What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I plan to do laundry at our hotel. Much easier then bringing a weeks worth laundry for 5 people. It will force us to have some down time at the same time.!!

Being DVC, I ALWAYS do laundry when visiting. Even when it's just DH and I, every night before showering, I'd throw a load in the washer in the room (sooooo nice). Then right before getting in bed, I toss it in the dryer. REALLY helps cut down on overpacking. At least for me.

And honestly, unpacking once you get home is the worst. I would much rather come home and put away a suitcase full of clean clothes, opposed to knowing that I had loads of laundry ahead of me.

That's just me though :)

Exactly! People keep posting that it's so hard to do laundry. What's so hard about it? It doesn't even take away from my vacation. The laundry room is always by the pool. I just go put in a load then go back to the pool with a cocktail watching my family play in the pool. Then I go back half an hour later and put the load in the dryer. Takes a couple of minutes. Then I go back to my cocktail and pool. It's not like it's Little House on the Prairie and I have to wash all the clothes by hand in the river!:rolleyes2

It's not that it's hard...I just want some time off. I have been cooking, cleaning and doing laundry for 50 years...since I was a kid. I’ve earned a break. Every one else gets to forgo their chores… why not me? It’s bad enough that I have to do all the packing…and unpacking.

Not saying it’s the way to go for everyone…just my choice.

It's not that it's hard...I just want some time off. I have been cooking, cleaning and doing laundry for 50 years...since I was a kid. I’ve earned a break. Every one else gets to forgo their chores… why not me? It’s bad enough that I have to do all the packing…and unpacking.

Not saying it’s the way to go for everyone…just my choice.

:) here's a thought.. why does it have to be the mom who does the laundry? how about the dad? or the kids? a 10 year old should be able to do a simple load of laundry.

all the while mom is in a lounger with a pina colada!!! as well she should be!:cheer2:

And honestly, unpacking once you get home is the worst. I would much rather come home and put away a suitcase full of clean clothes, opposed to knowing that I had loads of laundry ahead of me.

I second this one...we've always stayed at a condo when visiting Disney and I'm able to do all of our laundry the night before we leave. So, when I get home and I'm exhausted from the travelling, I just unpack everything right into the closets. Then, I nap!:woohoo:

Sir William -- I don't know if I mentioned this anywhere else, but we have similar issues in our family. Have you ever had Vitamin Water Revive? Vitamin water is a lot like gatorade, with fun flavors, and witty little comments on the label. Available in the grocery store anywhere. The revive flavor has a lot of potassium, which for some reason, really helps when we are feeling that woozy, over-heated feeling.

Those drinks that are loaded with vitamins and minerals help you feel so much better when you are walking around WDW in the heat! I learned that little trick during our 4th of July trip. Drinking one a day made a world of difference!

Those drinks that are loaded with vitamins and minerals help you feel so much better when you are walking around WDW in the heat! I learned that little trick during our 4th of July trip. Drinking one a day made a world of difference!

We do this as well, but we use the Propel powder packets. Just order a free cup of ice water, dump in the packet and stir. Much easier to carry then a bottle of premade sports/energy drink, less expensive and you don't have to worry about trying to keep your drink cool for later in the day. :thumbsup2

Being DVC, I ALWAYS do laundry when visiting. Even when it's just DH and I, every night before showering, I'd throw a load in the washer in the room (sooooo nice). Then right before getting in bed, I toss it in the dryer. REALLY helps cut down on overpacking. At least for me.

We fly to WDW so everything goes in the washer or if clean for at least 30 minutes in the dryer. I am always afraid of hitchhikers in my luggage( bedbugs, roaches etc.) the heat of the dryer will kill eggs etc. t he only live hitchhiker I have found is a tiny Mediterranean gecko.... Which we released outside.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:) here's a thought.. why does it have to be the mom who does the laundry? how about the dad? or the kids? a 10 year old should be able to do a simple load of laundry.

all the while mom is in a lounger with a pina colada!!! as well she should be!:cheer2:

Exactly. Now where is that cocktail?

From your lips to God's ears. :)

Unfortunately DH couldn’t do a load of wash if you gave him written instructions. I once had to throw out my favorite cashmere sweater after he put it in a hot dryer. It wouldn’t have fit a two year old. We won’t even discuss my delicates or the permanent press. :rolleyes2

I love him anyway. :love: And he does help with the folding and putting away of everything when we get home. I just don’t let him near the laundry detergent…(you don’t want to know) lol

So we take enough for the whole trip and when we get a suitcase full of dirty clothes, we toss it in the back of the van. It’s parked in a covered garage at the hotel and we use Disney transportation, so it’s no problem. And there is less to pack the night before we head home.

After 45 years of marriage, you just adapt. :goodvibes

From your lips to God's ears. :)

Unfortunately DH couldn’t do a load of wash if you gave him written instructions. I once had to throw out my favorite cashmere sweater after he put it in a hot dryer. It wouldn’t have fit a two year old. We won’t even discuss my delicates or the permanent press. :rolleyes2

I love him anyway. :love: And he does help with the folding and putting away of everything when we get home. I just don’t let him near the laundry detergent…(you don’t want to know) lol

So we take enough for the whole trip and when we get a suitcase full of dirty clothes, we toss it in the back of the van. It’s parked in a covered garage at the hotel and we use Disney transportation, so it’s no problem. And there is less to pack the night before we head home.

After 45 years of marriage, you just adapt. :goodvibes

lol! not to stir the pot..;) but did you ever see that "everybody Loves raymond" episode, where raymond tells his brother to do something wrong, (make out the wedding invitations), so his wife won't ever ask him to do it again? (help with the rest of the wedding planning) and debra realizes all the things over the years that raymond "can't" do. so she has to do it. and then he realizes the same thing about her. (setting up to tape the vcr).

anyway. I've only done laundry at disney once. I am an overpacker. I like to have a "choice" of waht to wear! I just meant doing laundry isn't a big deal to me.

once we rented a cabin in Wisconsin for the week, with friends. (didn't speak for 6 months after! :rotfl:) anyway, how is cooking the whole week a vacation?

lol! not to stir the pot..;) but did you ever see that "everybody Loves raymond" episode, where raymond tells his brother to do something wrong, (make out the wedding invitations), so his wife won't ever ask him to do it again? (help with the rest of the wedding planning) and debra realizes all the things over the years that raymond "can't" do. so she has to do it. and then he realizes the same thing about her. (setting up to tape the vcr).

anyway. I've only done laundry at disney once. I am an overpacker. I like to have a "choice" of waht to wear! I just meant doing laundry isn't a big deal to me.

once we rented a cabin in Wisconsin for the week, with friends. (didn't speak for 6 months after! :rotfl:) anyway, how is cooking the whole week a vacation?

Lol!! Oh - I've thought of that. We had that discussion years ago. But his worst offences were when I was in the hospital and he HAD to have clean uniforms. (CO doesn't care that your wife is bedridden.) Some of them were permanent press before that. lol

He was an only child of a stay at home mom (didnt even have to clean up his room :rolleyes2 ) and now he's an only husband. :blush: At least now he picks up after himself (mostly). He helps out with some chores, but is truly hopeless with the laundry. And you do not want to have to eat anything he cooks. :crazy2: If it can't just be heated in the microwave it won't be eatable. Like I said, I love him anyway. He has many other redeeming qualities. I guess I'll keep him another 45 years.

And "cooking the whole week" is defiantly not a vacation. Imho "cooking" and "vacation" do not even belong in the same sentence. :eek: Its an oxymoron.

I take it there won't be a repeat of the cabin in Wisconsin anytime soon?

I didn't read the whole thread but I did read several pages and didn't see my favorite product….(I am guessing it was buried somewhere)….

I go to target in the sporting area where they sell fishing and camping equipment, target sell rain ponchos folded into a "deck of cards" size that easily fits in your "Park Bag". These ponchos sell for a $1.00. And yes we have used them! better than the $10 or $15 ones you see in the gift shops on main street!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter