What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I have to agree. I usually buy all new clothes for Vacay. Especially for my kiddos because I want them to wear Disney shirts etc. If I let them wear the clothes before, they would be all stained up...lol I do like the idea of bringing toiletries that are almost all used up so you can just throw them away though :)
Put me in a camp somewhere in the middle: for a lot of various trips we bring almost used up toiletries and old undies and socks (nobody sees them) to throw away, saves a *little* room, and usually splurge on new shirts that show up in pictures most often (that might be specific to Disney).

Disposable cameras for the kids. See Disney through their eyes.
That's an amazing idea. My kids are always asking for our phones and beg to see the photo on the screen afterwards but personally it drives me batty. It's not their phone or what if they dropped it, kwim? Giving them some freedom with their own camera would likely save a lot of pestering.

On my last trip to WDW I brought a Grab-It Pack. It's marketed as a "gadget holster," and it's worn strapped to the outside of your thigh (waist strap and leg strap). It's surprisingly comfortable and holds a decent amount of stuff, so if you're the kind of person who doesn't require a big park bag it'll allow you to go totally hands free, no loose purse hanging off your shoulder. I did sometimes have to unclip the leg strap and shift it on top of my lap when I got on a ride, but it was really nice having both hands free and no big bag to keep track of.

Can't emphasize enough the need for protein snacks--since we started bringing mixed nut trail mix, meat and cheese sticks and homemade beef jerky, we are much happier. (Because we aren't suffering from sugar spikes.) Also, ponchos are essential, and make sure to mark all your ponchos on the outside. That way, you can spot your family members at a distance, even if they are wearing ponchos that are identical to every one else's.

Last May when I went with my DD(13) and another Mom and her DD, I took the hanging storage cubes and LOVED them! I kept t-shirts and undies, etc... in these since our drawer space was so limited. Worked great!
41t1JiOQ6RL.jpg
[/Q
I can see how that would be very useful for longer stays, thanks! For the quick weekend it was more about the little crap that gets collected - stickers, loose change, receipts, small mementos (DD collects every little Mickey Thing she runs across... well, we're all bad about it actually....) so these collapsable boxes worked like a charm. I love this thread, such great ideas! :thumbsup2
yup, this is exactly what I meant...we have 7 night stay and even if we do laundry I can still imagine shoes, papers, etc getting scattered everywhere which will drive me nuts.

We bring that sometimes. Staying in a studio for the first time (Poly) and we will need it.

I also bring an over the door shoe holder to put suntan lotions, sunglasses, snacks, magic bands, anything really!!!

Sorry if I'm on the wrong forum but somewhere I saw Frosty Towels mentioned. Can these be bought in a store or only online? Also, how much are they please. I live in the UK. Thank you

We have Dollar Tree (everything in the store is only one dollar). During summer months they stock cooling towels in nice little plastic containers. Not as fancy as frogs or frostys. But only one buck!!!

This isn't so much for in the parks but for packing and not just for Disney, but any vacation.

I hate bringing a whole glass bottle of perfume for my 4 year old DD or DH to accidentally drop/knock over and break.

So, I like to bring this: http://www.amazon.com/Refillable-Pe..._bxgy_201_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0SS9Y5YVJMPMNBXXA4

Great for everyday in your purse too, so the big bottle doesn't take up so much room or break all in your purse.

I like to bring glow sticks for the kids.
pop up laundry basket.
m&m containers filled with pennies and quarters for the penny press.

I'm not sure if Frosty towels are like Frogg Toggs or not. But, I have the toggs and
when you wet them and ring them out, they can be placed anywhere you want to be cooled
down. I cut mine in half and carry one in a plastic bag and wear the other one around my neck,
then when the one I am wearing sort of "warms' up, I pull the one out of the baggie and
go thru the same steps. I use the plastic bag and I use water fountains to rewet the "warm"
togg up...It's amazing how wonderful they can keep you cool.
Same here! We love them!

I don't recall who shared this but thank you! The battery operated votive candle in the bathroom was just the right amount of light in the middle of the night this week at Pop Century! I found a pack of two at the Dollar Tree. Great thread!

How about a party favor size bottle of bubbles - entertain lots of kids while in standby lines

That is not a good idea for a few reasons. The bubble solution can be spilled, making the pavement slippery. Not everyone likes bubbles, and in line those who are annoyed by them cannot get away from them. Also, they can accidentally get on someone's camera or I-pad.

How do you get groceries delivered?

We use Garden Grocer often. They have good prices on beer and wine as well. $8 for a decent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (I'm not a wine snob). Less than one glass at Epcot!

Their website is easy to use, but their app also is great! Last trip, after the first night in the villa, I realized we "needed" some more things, so I ordered sitting by the pool & had it delivered a day later.

So worth the $14 charge for smaller orders. Our first order was $200 so got the cheaper delivery (I forget, but almost nothing).

We use Garden Grocer often. They have good prices on beer and wine as well. $8 for a decent bottle of Sauvignon Blanc (I'm not a wine snob). Less than one glass at Epcot!

Their website is easy to use, but their app also is great! Last trip, after the first night in the villa, I realized we "needed" some more things, so I ordered sitting by the pool & had it delivered a day later.

So worth the $14 charge for smaller orders. Our first order was $200 so got the cheaper delivery (I forget, but almost nothing).
Thanks for the information! We will try it on our next trip to wdw.

I use this every time. I get mostly fruit and bottled water. It is so worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter