Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by Stacy's a freak, Mar 24, 2008.
Yes we have! My husband and I got married in Disney and are anxiously awaiting the GF DVC!
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
My last trip I made the mistake of wearing BAD shoes. Started getting blisters around the 5 hour mark and tried to soldier through it. By the end of the night I was limping along at a snail pace! The huge blisters lasted for about a week after my trip. Needless to say I will be packing my top of the line Skechers this trip!
I look on the Chamilia web site and the Disneystore web site for the special parks beads...then watch for a great price on the beads I want from Ebay. I like the retired ones. I just paid an embarassing amount for one on ebay that is a disney cruise ship with a Mickey head on the side. Now I MUST go on a Disney cruise so I am not a hypocrite wearing a Disney Cruise ship bead never having been on a Disney crusie ship. ::grin::
From the h20 web site. H2oplus.com. The AKL has the Aquatics scent.
New shameful secret . . .
I am embarassed by how afraid I am of doing anything solo on my trip! I leave very soon (yay) for my trip with my family. For me, vacation isn't vacation without a few trips to the bar. This time however, I will have no drinking buddy. For some reason, the idea of sitting alone at a bar scares the crap out of me, but I know I will want to. I think I am going to force myself to sit down at a bar. I know once I do I will realize it isn't so hard and that I am being a big baby about this. You solo travelers are inspiring!!
When wandering solo, I've found World Showcase is great for grabbing a drink. Snag a margarita to-go from La Cava, or some other drinks from the pavillions and then you can walk the Showcase while catching outdoor entertainment, or grab a seat outside and just relax and people watch.
As far as sitting at the bar, my favorites for solo are the Tune-In Lounge in HS, and Raglan Road's outside bar, the Hole in The Wall in DTD.
When are you going? Post your dates maybe there are others going same time as you!!
Thanks, I know I am just building it up in my head, lol.
World Showcase is my favorite place to drink, I think I could handle taking a leisurely, intoxicated stroll there!
I'm pretty sure I had a pop rock martini at Raglan Road, I would definitely go back there!
We will be checking in on at AKA on 4/7 and leaving on 4/15. I am so excited, it's been 4 years!!!
Whenever I go to a store that sells clothes. (Ex. Target) I always choose or make outfits that remind me of Disney Characters. My little sisters are embarrassed of me because I'll just exclaim loudly over a cute dress and say "OH! That is Minnie! Don't you think I look like Minnie Mouse in this?"
For my trip at the end of April, I've planned my outfits according to my favorite characters.
I did get embarrassed when I went thrift shopping with my mom and I spotted an old 101 Dalmatians lunchbox. I told my mom I wanted to buy it and use it for work. My mom just burst out laughing and thought I was being childish. I still want that lunchbox.
That's awesome... I say, get the lunchbox! !!
It was only 6 dollars too. I bet it's still there, I just need to go get it before someone else does. Who cares if my coworkers think I look silly?
Nothing weird about a Disney lunchbox at a hardware store. Lol.
Ha! I'm the waitress who wears her Hogwarts robes on Halloween at work. A lunchbox is nothin'.
I've been to the Disneyland resort hundreds of times, still about once a week...but never to WDW or Florida for that matter...
...until May 5th, 2013.
Oh boy I'm ready to take part in this thread! Haha
1) Every time I see the castle for the first time, a bug flies in my eye and causes my eye to water. Same thing happens during Wishes. Dang Florida insects .
2) Never had a "Disney" turkey leg or a dole whip, but I do like turkey legs in general. And I will try a dole whip in may!
3) No trip is complete without COP. I know all the words to the song. I play it all the time in my truck and I am not ashamed! Haha
4) I'm terrified of Space Mountain. I scream and hold my head the entire time. However, I must ride it at least twice. Strange, yes.
5) If BF refers to Disney as "just a theme park" again I may just toss him into the lake at Epcot. Hopefully he will "get it" when he goes for the first time in May.
6) I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat, or Stitch's Great Escape. And I'm ok with that.
7) Every time I ride Haunted Mansion, I'm so temped to wiggle out of the restraint and walk around. Yes also strange. But I'd like to add that I will NEVER EVER do that because I wouldn't wanna ruin the ride for anyone else or face possible ejection.
8) I have every intention of attempting to drink around the world in May.
9) as a Chevy fan, I'm secretly thrilled that Chevy alone now sponsors TT instead of GM as a whole. But I'm a little sad the old TT as we know is gone.
In all our times to Studios, I've never made it to Beauty and the Beast
I haven't been to Epcot in the last two trips because it wasn't much fun for my little ones. Gonna try it in June again though because my oldest really wants to see it again.
They used to be on DCL too, are they still?
Those darn bugs get me every time too.
At Epcot, my sister and I will each get a cup of ice, go over to the Cool Station, and get 5 or 6 little cups each (my sis likes the watermelon flavored one and I usually get the lemonade flavored one) and dump them into the bigger cup.
Yes, we're cheap. I know.
Separate names with a comma.