What is Your Favorite Lesser Known Disney Movie

Great minds! Practically everyday is Halloween in my world! I have Sleepy Hollow on my Ipod and watch it at work at least several times a week. I have several others like Pecos Bill (which is not Halloweenie, but reminds me of the taco salad I always get during MNSSHP at Pecos Bill Cafe..so there ya go), the old Humphrey cartoons (again, not Halloweenie, but usually stay at WL...need I say more), and the old Donald cartoon Trick or Treat. I keep meaning to put Hocus Pocus on there but haven't gotten around to it. I also have Nightmare Before Christmas, but it's not an oldie (yet).

I got asked just the other day by three separate people if I get sick of watching those cartoons over and over again to which I replied, "nope, not at all!", but by the third time I did add, "but I am getting sick of being asked if I'm getting sick!".

I LOVED Sleepy Hollow and the Donald Trick or Treat cartoon. Can I buy these anywhere?

Also, does anybody know if Mr. Boogity is for sale? I can't find it. :confused3

The Ugly Dachshund! I found this movie when my neighbor was throwing out some old VHS tapes and I went through the bag to see if I found anything I liked. I loved this movie.

One of my favorite lesser known movies was Summer Magic. I think I just like those "good ole days" movies, like So Dear To My Heart.

I'm also a huge fan of Newsies, having just converted my sister.

Regarding the more "adult" disney movies, I LOVED The Black Hole. I watched that thing hundreds of times as a kid. Big disaster movie, in space, with awesome robots, and Ernest Borgnine for crying out loud! What's not to love? :love:

And lastly, while this is becoming more known with the sequel soon to be released, but I loved Tron when nobody knew what it was. But I was a huge tech geek in the 80s. ;)

My favorite would be Cool Runnings. Might not be that lesser known but its not the first movie you think of when you think about Disney Movies.

"Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS! "

I LOVED Sleepy Hollow and the Donald Trick or Treat cartoon. Can I buy these anywhere?

Also, does anybody know if Mr. Boogity is for sale? I can't find it. :confused3

Sleepy Hollow is available on DVD in many different formats as Ichabod and Mr. Toad (seems like Disney releases a new version every couple of years). The last Donald Trick or Treat I remember was on the House of Mouse Villains DVD.

I had read somewhere that Trick or Treat was on the 25th anniversary DVD of The Black Cauldron. If it's not, it was on the original DVD release from the early 2000s, because I just watched it 2 nights ago :)

Top 10 in no particular order of preference.

1. Blade Runner
2. Fight Club
3. Cassablanca
4. Ice Cold in Alex
5. LoTR: all 3 films
6. Donnie Darko
7. The Life of Brian
8. The Matrix (first one)
9. The 39 Steps (black and white version)
10. Alien/Aliens/Alien III/Alien Resurrection

Lesser known, or not-so-popular, Disney movies that I love:

1) Pete's Dragon - I can quote every line of this movie. LOVE it - and I always get a little choked up when Nora sees Paul at the end.

2) Meet the Robinson's - this movie was so good, and my whole family loved it. I don't know why it wasn't liked by the critics, because it is a favorite at our house.

3) Emperor's New Groove - soooo funny.

4) Something Wicked This Way Comes - scared me to death when I was a little kid, and then I watched it over and over again anyway.

5)Flight of the Navigator - another movie that I watched over and over

Darby O Gill and the Little people, love Sean Connery singing Ha

Oh she is my dear my darlin one....

Pollyanna definitely! and i LOVE the remake of the parent trap with Lindsay Lohan

Not sure how well it qualifies under the category of "lesser-known," but I'm something of an evangelist for The Emperor's New Groove. I don't think the company knew how to market the movie, but it might be the funniest Disney animated feature ever made. I've never shown it to anyone who didn't love it afterward, nor have any of them ever failed to scratch their heads and wonder how it slipped past them in theaters and why it wasn't a bigger hit.

We love it, too. Why do we even have that lever?

Can anyoine find Song of the South on DVD?

I could be wrong, but I thought I read recently that Disney has no plans of ever bringing this movie out due to stereotyping. Since I never saw the movie, I guess I don't know what I'm missing. :confused3

I'm with you 626! We named our dog "Pacha" from this movie. I also love "Meet the Robinson's". I really not sure why these movies were not more popular. They were each witty and smart and worked at both the adult and kid level.

This is another one we love. Just don't understand why it didn't do better. I always find a big smile on my face when it's over.

Me too! Woot Alan Menken! And, get this, I WENT to Santa Fe last year, because my fiancee had work there. It was sweet. We listened to the song as we drove into town. I was totally dorking out. It was awesome. :goodvibes

-Tower of Terror movie.
-The Emperor's New Groove.
-Pete's Dragon.
-The Rescuers Down Under.

I was just watching Pete's Dragon a few days ago and I was surprised at how good the animation was! The songs are great too! Very catchy! "Oh, Petey! Oh, Petey!...you're like a son to us!" :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter