• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite part about being DVC member?

I love DVC for all the reasons already listed, and as a longtime member ('93) with a large family, every time we drive into OKW it feels like "going home". So many sweet memories of the kids growing up and visiting OKW and Vero Beach. Now that they are grown our family just keeps growing. Now we can do Grand Villas here and there for a week at a time and get together as a family. I would never be able to afford paying for a week in a GV. But DVC has allowed me to do this. I've added on multiple times over the years and have zero regrets. LOVE my DVC!

My favorite part about being a DVC member is staying at the different resorts and making new memories each time I stay at a place I've never stayed before.

Taking my family members on trips. Two trips this year, taking 6 the first trip and 14 the second trip. Hoping to give honeymoons to my girl someday.

I love a lot of the things mentioned above. I am glad that I could sell it if I had too, and not lose my investment. More than that, I love that I can afford Disney trips in the best resorts on a grad student budget. I love all the memories with my daughter over the past few years. I also love taking friends and I can't wait to go to Aulani in a few years...

Staying at the best resorts on properties and not having to worry about how much it is going to cost.

Fake booking my trip on the WDW site for the dates/resort Im going to and comparing that cost to what I paid for my DVC. Always brings a smile to my face.

I do love it for most of the above reasons and being retired empty nesters with 6 grandchildren we have made some pretty awesome memories with them. We also love our adult only trips (F&W, F&G, early December). My only issue is the ever increasing dues! We paid almost $4,000 this year:(. We are starting to question if it is worth it to have so many points but then WE USE THEM UP every year! I need to discipline myself to try to rent some of them out to maybe defray cost???? But I love my trips - so --- catch 22?

1. Staying at the best locations at Disney and being able to walk to the parks..
2. Getting a 1 bedroom, with kitchen, w/d and king size bed. Saves us tons of money on food.
3. Being able to stay at GF or poly, or BW or BC or VB.. Or Hawaii. Or Disneyland.
4. Love not getting a bill for the room.
5 . Love knowing I could rent some of my points and go to disney for "free" every year
6 love knowing I could make $11,000 more than I Paid if I sold all my contacts today.
7. Love knowing I will be back.
8 love the dining discounts

Our family of four really enjoys traveling and we have been to a lot of places; driven cross country, up and down California, traveled Mexico by bus, and 7 cruises. But our FAVORITE vacations are our Disney World vacations. There's nothing better than hitting the parks until you're beat and then walking in to a 1 or 2 bedroom villa and finding it so completely relaxing, cool and quiet. Even better, it's stepping onto your balcony and seeing a giraffe and feeling like you're a world away. If someone asked me to give up my car or my DVC membership, I'd hand over the keys to my Volvo in a heartbeat!

My favorite part is staying at deluxe resorts instead of value or moderates. Before we DVC only stayed at one Disney deluxe hotel which wrecked our budget for a few years. Freedom, to do Disney the way we want too and for as many days a year as long as our points will last.

No room bill at the end of the trip.

Knowing we don't have to see everything every time, we will be back.

Variety of resorts, when I bought it was just OKW and BWV at WDW, never dreamed there would be so many more. Staying at Poly next month, will have hit them all except SSR. Also VGC (4 times).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter