What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

So to get away from bed bugs (which make me never want to travel again on some level btw... ewwwwww)

The one thing I packed that might be considered odd is a pill box in my park day bag... i used it for pills :rotfl2:

But no what I did was take and put all the over the counter meds we might need.. advil, pepto, benadryil in the kid and adult version in different day slots then write with a fine sharpie what they were and what the dosage was. Now i dont have to lug alot of bottles around and I dont have to worry about over the counter meds in the park.

I do this for our day trips to our local theme park and it alway works out very nicely. :woohoo:

Ok, 108 pages and 3 days in...here are my "have to" brings. My crochet. I know, I know. Who has time for that at Disney? Well, it helps me to de-compress after a long day. Just a few rows or stitches just settles the brain. And then I can remember my trip every time I look at my finished goodie.
I have to bring my knitting! Now to decide on a single (small) project to bring.

79 days to go! I hope I can decide!!

I have to bring my knitting! Now to decide on a single (small) project to bring.

79 days to go! I hope I can decide!!

Same here. I just started my travel project, I would never get through the plane ride without it, and a few rows at night are so relaxing after a busy Disney day.

I have a small collapsible silicone funnel that I bring. We always get so many drinks with the QS meal plan. I pour the leftover drinks into water bottles and add them to the backpack for later. I also have one of those flat out tupperware containers in the backpack for leftovers.

White noise app is my new favorite. No need to bring a fan anymore.

I just thought of something else since I'm packing for another trip. I bring hibiclens packets and individual soap packets instead of other wipes or antibacterial goo.

They're pretty much the only thing that works on norovirus, C-diff, and everything else ghnasty and they continue working for hours. :goodvibes

EXCELLENT IDEA! I work in a hospital and we use this stuff...it is amazing!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/55050-ziploc-space-bag-8-piece-travel-bag-set.html

These work great for fitting a lot of clothes in a small case. Can roll in a dryer sheet too for wrinkles.

Also, a solar powered charger so you always have a back up battery charger. http://www.ebay.com/itm/50000mAh-Po...l_Phone_PDA_Chargers&var=&hash=item2a40b99d8e

OR:

I got the Otterbox external battery case. It is great protection and gives double the life on the iPhone battery which sucks! http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251521351018?lpid=82

BTW, no more phone charging stations at the parks but there are outlets so bring your cords. When you stop for a break power up.

Power strip
Powdered drink flavorings for bottles of water
Brita bottle with filter for water
Ponchos-came in so handy while sitting at Fantasmic when it started to rain!
Hand sanitizer wipes for park bag

Nothing new to add just marking my spot so less scrolling next time. Carry on. :rolleyes1

Funny!

Lots of pages to scroll through, but some great ideas I never would've thought to bring along. I was hoping for a backpack-free trip (fanny pack only), but I guess I'll have to.

- Ziplocs in pockets to use for waterproofing iPhones

- Travel power strip

- Travel router (plug it in and connect to wifi once instead of having to connect everyone's device to a new network)

- Mophie juice box in case someone needs a charge while traveling + 4 inch charger cable from Amazon (shorter cable is perfect for carrying on your person)

- If we have checked luggage, I pack our stuff in a Ziploc Big Bag (the XXL size). One bag for each family member. The bags become dirty clothes bags when we get to the room and then seal up and throw back into the suitcase when it's time to leave. This idea came from when our luggage sat on the tarmac during a thunderstorm at MCO and everything in our bags was soaked completely through. Protects our stuff, organizes our stuff, and easy repacking.

Some things that came in handy on a recent trip:

*Clothes pins - there's a line in the bathtub you can pull out, but you can fit more by hanging with clothes pins rather than draping it over the line. Plus the clothes pins work well to hold the curtain shut to the bathroom area in some resorts.

*Downey Wrinkle Releaser - I pull out my outfit for the next day, hang it on a hanger, spray on the wrinkle releaser and by morning all the wrinkles are gone.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/55050-ziploc-space-bag-8-piece-travel-bag-set.html

These work great for fitting a lot of clothes in a small case. Can roll in a dryer sheet too for wrinkles.

Also, a solar powered charger so you always have a back up battery charger. http://www.ebay.com/itm/50000mAh-Po...l_Phone_PDA_Chargers&var=&hash=item2a40b99d8e

OR:

I got the Otterbox external battery case. It is great protection and gives double the life on the iPhone battery which sucks! http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251521351018?lpid=82

BTW, no more phone charging stations at the parks but there are outlets so bring your cords. When you stop for a break power up.

there are charging stations in new fantasyland in stumps by the repunzel restrooms

We bring tea bags, coffee, sweeteners and breakfast biscuits from England to make sure I have the brands I like :0)

Things we always bring on our trip:
Collapsible Hamper
Small amount of laundry soap
Clothes pins
Power strip
Lysol wipes

Things we always bring in our day bag to the parks:
A towel from our room (we ALWAYS end up using it)
A box of ziploc bags (so useful! We have even given them away to others who need them!)
Baby wipes
A change of clothes for each kid
Extra sunblock
Frozen water bottle
Small first aid kit

The other thing we did this last trip which I will always do from now on is bring flip flops (I just left them in my stroller). Then when my feet got tired in my Toms, I switched to the flip flops, and vice versa later. This way I always had dry feet and no blisters! :)

Oh I forgot one more thing! We bought a glow stick variety pack at a local craft store for $4.00 - it had over 200 items in it. We could make bracelets, necklaces, you name it. We had enough for each person in our party to have several each evening and we also connected some to our stroller, which made it easier to see.

This is sad and we make fun of ourselves all the time (as does the rest of the family) but my mom and I grab those round Mickey stickers whenever we can. We are spillers. We WILL spill on our shirts and sometimes Shout wipes and Tide pens don't do the trick. So we whip out a Mickey sticker and cover the evidence. Sometimes we look silly, but an oddly placed Mickey sticker looks a lot better than a big stain! :blush:

And when I'm at home and I spill (which is all the time) DH just looks at me and shouts "Mickey sticker"!

Best. Tip. Ever. I had to laugh as this is so me! I will definitely use this! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

...hint regarding this is to not ever use the bedspread or duvet on the beds. They're most likely to be stained and dirty because they're not always washed each guest and rarely bleached. Don't walk in and flop on it. No kiddos on the bedspread either. Take them off! Ask for extra blankets instead!...

I don't think hotels wash their blankets any more frequently than the bedspreads, do they?

For footwear, I ONLY wear serious running shoes, every single park day. I see people all over wearing thongs and sandals, but not sure why anyone would do that to their legs. A day at Disney is a 10-mile day. Running shoes only. Never had a blister yet, and never been dragging as badly as I see most people dragging at nightfall. It just doesn't make sense to do endurance work in flip-flops.

Not to mention you're more agile in running shoes, and when people step on your toes in line it hurts less.

This is sad and we make fun of ourselves all the time (as does the rest of the family) but my mom and I grab those round Mickey stickers whenever we can. We are spillers. We WILL spill on our shirts and sometimes Shout wipes and Tide pens don't do the trick. So we whip out a Mickey sticker and cover the evidence. Sometimes we look silly, but an oddly placed Mickey sticker looks a lot better than a big stain! :blush:

And when I'm at home and I spill (which is all the time) DH just looks at me and shouts "Mickey sticker"!
butterbunkins. Your sticker suggestion is awesome. My husband is a spiller. We will be doing this.

Oh I forgot one more thing! We bought a glow stick variety pack at a local craft store for $4.00 - it had over 200 items in it. We could make bracelets, necklaces, you name it. We had enough for each person in our party to have several each evening and we also connected some to our stroller, which made it easier to see.

We always bring glow sticks! Or, light up shoe laces. Super fun! It's great so the kids don't beg for the light up toys at the parks!

zip lock bags and a refillable water bottle! we also bring fake ice cubes (the plastic ones) that you can throw in your freezer perfect if you dont want to use the ice machines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter