What is your fav. point and shot camera??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by pisc0011, Mar 23, 2013.

1. pisc0011

pisc0011 Earning My Ears

I am looking for what seems like everyone wants in a camera.
    1. Compact
    2. Good Price
    3. Fast at taking pics (I have a toddler)
    4. Good picture quality

I am just beyond frustrated with options right now. Can anyone give their opinion here?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marlynnp

marlynnp No take backs, bowing out or other weenie manuever

I've been using Sony Cybershots for years (have upgraded several times) and I've always been very happy.

4. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

I just bought a Panasonic. All of my previous cameras were Canons and the Panasonic is much faster. I also love that I'd has a 16x zoom. It's not as small as some cameras out there, but I don't like ultra compact cameras anyway. I feel like my fingers get in the way.

5. Pooh2

Pooh2 Dis Veteran

I have a panasonic lumix lx5 for when I do not want to lug around my dslr.

6. Teresa Pitman

Teresa Pitman Disney Grandma

I have a Nikon Coolpix L120. It cost me under $200 on sale and has been a great camera for me. It has 14.1 megapixels and a 21x zoom. (That zoom function has enabled me to get some amazing photos on Disney vacations!) It has a "smart portrait" setting that snaps a photo when the person smiles, and a sports setting that takes multiple photos in a row (like five per second or something - I don't really know the number). It can also do video.

TP

7. BWV Dreamin

BWV Dreamin DIS Veteran

I love the Canon Elf. It is very light wieght and the pictures are great.

8. kim929

kim929 DIS Veteran

I have the Canon powershot sx130is I love it. it takes great pictures and easy to use

9. njsweetP

njsweetP DIS Veteran

10. motherof2boys

motherof2boys Mouseketeer

I've had an Olympus Stylus 1010 for a few years and love it! I took over 200 pictures in 4 days at Disney never stopping! Hubby had no idea I took that many b/c I was walking the whole time.

I also have a Nikon Coolpix AW100 that I got for Christmas. It can be used underwater & in extreme weather conditions. I haven't used it underwater (but used the same one at Discovery Cove in Aug) but it took great pictures of my Boys snowboarding last week!

11. donac

donac <font color=black>BL6 Black Team Captain<br><font

I agree with the Panasonic. Mine has a 16 times zoom and I love it.

12. polkadotrocks

polkadotrocks Fairy Godmother

My husband and I love our Olympus.

http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/dig...ci=productsnav_view-all-cameras-h2&icn=topnav

We have 2 and only got a second one so my husband could use it SCUBA diving. It is perfect around kids. Have had it in the hands of kids ages (1-11) and I am sure all have droped it at least once, twice. And that is the beauty of this camera. They now have them in all price ranges. And since they are waterproof you do not have to worry about it falling in the pool, or being dragged in the ocean. Both of these pictures were taken with an olympus.

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums...uise12-7to17-2012127_zps5e97eeab.jpg:original

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums...ons/HawaiiApril20121_zpsf8679ef3.jpg:original

13. BlueBeagle

BlueBeagle Earning My Ears

I love the Olympus Tough series. They take great photos, it's very user friendly, you can drop them (which I have any times - oops) and they can get wet (some over 30 feet underwater). They also have great 'dummy' settings - fireworks, snow/beach, nighttime and so on. I love taking pictures at Disney in the rain and taking pics of the kids in the pools. Plus, the kids can take pictures and I don't have to worry about the camera's safety! You can find some great deals at Amazon.

14. FINFAN

FINFAN Mom to Tinkbell

add us to the Panasonic fan list. We have had them for years, my current model is the DMC-ZS8 (16x zoom like p poster mentioned) I am a zoom fan, and also rechargable battery fan. It may not be the most compact camera out there, but it is certainly small and lightweight and the Leica lens is awesome. Videos are great as well.You can get it for $200 @ Amazon, and I think target has it for the same if not less.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMC-ZS8-Digital-Stabilized-3-0-Inch/dp/B004KKZ0HE

15. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

My Olympus tough little orange camera....waterproof,shockproof, so great to carry everywhere!:thumbsup2 I used to run thru cameras at least one per year, till I got this one...going on 3 years and still not broken! Plus I can take it in the pool,to the beach....I LOVE IT! And the pics quality is pretty good also,nice lens,etc.

16. lucigo

lucigo DIS Veteran

17. FergieTCat

FergieTCat <font color=green>No, I'm serious. And don't call

I like both Canon Powershots and Sony Cybershots. I've been leaning more towards Sony lately.

18. livsmom04

livsmom04 DIS Veteran

I have several that I use. I have an Olympus Stylus 850SW that is a waterproof camera. I've had it for almost 5 years now and love it! It's my camera that I use when I go on water rides, go to the beach and go in the pool. Very small to carry with you. Fits in my back pocket.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Stylus-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B0011EAA0O

I also have a Canon one that is really my husbands and he loves his. I steal it every now and then. And then I have a Canon Powershot SX160 IS. Just got that for my birthday and love it! I will be taking this one to the world with us when we go since I don't want to lug my DSLR around this trip!:yay:

19. Tarheel girl 1975

Tarheel girl 1975 Supposed Former Fastpass Hoarder

This is the same camera I have. I bought mine about a month ago at Best Buy. They had them on clearance.

20. tinkmom2

tinkmom2 DIS Veteran

My favorite was my Kodak Easyshare which recently had it's demise. It took really clear and crisp pictures. I have a Fuji Finepix underwater camera I use all the time for my food blog. It doesn't always focus right away which can be frustrating. But it's good for the kitchen where I am constantly spilling food on it. I did take it to Disney with us and you can see how the Fuji takes pictures there.

21. nictodisney

nictodisney Mouseketeer

I should have researched her first. Just bought a Coolpix today and was very disappointed. Any one have model numbers of the cameras they have?
    Thanks