Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by Stacy's a freak, Mar 24, 2008.
Just fill it up with Beverly. You won't need a drink for the rest of the day.
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
Need or want???
This is a fun thread.
Not sure if these are "shameful" or not..
I hate Splash Mountain (love the theme just hate that drop)
I am completely neglecting household chores to plan this trip.
I've never been to the tiki room.
I tear up in the Hall of Presidents.
I saw Fantasmic and didn't think it was all that amazing (I had so-so seats though, so I'll try it again).
I LOVE Stitch and actually detoured from my bee-line to Toy Story Mania at rope drop to hug him and take pictures.
Two months away from my trip I have already decided that I will get a FastPass for Toy Story Mania, then ride it, and then return with my FP time (because I have to have a "practice round" before I get my real score)
I've never had a Dole Whip
I don't care one bit about eating at Le Cellier or anywhere fancy
I LOVE It's a Small World. I use it to teach children at school about diversity and friendship. I am obsessed with it. When I have a child, I fully intend on themeing a nursery in IASW decor.
I guess that's enough!!
DH and I are expecting August 1st. Little One is getting an IASW nursery... Originally we had planned Peter Pan, but we scrapped it for this theme. It's adorable and challenging because there are no cookie-cutter packages available. I studied theatrical design, so it's been a blast working on it!
ooh how cute! we want pictures!!
Oooh...I have a couple of confessions....
1) I have never seen Bambi, Robin Hood or Sleeping Beauty
2) I have no desire to see the Hall of Presidents or the Carousel of Progress.
3) I also would be okay skipping all of the firework shows because I absolutely hate the noise but I will go because DH enjoys them.
4) DH and I have Disney sing-alongs on long car rides.
5) I don't really care for the "traditional" characters like Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, etc. Give me Stitch, Dug and Giselle any day.
I will update with a pic as soon as we get everything up
YAY!!!! I so love IASW, and hope to plan a room around the theme as well!
I have read this entire thread, and nobody has mentioned this one, so I must be *really* weird, but...
I um, hoard the WDW shopping bags from each trip. After I bring my souvenirs home, I store the plastic bags away in the bedroom closet. I just can't make myself throw them away.
I'm very excited to see it! Good luck!!
Haha.... That's funny! I save "nice" shopping bags too though.
DW uses our shopping bags, to give family members "Meals on Wheels" deliveries.
That's a lovely idea! I just sort of look at mine and reminisce with some horror on how much money I spent.
Another shameful secret: I cried and screamed in terror on Honey I Shrunk The Audience during the bit where the white mice multiply and "escape" into the theater, so much so that I won't do It's Tough To Be A Bug.
Okay, here I go...
1) I carry a bagailini in the parks because so many people rave about them and now I agree it's the best bag in the world. No one knows it's a bagalini because it's super masculine and it's army green so it really is my dirty little secret (until now).
2) When I find a scrapper pin in the course of trading, I give it to a crying child because I don't have to cringe when I throw it away, but it makes the child stop crying and my ears feel better. (And it's not like they don't know what a scrapper is...)
3) I use every snack credit on the deluxe dining plan for the pre-made carrot cakes they serve at many of the quick service restaurants and dole whip floats cuz they're both so friggin' good! Once in the past 4 years I got a pretzel...(and somehow I never gain any weight - must be all the walking)
4) Each trip I'm guilty of taking 3 of the mickey stickers that CM's give kids and making a hidden mickey on the back of the shirt of some grown-up grump in front of me in line. I keep "accidentally" bumping into them until all 3 adhere. In my imagination they get back to their room and can't help but actually smile
5) In addition to eating 2 junk food snacks a day and dessert with every lunch and dinner, I also eat 2-3 Ice Cream Cookie sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow in the MK every trip. Those are the best!!!!!
6) Whenever someone new goes with me on a trip to WDW, I always take them to SGE and then scare them into thinking the whole ride is going to spin really fast and go upside down (hence the harnesses)....
7) I always see the streetmosphere character's last show of the day at HS when they play the "99" game and I purposely try to get chosen to offer up one of the suggested things used in the game. Because prior to my trip I purposely go through the dictionary trying to find the craziest thing I can mention to see everyone struggle to make it work... One time I offered up "bedazzler"
I'm sure there are other silly things I do that I'm may or may not be proud of, but these are just some.
I totally want to go to Disney with you
THANK GOODNESS, I'm not the only one!!! *phew*
I was just thinking the same thing!!!!
Kayla I agree it is lame Foxie that was funny did you make the return trip. I love Everest but since I have high blood pressure and the medication screws me up I even have a hard time walking backwards. The only way I make it through Everest is when we go backward I close my eyes and scream like a little girl. My son's laugh their butts off at me. When I get off the ride I stagger atom like a drunk. I love that ride.
The more the merrier! Heck, I get bored in line just like everyone else, so I just try to find ways to make it fun that (in most cases) don't negatively impact the people around me. The one thing I can't handle: adults being grumpy in line - especially when that adult is accompanied by an otherwise really happy family. Many of the meltdowns I see are the adults - usually the children are just feeding off them. Sometimes I wish I could pull a Cher in Moonstruck and help grumpy "snap outta it!" (if only that was a slap instead of a wave)... Instead, grumpy makes dopey want to come out and play. BWAHAHAHAH!
Before this last trip, I had a 4 year break between trips. I thought I could handle another break after this one. . . I CAN'T.
I also save my disney bags. I save hygiene products. I saved the shotglass from my yeager in Germany. My sister accidentally saved a disney towel.
I did not get the dole whip and rum float from Epcot when I went, even though it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. I MUST go back!
Separate names with a comma.