What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

I will also be bringing the monkey backpack (leash for lack of better terms) for my 18 month old because he will want to walk around, but boy they are so fast. I don't care if I get strange looks for harnessing my child!

I totally agree with this, and I don't care if people judge me either! When my DS (now 5) was around that age, we had the monkey backpack and harness. I only had to use it twice, but both times it turned what would have been an extremely stressful outing into something that was fun for all of us. He was so little that he could zip around other people's legs while I was still trying to catch up, and with the harness he still felt like a "big boy" that could walk but I had peace of mind. Loved it (and ashamed to say, I actuall questioned myself for about two seconds whether I could get away with using it on him this trip - then did decide that was a bit of overkill! :lmao:)

Reactions: ffw
BOBBLES water bottles. they have their own filter, so you can use tap water in florida (unheard of before I found these). they work like a little brita pitcher. We have tested them on Jersey shore water and all the bad taste disappears. Now, we don't have to buy cases of water, though we will probably still bring our brita pitcher to keep some already cold water int he fridge. You can find them in JCPenney.

See all the more reason for me to put the tv remote in a ziplock bag after watching the youtube video of the guy putting it in his butt checks and trying to change the channel.
We always bring disposable cups after watching our local news team who put a hidden camera in a hotel room and it caught the maid using the same rag that she just used to clean the toilet, to clean the glasses in the room. YUCK

On a side note I carry a binder clips. great for closing a bag of snacks. pinning curtains shut. or clipping clothes to the clothes line to dry.

I NEVER use the kettles or cups provided in Hotel or Villa/Condo. I bring my own travel kettle and disposable cups. This is ever since I saw a reality show where some drunk holiday makers used the kettle to pee in!! and then they poured it in a cup !! Disgusting, it put me off for life! You just never know what's gone on in your room before you were there.... best not to think about it too much !

Oh, and I REALLY love the tip about bringing a needle and using Dental Floss instead of cotton! Genius idea!! That was somewhere about 18 pages ago !

You pack cream cheese in your luggage! Yuck must taste awful after being unfridgerated and in the hot luggage compartment of a plane.

A Toaster! Even though we are on the meal plan, we eat breakfast in the room. I hate to miss morning park hours because we are eating.

I buy a toaster from Wal-Mart ($7), and bring it down. We also bring down bagels, cream cheese, and english muffins for breakfast (we can get jelly at the resort). When it's time to leave, I have a toaster box to fill if we have have fragile items, and there is room in the luggage because the food/toaster/paper plates are gone.

:banana:

I take lysol spray and spray everything that my hand will touch, including the phone, remote, faucet in sink and tub, and handle on toilet, door knobs all doors actually just about everything in the room:)

BOBBLES water bottles. they have their own filter, so you can use tap water in florida (unheard of before I found these). they work like a little brita pitcher. We have tested them on Jersey shore water and all the bad taste disappears. Now, we don't have to buy cases of water, though we will probably still bring our brita pitcher to keep some already cold water int he fridge. You can find them in JCPenney.

thanks for the idea! i was toying with the idea of bringing a tiny brita pitcher but this is so much better! i got mine from bloomingdales since i had a gc with $19!

:banana:Thanks for the great idea for the Bobbles!! Will be getting 2 for our trip!! TY

A small or a tiny Baggallini-type purse for charging cards and sunglasses. Neither will stay in a pocket long. I take a few business cards because we always need to write down someone's name or give them ours.
Great idea to take the Crystal Lite; hydration becomes very important!

I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but - Body Glide.

I am a runner and use Body Glide for long runs, but, for those of you who don't know what Body Glide is, it is an anti-chafing stick that looks like a small thing of deodorant. You can get a small thing of it at most sporting goods stores in the running section for about $4.00. You put it on your feet, legs, and any areas that rub together or rub your clothing (don't want to get too graphic here) and it amazingly keeps blisters or chafing from happening.

It's been something I have been very thankful to have with me on recent trips!

I will also be bringing the monkey backpack (leash for lack of better terms) for my 18 month old because he will want to walk around, but boy they are so fast. I don't care if I get strange looks for harnessing my child!

Just a FYI, when I see a child with one of these on, my thought is GREAT PARENT! I think they are wonderful. So much easier on the child than holding their hand, and so much safer for them too.:thumbsup2

I totally agree with this, and I don't care if people judge me either! When my DS (now 5) was around that age, we had the monkey backpack and harness. I only had to use it twice, but both times it turned what would have been an extremely stressful outing into something that was fun for all of us. He was so little that he could zip around other people's legs while I was still trying to catch up, and with the harness he still felt like a "big boy" that could walk but I had peace of mind. Loved it (and ashamed to say, I actuall questioned myself for about two seconds whether I could get away with using it on him this trip - then did decide that was a bit of overkill! :lmao:)

We had the monkey backpack for my DS, when we went, when he was 2 1/2.... He'd much rather have the freedom of the "leash" than have to hold my hand or be strapped in the stroller. We have the best photo of him and Aladdin chatting about his pet monkey!
Hmmm.... it would be handy to have it this trip (he doesn't run away anymore, but does get easily distracted still) , but at 6 1/2 I think he'd refuse! :lmao:

I never used one of the "leashes" on my daughter however I think they are a great idea. If I saw a little kid in the park with one on I'd honestly not be phased by it. I think its smart and if it makes the kid happier because they are able to walk around and have a little bit of freedom then everyone is happy. Kid is happy cause they can walk around and parent is happy cause they don't have to fear of the kid darting off and getting lost.

I never used one of the "leashes" on my daughter however I think they are a great idea. If I saw a little kid in the park with one on I'd honestly not be phased by it. I think its smart and if it makes the kid happier because they are able to walk around and have a little bit of freedom then everyone is happy. Kid is happy cause they can walk around and parent is happy cause they don't have to fear of the kid darting off and getting lost.

I didn't use one for my daughter either, she never needed it. Because of that I will hang my head and admit that I was one of those thinking not-so-nice things about people having kids on leashes... :guilty:
My son was a whole different story!!!! Completely changed my mind, cause boy did I need it!!! And he LOVED the freedom! :worship:

remote - butt cheeks - what? For the rest of my life, remote goes in a baggie!

Toilet rag - wiping glasses - in the name of..... I am already a germ-o-phobe, this just added to it.

I'm glad to see most people bring clorox wipes, lysol etc., people usually make fun of me for my 'clean' habit, but I have found support in this thread!

We eat breakfast in our room, so packable snacks, including peanut butter (a spoonful will do ya!) are a must. I also MUST have Monster trail mix from Target for the airplane and room, it's a tradition! And lots of sugarfree gum!

People, protect your skin, sunscreen daily, year round, but especially at WDW where you are outside so much. I like the little sticks for my park bag to re-apply on the noses and cheeks.

I prefer slippers for the room (again a germ thing a bit) that can be washed when I get home.

We are a week away, can't wait! Thanks for all the tips!

Lately everywhere I go I've been carrying a good natural chapstick like product with spf. You can use it for so many things...using it in your part to protect your head from sun damage (ever try to put liquid sunscreen on just your part?:headache:), use it on the tops of your ears and on the tops of your cheeks where you get a lot of sun reflection. If you've got a spot in your shoe rubbing your foot it will tide you over with minimal pain until you can get a bandage on there. If someone has been sick/had a runny nose and under their nose is sore from all of the wiping it will help soothe the spot. In a pinch I've even used on my thighs for chafing:eek:

Granted you don't to put this chapstick back on your mouth after you've used it for any the above, so I buy a different brand for my lips so there is no confusion

I bring a wireless router so I can have the wireless in my room which is only hard lined right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter