What is your Disney shameful secret?

- Went to Disneyland for Grad Nite and cried watching the fireworks.
- I live in hawaii and still have not even seen Aulani
- I could play hide & seek on tom sawyer island for days
- I hated "Brave"

I guess it's about time to make my Disney cofession-I very much dislike WDW at Christmastime. The "bush music" is all Christmas carols, where's my Disney music? It just seems that the place is all about Christmas then, not about Disney. I know, I know, DH tells me I'm being a Scrooge, but after 3 December trips, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a "Disney at Christmastime" lover. I'd even rather go in the (gasp!) summertime.

Simba's Mom said:
I guess it's about time to make my Disney cofession-I very much dislike WDW at Christmastime. The "bush music" is all Christmas carols, where's my Disney music? It just seems that the place is all about Christmas then, not about Disney. I know, I know, DH tells me I'm being a Scrooge, but after 3 December trips, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a "Disney at Christmastime" lover. I'd even rather go in the (gasp!) summertime.

Agreed! I've also been several times at Christmas time and I'm so over it. After hearing the same carolers sing the same songs for 4 years out of 6, yeah. Done. Now Flower and Garden ... Give me some of that! I need to work on that :)

I buy the H2O lotion and put it on every day because the smell reminds me of Animal Kingdom Lodge. ...and yes, the entire family makes fun of me for it. Every day. I don't care. I just love the smell of *home*.

I have two full Chamilia bracelets. They both have only Disney beads. I wear them every day, but I am reluctant to show people when they ask, because I am 45 and wear Mickey bracelets. "they are so pretty!". Then,.."ohhh. Mickey Mouse?".

HeyLynners said:
I buy the H2O lotion and put it on every day because the smell reminds me of Animal Kingdom Lodge. ...and yes, the entire family makes fun of me for it. Every day. I don't care. I just love the smell of *home*.

I have two full Chamilia bracelets. They both have only Disney beads. I wear them every day, but I am reluctant to show people when they ask, because I am 45 and wear Mickey bracelets. "they are so pretty!". Then,.."ohhh. Mickey Mouse?".

I'm with ya on the lotion. Only I haven't bought any yet. Just....souvenirs;)

So glad I found this thread! Here goes nothin.... (I can't tell you how many times I've been to WDW, close to 40 times I think and 1 DL trip, 29 years old)

-Never ate a turkey leg. Watching people eat them in the parks grosses me out.
-I haven't watched Fantasmic in close to 10 years....I say replace it with WoC!
-I will watch the fireworks and parades online or listen to the soundtracks and tear up every time...and I'm not a crier. I come from a family of Disney fanatics and even my mom and sister make fun of me. Let alone being in a park...it all comes out I can't help it.
-my last morning on property I need to go to Captain Cooks and get tonga toast and a dole whip for breakfast. I NEED IT!!!!

- I feel the inner child come out when I walk through the park gates.

- No trip to WDW for me is complete until I go on the Carousel of Progress (though I do miss Rex Allen's voice), see Big Al at the Country Bear Jamboree (the rest is dull), and take the Great Movie Ride.

- I love the corny jokes on The Jungle Cruise

- I've been singing "A Pirates Life for Me" on the Pirates of the Caribbean since I went on the ride in DL as a youngster.

- I hate Rock'N' Roller Coaster, which I find too loud.

- Forget Dole Whip, give me a Mickey Bar.

- I like seeing where the CM are from, and striking up a conversation if I've been there (and I've been to or lived in a lot of places).

- The day I returned from my first trip (I was 22)... I told myself "I don't get it. I can wait to go every 3 years or so" FAIL. booked another trip within 3 months!

- I cannot stand Tinker Bell

- I've never been able to sit through Alice In Wonderland

- Dinosaur scares me

- I don't cry at Wishes, or with the first view of the castle. I'm disappointed, I honestly thought I would.

- I don't see the appeal of staying at a moderate resort. I resort hopped a bit on my last trip and they're too big. Inconvenient. Not for me.

My best secrets:
I don't care for dole whips and yes I like ice cream.
I haven't made it to Tom's island yet with the kids.
I have not seen the hall of president's (but planning to in may)
I have converted my husband into a Disney fan (now DVC members)
I do not like Main street electrical parade bring me back Spectro!
I haven't watched a full illuminations......
I always claim, I will try new food places, but always return to some place else
I can't stand the bus service, but so like DME
I love SSR and don't understand why other's don't
And yes I do not like BLT

Ok that is way too many secrets!

- The day I returned from my first trip (I was 22)... I told myself "I don't get it. I can wait to go every 3 years or so" FAIL. booked another trip within 3 months!

This reminds me of another Disney secret. When we went to WDW the first time, 25 years ago, I remember at the end of the trip, in the Orlando airport, as everyone else talked about how they'd love to stay and live at WDW, I was thinking "OK, "been there-done that. Now I can check that off as something I've done". Then a few months later, I was describing my trip for someone else who wanted to go (otherwise I didn't even talk about it-it was just OK) and I realized that "Hey, I think I might like to go there again-just one more time". Kept liking it a little more, kept going back-now I'll admit to being a Disney nut!

This is such a great thread!

1. The Dinosaur ride at AK made me cry. My husband still, to this day, thinks those tears were from laughing, but it freaked me out to the bone. (My 23 yr. old daughter was crying too so I felt better about it)

2. I spend way too much time observing the totally inappropriate shoes women wear. High heels to Disney world???

3. I hate It's a Small World. Hate. It. (Oh, Lord...now I"m singing the song in my head...)

4. Never had a Dole Whip.

5. I want to spend the night in the Swiss Family Robinson Tree.

6. I have always thought the parades were stupid, till we caught the beginning coming through the opening gates by the restrooms. It was fun watching in that hidden corner away from the crowds.

@I cried the first time I went to Disney
@I am obsessed with Winnie the Pooh and have him tattooed on my right leg floating in the air on a balloon
@I read the Disney Boards Every Day
@This year will be my first time staying on site
@I think It's a Small World is corny but ride it any way
@I don't get embarrassed at Disney and feel younger and carefree

I've never been inside innoventions. Which also means I've never done the coke flavors, including the Beverly. To me, there's only one flavor - diet coke.

On my last trip, I never made it to rope drop and I loved it!

I absolutely despise packing, even for a disney trip. I am currently experiencing a mild case of packing anxiety. Just thinking about packing for anything makes me nervous and then I procrastinate until the last minute.

On my last trip, I never made it to rope drop and I loved it!

I absolutely despise packing, even for a disney trip. I am currently experiencing a mild case of packing anxiety. Just thinking about packing for anything makes me nervous and then I procrastinate until the last minute.

I totally over pack.. I'll take a suitcase the size of Cleveland for a 3 day stay somewhere.. My May trip will be 7 days/6 nights and I'll probably have two steamer trunks, a huge suitcase, and 2 carry-ons.. and I go solo! :lmao:

- I bought a bunch of pins for myself...then gave them to the kids.
- Mary Poppins is my favorite movie...by a long shot (sorry, 007!)
- I still can't name all of the dwarves without using Comet and Cupid for 2 of them.
- I spent way too much time checking out the Biergarten girls.
- And Pocahontas.

:rotfl2:
I totally over pack.. I'll take a suitcase the size of Cleveland for a 3 day stay somewhere.. My May trip will be 7 days/6 nights and I'll probably have two steamer trunks, a huge suitcase, and 2 carry-ons.. and I go solo! :lmao:

Me too! I like having options so I usually pack about twice the amount of clothes/shoes I actually need, and then forget something important.:rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter