What is your favorite counter service at WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by nikkers, Nov 10, 2008.

1. nikkers

nikkers Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! Please help me pick some great counter service places for our trip. It will be me, DH, DS (5), DD (2 1/2). What is your favorite counter service place at WDW? Where is it located? And what is your favorite thing to get there?
    Thanks for your help! :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. karapp75

karapp75 Mouseketeer

Pecos Bill in frontier land. We love the fixings bar. The other place my kids loved was pinocchio village house in fantasyland. There are 3 tables that overlook It's a small World and they loved waving to the people in the boats.

4. mbakun

mbakun Mouseketeer

You would never know it, but Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney is counter service on the DDP. You can get lasagna, pot roast, chicken, fancy desserts, etc. You order at the counter and they bring your food to you. It is great, and if you are on the dining plan it only counts as a counter service. Good Luck!

5. tortoni

tortoni DIS Veteran

Sunshine Seasons in the Land is a great place, lots of variety and the food is good. Desserts are also yummy.

6. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

either Columbia Harbour House in the MK (get the fish and chicken combo) or the POP foodcourt (get the penne pasta with parmesan crusted chicken and alfredo sauce). Yum! Hard to pick between the 2 but at POP I can get a sundae for dessert and CHH's desserts aren't so great

7. twinklebug

twinklebug 1200+ miles away from home.

:thumbsup2

I feel like Sunshine Seasons offers the most variety, best service and cleanest environment of all the in-park CS places I've been to in WDW. Great place to chill and wait to meet up with family too as you have two rides, a show and ... not sure if it's still there... the toll house cookie kitchen for the kids.

8. EpcotSweetHrts0512

EpcotSweetHrts0512 Mouseketeer

Sunshine Seasons wins for us hands down! I also get the rotisserie chicken with some yummy sides! :thumbsup2

9. MinnieVanMom

MinnieVanMom DIS Veteran

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons for the variety and fresh veggies.

10. ClarabelleCowFan

ClarabelleCowFan <font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c

Pepper Market at the Coronado Springs. Where else can you get a ribeye steak for a CS credit? :thumbsup2 We go several times during our trip. Great variety for everyone!

11. Clotho

Clotho Doting on Disney

Another vote for Sunshine Seasons for variety and freshness. A close second is Columbia Harbor House, which while having less variety, has great quality and love the location and lots of space to sit down in some quiet (upstairs)!

12. Shmily1

Shmily1 DIS Veteran

Since you have younger children, I would suggest Cosmic Ray's at MK. There are a lot of different foods there and the "show" is pretty good to the little ones.

13. catho72

catho72 DIS Veteran

In a park, our favorite CS is Pinnochio Village Haus because it overlooks IASW. At a resort, we really like the food court at Port Orleans Riverside. There are many options to choose. At DTD, we loved Earl of Sandwich. All three places are reviewed here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1968637

14. DonaldTDuck

DonaldTDuck DIS Veteran

Flame Tree Barbecue at Animal Kingdom is my favorite. The ribs are as good as any TS has. And the Safari Ale makes the heat of the park melt away.

15. blanq

blanq DIS Veteran

WGP Express in DTD is our families favorite CS location because the menu is so varied and not your typical fast food fare. The pizzas here are really good, as are the salads! The chicken with garlic mashed potatoes is also quite good. DS loves the quesadilla.

16. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

my favorite counter service is the one i'm closest to when i get hungry!

that being said... we've enjoyed some good meals (b'fast and lunch) at the main street bakery... my kids would say casey's... sunshine seasons is awesome w/amazing variety... we like the foodcourts at the value resorts...

17. Laugh O. Grams

Laugh O. Grams <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Ditto...

18. Ctsplaysinrain

Ctsplaysinrain DIS Veteran

I don't know if I have a favorite but we HATE Cosmic Ray's... By the time, you get in all the different lines and sections to get the food- someone's is cold and it just takes so long.. This summer, we had to wait in one line to get adult chicken strips but a totally different one to get kids nuggets and maybe even a third one to get a burger... All I know that I was totally frazzled by then- really hard to do with just ONE adult and 2 children.

19. nikkers

nikkers Mouseketeer

I love all of the suggestions. :thumbsup2 Thanks everyone. I have started a list. I am hoping to avoid chicken strips, hot dogs and french fries. We have some character meal's scheduled. And I know that is what they will pick. At least my DS (5). He is so picky. :confused:

20. nikkers

nikkers Mouseketeer

Bumping. Hoping to get some more suggestions. Thanks! :banana:

21. dancin Disney style

dancin Disney style <font color=blue>I found one to share with some fa

Our must do is Earl of Sandwich at DTD. We go at least twice every trip. My fav is the 'American' it has turkey, cheddar, mayo and cranberries. The tomato soup is also really good. We have found this to be, possibly, the last place you can still share a meal.

We also liked Pizzafari at AK. The ceasar salad and bread sticks was really fresh and tasty.