What is your Disney shameful secret?

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by Stacy's a freak, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Alyssa88

Alyssa88 <font color=green>I love it! Bad football team, go

I love Soarin but I find Test Track to be excruciatingly boring, 65 mph is supposed to be fast?? My best friend loves it so I ride it for her, but I think it is a terrible waste of time.

I am really excited to go to Universal in April since I haven't been since 1997. I actually wish I could spend more time there :eek:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Caseheidi

Caseheidi DIS Veteran

Loving this thread! so fun! :cool1: Still reading (on pg 29) but had to add some of mine.

Before I tell my Disney Secrets, I have a proposal. :offtopic: For all those people who want and 18 and over time at Disney, I think you need to petition Disney for an extra ticketed event. You know, like the MNSSHP or MVMCP, but for 18 and over. Maybe even have them at Epcot during F&W. Wouldn't that be great?

Anyway, my shameful secrets that I can think of so far are:

1. I think Daisy Duck is selfish and annoying and bossy. I admit that I have been watching entirely too much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse over the past three years, but she is just not a good role model for my little girl. :confused:

2. Last time I visited DLR, I couldn't help but miss WDW. I love DLR, it is my home resort as I live on the West Coast and had my first 3 Disney experiences there, but when I was there enjoying DL and DCA, I kept wanting to visit Epcot and DTD (so much better at WDW). I also really missed it being closed off to the rest of the world. At DLR you quickly run into the real world on Harbor Blvd, but WDW has all that green land, and you can forget everything else. I had a great time at DLR, and find many of the original attractions better there then at MK, but WDW just has so much to offer, and I just love it so much more. My extended family would never understand! :blush:

3. I don't understand it when people like either DL or MK but hate the other.:worried: Yes they are different, but they are so much the same. They are both so full of magic and dreams, how can they not make you happy! As for that, how can anyone hate any of the parks? :rolleyes2 They are all wonderful and magical in their own way. I admit that there is something not quite right at DHS for me, but I love many, many of the attractions and restaurants. There is just something good to be found at all the parks, and they all make me want to return!

4. DH and I use Disney trips as a way to escape and recup. after bad experiences in our lives. Most of our family and friends just think we are Disney nuts, which we are ::yes:: but some of our trips are really helping us get over some very painful situations. It is our version of Therapy!

4. Mindy5767

Mindy5767 Loving My DVC Membership

More for me!

5. Mindy5767

Mindy5767 Loving My DVC Membership

65 seems fast on Test Track because youre in an open car. I think its fun but the newest version is not as much fun.

6. jadepansy459

jadepansy459 Earning My Ears

I haven't been to WDW, booked to go in October.. I watch the wishes video on YouTube every week and cry EVERYTIME. Sad. It's the music, so magical!

7. Males1011

Males1011 Earning My Ears

-I had my first Dole Whip with my DGF on our trip last year. (Boy had I been missing out..)

-I still haven't seen Illuminations. Meh. (Which is weird, seeing how Epcot is my favorite park in the World)

-I'm stupid-bashful to have my picture taken with any of the characters.

-As much as I love the smell of the turkey legs, I had one once, and threw at least half of it away. Nasty.

-We missed Soarin' on our last trip, and by the time we got home, we actually felpt GUILTY about missing it! (We had lunch at Sunshine Seasons, and forgot about going back afterwards xD)

8. lindsay314

lindsay314 Earning My Ears

I'm new to the DIS, so it's fun to see that someone dug up this old thread! My "shameful secrets":
    --I can't watch Wishes without crying.
    --I'm almost 26 and desperately want to have a super-early breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table.
    --Meeting Ariel for the first time was one of the highlights of my trip this past Halloween.
    --I've been to WDW 4 times and have never seen any kind of opening/rope drop show.
    --I have never experienced the Country Bears, Swiss Family Treehouse, or Tom Sawyer Island.
    --I have gone twice with family and twice with friends; I enjoyed all of them, but I would LOVE to try a solo trip and experience the parks at my own pace.
    --I sometimes go to the DisneyParks website and price my dream vacation (a theme park view at a monorail hotel for one week).
    --I can't wait to take my kids someday--whenever that will be (don't have kids, don't even have a BF at the moment)!
    --I always tear up at my last glimpse of the castle--and I even teared up during the surprise moment in Enchanted Tales With Belle.
    --I owned many Disney videos growing up, but never Dumbo because it made me so upset.
    --I'm also not a fan of Tink. Don't think her attitude is one girls should really be modeling. When did she become so popular anyway?
    --I still take my autograph book from 2002 to the parks and stand in line to meet characters (again, I'm almost 26!)
    --I want to go to Disneyland in CA soooo bad. It might be a possibility this May, but nothing is set in stone yet.
    --I work full-time as a sign language interpreter, and I've contemplated applying for interpreting jobs in Orlando just so I can move there, get a annual pass and go to the parks whenever I feel like it. :cool1:
    --I've only been 4 times, but WDW still feels like "home" every time I'm there. My parents don't really get it, but that's ok!:)

9. lovelygirl1975

lovelygirl1975 Mouseketeer

My secrets:

1. Disney is my Happy Place: When I am sad or in stressful situations I visualize disney parks, hotels, etc and it helps me to calm down

2. Never had a dole whip, turkey leg, or been at rope drop.

3. The TOT gave me nightmares, even though I enjoyed at the time. So did Space Mountain.

4. I love the carousel of progress.

5. I only tell certain people when me and DH are planning a Disney trip.

6. DH gave me a Minnie watch for valentines day and it made me cry. I don't wear it but every so often because it makes me cry.

7. I read these boards when I have insomnia and it helps me sleep.

10. SoonToBeMrs

SoonToBeMrs Mouseketeer

Let me precede this by saying I've been to WDW at least 20 times:

-- I've never had a dole whip or turkey leg
    -- I've never been to Tom Sawyer Island
    -- Only been to AK once (when it first opened)
    -- I think DL is a disappointment in comparison to WDW
    -- I'm terrified of Honey I Shrunk the Audience in Epcot I have to wait outside while everyone else is in it
    -- I still wait in lines for character autographs (I'm 22)
    -- I am pretty much planning my Disneymoon around ADRs
    -- I watched the Disney Christmas parades on TV and cried (it's clearly been too long)

11. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

have been more than 60 times.

1) joined DVC in 1993, 1995, 1998, 2000 - then sold 1993 (OKW) brought BLT (2009) - don't even ask how much that cost

2) my only Disney nightmares are about that silly clown at BWV.

3) have not had dole whip - think allergic to something in it

4) turkey legs had it once - NEVER again - definitely allergic

5) now go to WDW more for the resorts than the parks - yes spend a few hours in the parks every other day - but love the dvc resorts.

6) Love Soarin' do it every time I am at Epcot.
    7) love walking to Epcot when staying at BWV or BCV
    8) love taking the boat to Studios when I go to studios
    9) use to love the buses - when the drivers could be original they were great!
    10) love the monsters,inc - of course have loved everything here - hoping they will kept monster, inc - longer than the time travel thing
    11) still have not taken the time to stop and relax in the parks.... really need to work on that

12. grelca

grelca Earning My Ears

i'd never even heard of a dole whip until last week, much less have i had one.

i could take or leave fireworks shows and parades.

i have planned but then not actually attempted drinking around the world my past two trips.

i think disneyland is lame (though i will probably still get an annual pass and go a ton when i finally move to la).

and is it really a secret if 13 of your friends witnessed it? but i got talked into going on space mountain and was bawling and hyperventilating at the end. took like half an hour to calm myself down.

13. Irishman

Irishman Earning My Ears

Well after doing my first solo trip to disney.And I still don't know exactly about turkey leggs and dole whips..MK I can leave it.BUT the other Parks I love.I went to EPCOT...Had a blast.Just walked enjoyed the sights and the street shows in England,France.Japan.After drinking a few beers from a few different countries.I decided to get some Sushi...Afterwards I walked down to the shops there and i was looking at the swords ( man thing)...Well this very attractive small japanize woman came over to me all dreesed to a TEE.Looked up at me and ask if she could help me.My heart dropped when she spoke to me.( WOW)....No she did not sell me a sword.( I am sure TSA would have loved me)....But When she did sell me a kimono..Well I loved it.
    I have not felt that way in a long time....

14. SMWfamily

SMWfamily Stinkerbell

Im secretly trying to convert my inlaws into Disney fans when they have claimed to hate it their whole lives....

I plan to buy a season pass for just me on my next trip and then find excuses to go down to Florida three times in the coming year. I plan to work the "free parking" angle.

I secretly wish they would change the movie on Soarin' because I love that ride but I am deathly sick of that movie.

I use Orange flavored Lysol in my bathroom because it smells like the orange groves in Soarin' and reminds me of Disney bathrooms.

I am deathly and horrifically scared of Space Mountain.

15. villavic

villavic Earning My Ears

I can seat for 2 hours saving a good place to see the MK night parade. I can wait 40 minutes for Soarin, Big Thunder or Pirates. But... I don't like Fantasmic that much. It's a good show, but to me it's a waste of time seating for more than an hour to save a good seat to see that show. I already did it twice. I'm going again this year to the Studios but this time I'll skip Fantasmic.

There's a non-Disney shameful secret, but I want to share it with you guys because when I've told this to my friends, they just can't believe me: I always fall asleep in any of the 3 MATRIX movies. I just find them boring.

16. DanceDrawDream

DanceDrawDream Mouseketeer

I've never been on space mountain!

17. Pumbaa7287

Pumbaa7287 I am the great Stone Dragon!

Two more:

-I hate birds... but I really liked the Flights of Wonder show. Shhh...

-We live near University of Florida, which has a beautiful campus, and I always find myself comparing some of the parks and entertainment/restaurants in the area to the ones at Disney. I just can't get it out of my head!

18. taythegibs

taythegibs Professional Pirate

I hate soarin.

I've never been to ts island even though ive spent hundreds of hours in mk.

I really dislike the new test track but it didnt stop me from riding it 4 times in a row.

Living with the Land is my favorite attraction at EPCOT.

When i watch Illuminations I cant do anything else while its going on.

Wishes makes me tear up every time (21yo male who has seen it dozens of times), and my favorite place to watch it is from behind the carousel.

I know disney better than i do my own hometown.

I AM a Pirate pirate:

19. singastory

singastory Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks quest

• I can't stand Tinkerbelle.
    • I don't get the hype about Soarin', I've been on both DW and DL's versions and they were both boring.
    • Frontierland is a giant mystery to me. I've ridden on BTMRR and Splash but honestly that's it... I (still) have no idea what Song of the South or the Country Bear Jamboree is about.
    • I love shopping but can't ever seem to find anything to spend my money on once I'm in a gift shop. I guess that makes it seem like I'm keeping to a "budget". :laughing:
    • The three Disney movies I refuse to watch are Dumbo, Pinnochio, and Bambi. I think I've seen each maybe once or twice.
    • I want to like Snow White, but Adriana Caselotti's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me and so the movie usually ends up in the previous category.
    • I am a Disney apologist. Sometimes it's hard for me to see Disney flaws. Sometimes its not so hard... They need to tone down the Princess photoshop-fest that's currently happening. :guilty:

20. villavic

villavic Earning My Ears

And I've not been in Splash Mountain nor the Aerosmith RC. I do like speed but I hate fast falls, that's why avoid strong roller coasters.

21. DisneyBalloons

DisneyBalloons should have been born into a Disney fairytale

- I read the Unofficial Guide (my Bible) and watch the Disney vacation movie whenever I am in need of a "Disney pick-me-up"

- never been to Tom Sawyer's Island

- Honey I Shrunk the Audience always terrified me

- I have been planning my Disney wedding forever, although there's no Prince Charming in my life