What is YOUR favorite

kopppa33

Mouseketeer
TS place to eat at or meal? Everyone has different tastes and different likes and what one may LOVE the next may HATE, so this isn't for opinons on where to eat ect. Just curious to see what everyone's favroites are and what it is they like :goodvibes

I've been wondering the same thing. You see a lot of "we like ____" but not for what is ordered there (i.e sunshine seasons is really popular but I had a stir fry meal there a few years ago and I was less than impressed).

My dining experience is limited but personally I love the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ at AK, Dole whips from Capt Cooks at the Polynesian and Coral Reef used to have an amazing vanilla creme brulee but it's no longer on the menu :(
Also, one of the most underrated/overlooked desserts is the (no sugar added) apple stacker from Kona Cafe at the Poly. SO delicious!
no-sugar-added-apple-stacker2.jpg

This year I'm looking forward to trying either the anchors aweigh or lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor House (MK), fried wontons at Yak & Yeti, Ohana bread pudding, tonga toast, an ice cream cookie sandwich (I guess from Sleepy Hollow as MSB will be closed :( ), a PB cupcake from Starring Rolls, zebra domes from the Mara at ALK and possible a paw print brownie from the bakery at AK (although the sunshine seasons brownie looked decent and I heard theres a good one at starring rolls. Any suggestions?). Oh and possibly the pulled pork sandwich from Flame Tree, but I sure like those ribs...
I've also heard Earl of Sandwich and WPE in DTD are good but I'm not sure what is good at either. I'm looking for "must try's" so any help is appreciated! Or what is good at Sunshine Seasons. Hopefully we'll get some insight!

Oops... Just read that you said TS. I was actually talking about any sort of food lol. Sorry!

At WPE I think the salmon is excellent, also the half chicken with yummy mashies, Hubby loves the bacon wrapped meatloaf. Creme brulee cheesecake, Oh Yes!
Never had a sandwich at Earl that I din't like, I think if it has ingredients you would normally like, then you will love it! They are sooo good and you can't beat $5.95 for a sandwich at WDW!
Sunshine seasons has very yummy sandwiches, I enjoy the turkey with chipotle mayo (not too spicy). They also have a cheese and fruit platter in the grab and go section that I just LOVE. Lots of fun for a snack while waiting to ride Soarin' or people watching! Very fresh!
Another FAVORITE snack is the corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce, from Casey's Corner.
The Anchors away sandwich at CHH is very good! Didn't care much for the Lighthouse, the hummus was very garlicky, so some might really enjoy that..
We also really like the ribs at FTB, always a must do.
I could go on & on....

For TS, we always go for the deeeelicious Cobb salads and grapefruit cake at Brown Derby.
We also enjoy Sci-fi, because it is just fun and so Disney! We share a milkshake and a coke, a salad with dressing on the side (they tend to DRENCH it) and the turkey sandwich with fries. We are never disappointed with these simple choices.
Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast is a must each trip. I get the Eggs Benedict with asparagus and hash browns, Hubs gets the American. We both get cappuccinos. So good, the GF is gorgeous and the restaurant overlooks the beautiful courtyard.

Torn between Yachtsman Steakhouse ( I love the filet mingon there. yum!!) and Cape May dinner buffet ( I love everything there!!) :love:

Boma has shot to the top of our list. With way too many things that are all too good to be true, no way not be at the top.
Great topic, kopppa33! :goodvibes

My favorite TS are:

Sanaa - I love the Slow Cooked in Gravy and I choose the beef short ribs and green curry shrimp.
Delicious :goodvibes

California Grill - I LOVE the pork tenderlion with goat cheese polenta, plus I have to have the Valrhona Chocolate Cake . Usually they have different flavors of ice cream that comes with it, but I always have the vanilla...:rolleyes:

We love the fish and chips in England in Epcot, dipping our fries in the cheese sauce at Cosmic Rays and Casey's, the sides at 'Ohana, and the Grey Goose slush ( or two or three) at France.

Favorite TS meal: stuffed French toast at CRT

Had plenty of other good TS & looking for to trying some new ones in January, but this is The One that makes my mouth water!

Its propably Jiko

some other favorites include Boma, Kona, Teppan Edo, Yak & Yeti Restarunt Marrakesh and Sanaa

Is the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby worth going out of the way for?
I wish the Pooh puffed french toast was offered somewhere else too... hate to pay the buffet price when that's all I want to try. Oh well, someday!:rolleyes2

Is the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby worth going out of the way for?
I wish the Pooh puffed french toast was offered somewhere else too... hate to pay the buffet price when that's all I want to try. Oh well, someday!:rolleyes2

I think the grapefruit cake is really yummy. Light, not too sweet and just a little bit different, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way for it..

I'm a simple tastes kind of a person, so 50s prime time is my fav for TS. It's a casual, fun place to sit down for a little bit and have some of that pot roast that I LOVE.

We had some great meals our last trip but I would say Narcoossee's was our overall favorite. The calamari and crab cakes, steaks and lobster, the almond crusted cheesecake, everything was great!

California Grill for Signature Dining
Boma for regular table service/buffet
Akershus (breakfast) for character meal

I also loved Todd English's Bluezoo in the Dolphin. We weren't on the Dining Plan this last trip, so if the dining plan isn't a factor, I definitely recommend going there.

I've been meaning to try Les Chefs, but it hasn't worked out for random reasons. I've eaten at the Boulangerie in the past and also at the France F&W kiosk.

TS place to eat at or meal? Everyone has different tastes and different likes and what one may LOVE the next may HATE, so this isn't for opinons on where to eat ect. Just curious to see what everyone's favroites are and what it is they like :goodvibes

We always go to Chefs de France for lunch. Love the french onion soup, mac and cheese, and creme brulee.

Dh considers Crystal Palace breakfast a must-do. I tease that he just wants to see Pooh! :rotfl2: He loves the smoked salmon and puffed french toast there. I always make the ADR before park opening to get great pics of the castle!

The Dole Whip Float is a MUST also!

Ruben Sandwich at HS - Sci-fi :thumbsup2

Ruben Sandwich and Potato Soup at MK - The Plaza :thumbsup2

I agree with your DH! So yummy!
#1hoosierfan said:
Dh considers Crystal Palace breakfast a must-do. I tease that he just wants to see Pooh! :rotfl2: He loves the smoked salmon and puffed french toast there. I always make the ADR before park opening to get great pics of the castle!

My absolute fave dish is the bacon wrapped meatloaf at WGPE. Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

I love Coral Reef and Sci fi for the atmosphere...just amazing!

I love the food at Teppan Edo!

I love San Angel Inn for the memories.....my whole life growing up I dreamed of eating there....then my husband took me=) It was also our first "adults only" (kind of) meal at Disney (DD slept the whole meal):goodvibes

Great thread!!

rznhal said:
I love Coral Reef and Sci fi for the atmosphere...just amazing!

I love the food at Teppan Edo!

I love San Angel Inn for the memories.....my whole life growing up I dreamed of eating there....then my husband took me=) It was also our first "adults only" (kind of) meal at Disney (DD slept the whole meal):goodvibes

Great thread!!

I do like San Angel Inn its great atmosphere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter