What is your plan for race morning (breakfast, getting to the corrals, etc?)

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by irishtwins1112, Jan 7, 2013.

1. tink2007

tink2007 DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this or not but I purchased a pre made box breakfast the night before the race. They were selling them in the food court. If I remember correctly, the box contained a banana, a bagel, cream cheese, Peanut butter and a granola bar I think. It was very convenient. I think it was like $10. Maybe a little less. We took our boxes with us and ate them once we got to our corrals.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BigEeyore

BigEeyore DIS Veteran

3am - wake up, get dressed
    3:30 - head to bus, take cup of coffee with me to sip
    4:15 - eat Clif bar and drink bottle of water, use potty before heading to corral
    5a- be in corral
    5:49 - here we go!!!

4. tink2007

tink2007 DIS Veteran

Wake up 2:30

Shower

Food court by 3:30ish (got to have a diet coke)

Bus stop by 3:45

Corral by 4:30

Let the fun begin :))))))

5. disney_runner

disney_runner Mouseketeer

Wow, Coach - what time does breakfast start in your villa? Do we need an ADR? Sounds loverly. ;)

Carnation instant breakfast for me. Liquid, carb, little protein, all in a convenient to-go bottle. And a granola bar to soak it up. Win-win. I'm lazy.

6. goofeygirl

goofeygirl DIS Veteran

Thats the way to do it! You are basically still in your room until the crowds move. You pretty much have the best of both worlds...staying at Disney in YOUR place, getting it a much better rate than a hotel and just driving your home to the lot. I assume its a class b or small class c...you are lucky for that!

7. Bephus

Bephus DIS Veteran

Here is my schedule:

2:30- wake up, out of bed, dressed
    3:00- food court at BC for coffee, bagel with pb and honey, banana and Gatorade
    3:30- bus, sip water
    Hang out at start area to stretch, pop several times and drink more water and Gatorade
    4:30- check bag, pop, start towards corrals
    5:35- start!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. Bookwood

Bookwood DIS Veteran

My plan is to be on the last bus out of my resort (I usually am not but I shoot for it anyway) because the least time I can spend standing around before the start the better I like it.

Breakfast is usually a half a bagel and a banana in the room before leaving- or on the way to bus if something happens.

9. LuzzBightyear

LuzzBightyear Mouseketeer

I have yet to finalize my times, but since this is my first Disney race, I would rather be at the start earlier to take in the experience rather than getting a little more sleep.

Also, although this goes against conventional school of thought, I actually like/need to have something a little greasy like bacon and eggs on race day, so hoping they will be serving breakfast like that at Pop food court on race morning!

10. cewait

cewait DIS Veteran

Better grab your breakfast choice the morning prior and microwave in the food court.. You can usually get a refrigerator if not already there

11. bigdave10000

bigdave10000 Mouseketeer

Will the buses go to the bus stops in Old Key West or only the main stop at the HH? I am planning on getting up at 2:45 and catch the bus around 3:30. Not planning on checking a bag. Just shorts, t-shirt, and maybe some knit gloves to throw away when the race starts.