What kind of bag/purse do you carry ??

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by disneymomof1, Sep 9, 2007.

1. disneymomof1

disneymomof1 DIS Veteran

Last year I carried a Travelon small messenger bag as my purse for our trip. Of course never thinking that there were magnets in there to keep flap closed. Our tickets/room key kept getting demagnetized !!! Help, what kind of small across the body bag do you carry. I have a four year old, I will just be carrying wallet, sunscreen, handiwipes, chapstick and camera and small first aid kit. Nothing to big or to small, Any Suggestions??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Elmo888

Elmo888 DIS Veteran

I have an Overland Equipment Placer that I love. It is small messenger style with no magnets! Only zippers and velcro. It might be a tad small, but I don't put a wallet in it. It has an organizer flap with a zipper pouch - I used that for my id, cc, tickets, and money. I don't find that I need a wallet on vacation because I don't need all of those store discount cards! The flap can flop open and nothing falls out because of the zippered pouch - loved that. And there is a pocket in the flap for a pen, one for sunglasses, and one where I kept my cell phone. Besides the flap, it has a main zippered compartment which is good sized (for sunscreen, camera, etc.) The only things that I am not sure would fit are handiwipes (depending on size) and small first aid kid (how small?). Check ebags for deals.

4. logansmummy

logansmummy Mouseketeer

I went to Ebags.com and bought a baggalini it is PERFECT and water resistant. YEA! It holds everything and more.......

5. DisneyMomx7

DisneyMomx7 DIS Veteran

I have my "Disney bag" it's a mini LeSportsac backpack. I only use it for Disney and I love it! Very light, keeps my arms free and easy to manage.

6. Scuttle

Scuttle Mouseketeer

My DP purchased an awesome bag this summer from advice from others on the DIS's budget boards. I am sure that the awesome deal is over, but the bag still exists (and in much cooler prints now too - like the one shown below!)

Go to REI.com and put in Overland Equipment Donner Bag

It has plenty of room for me to carry stuff for my three 3 year olds for daily activities. Unfortunately for us, going to Disney will require a bit bigger bag. But it would be perfect for one!

HTH :cool2:

7. SalandJeff

SalandJeff <font color=teal>Disney Addict x2<br><font color=p

I use a small Travelon also, and have never had this problem. I LOVE mine.

Maybe you just need to put the cards in a section away from the magnet? Or in a small change purse? Just a suggestion so you won't have to spend money a new bag!

8. ess

ess Mouseketeer

I have the small Travelon bag also and never had that problem.