I went I got pretty so-so candy and the CM's gave out like one piece! Did you go to specific areas to get the good stuff? I remember getting mostly Laffy Taffy and I think Nestle crunch bars. Do you think it had to do with being an adult?

We were at the 10/1 party and at MK around 1pm. They gave the arm bands out in front of the castle along with a map of the eve around 4:30. People that were coming in then had bags. A CM got one for us (very sweet), but there were a bunch at every trick or treat area. They told us to help ourselves to another bag if we filled one up! DD6, DS9, myself and husband all treated. The CM's were very generous. Some areas had lollypops and pixie sticks and others had butterfingers, full size snickers, twix, hershey mini's, m&m's, baby ruths, and more.....it was mixed up throughout the park. Have Fun!

Just a FYI ... we were at the park very early last Friday, and got our wristband in front of the castle around 4:00. The lady that gave us our wristband didn't have any bags so we had to walk back up to city hall to get them.

I would just go ahead and go up to the front of the park and get the bags and wristbands instead of having to make an extra trip like we did.

Also I noticed that at the beginning of the party when EVERYONE was "trick or treating" the candy was given out as much as around 10 and after. Then the CM's would just give you handfulls of stuff !! We expecially had good luck at the Tom Sawyers Island place and the place right beside the Alladin Carpet ride -
We managed to get home with 8 bags of candy without anything melting too :hyper:

Well, the 4 of us attending the MNSSHP on the 28th are all adults.... I hope we can got some candy, since I guess the CMs are obviously more generous with the kids.

:earsgirl: princess: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Don't worry, my husband and I felt they were just as generous to us as with the kids. He even said at one spot, Oh good, I love Baby Ruth's and the CM put in two handfulls!! Sometimes there was two or three CM's at each spot....each putting a handful in your bag. I don't think you have to worry about not getting enough candy!! It's been five days and we are still snacking on it!

Originally posted by tjkatie
We were at the 10/1 party and at MK around 1pm. They gave the arm bands out in front of the castle along with a map of the eve around 4:30.

They gave your wristbands in front of the castle? Since you need a special ticket for the event, did you just show them the ticket and they scanned it there? If so, we will go to the MK early and stay in the park.

We just had to show the tickets, no scanning. DH and DD were in front of the castle waiting for the show to start, but she had me call them over to put the wristbands on. They also had a map, but no candy bags. Once they opened the trick or treat areas, they had plenty of bags there. It was a great day!! Have Fun!

Well you did it! I didn't think I could get more excited, but I have! So far, I've read that the Tom Sawyer Island location and beside the Aladdin ride are good places for candy. I think I remember reading somewhere else that the path between Toon Town and Tomorrowland is a good one too. Anyone know for sure? Thank you!!! :)

My advice would be to get the most of of MNSSHP, and skip any lines to collect candy. Sure if a character is open and nobody else is waiting, go for it. But waiting in line for candy and the "free" family pix really distract form getting all those extra rides in and from getting to the parades, getting to see everything. We only took candy from the characters who forced it on us, and we still came back with more than we would let our kids eat in a good long time.

Wish I could be there for party,am going to plan on going next year.::yes:: :wave2:

Awesome! This is my dads first trip and I can already see the smile on his facev when they give him candy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter