What is wrong with me??????? Can't stop feeling sad...

clombardi

DIS Veteran
Wow, I am not reacting well to Bob's death. I just cannot figure out why my reaction is so strong.

I have lost many people in my life who were very close to me on a daily basis. Six years ago my mother died at the age of 59. Four years ago my goddaughter died at the age of one. This past December, my aunt, who was like a second mother to me, passed away unexpectedly at the age of 50.

Being depressed over those deaths made sense to me. I am just struggling to figure out how it is that the death of a person I knew only through my Ipod could be so depressing to me.

I can only attribute it to Bob himself. There must have been something intangibly special about him. Something that cannot be understood intellectually, but felt in your heart.

I feel guilty being so sad when his family and the pod crew are experiencing such a true loss.

Just had to post this..hope it wasn't too strange.

I didn't know Bawb personally - but you could tell he was special. It was really easy to be drawn to his personality.

Could it also be that you are having a hard time getting some "closure" on it? Because we live pretty far away we couldn't be there to say our final good-bye.

It's been really tough, hang in there and I'm sure in time you will make your peace with it:hug:

By the way - not a strange post at all. You don't need to feel guilty for your compassion.

Kim

I completely relate to your difficulty in getting over Bawb's passing. I have lost many people in my life: my father (I was 16), grandparents, in-laws, aunts, uncles and I grieved deeply for each, but for some reason Bawb's passing is the most difficult for me to come to grips with. It's something I'm trying hard to understand and come to terms with.

You know, I think it's partly...for me... because the podcasts were an escape. The podcasts were always fun, always about Disney, very little of the real world was part of the shows. Sure Pete had his rants, but they were mostly about Disney, vacations, happy things. You didn't hear about the never ending primaries, health insurance, gas prices or about the terrible and sad things that happen every day. Sure there was Tiggergate and the TeaCups assault, but what a relief, that's about the worst you'd hear. So with Bob's passing, it was like a dose of reality into our happy little "podcast world" where you thought bad things didn't happen, where you knew you could go for an hour or so and not have to think about or hear all the other stuff. You knew Bob and the whole crew were going to be good for a laugh or two or three all the while telling you about The Happiest Place on Earth. It was sort of a "bubble" if you will and then the "real" world we were looking to escape came crashing in. :sad1: I don't mean this to dimnish Bob in anyway, I hope it doesn't sound that way. He was a unique and special man, I think of him every day, I think of his family and the podcast crew, but I think this is partly why we are so sad.

it a way Bawb was the voice of all of us, the giddily excited kid that is so wound up that they are tongue tied. And while we are on the other side of the keyboard, while you listen to the podcast, it is like you are in a conversation with old friends, where you can pick up in the middle of a thought, the middle of a sentence and know exactly what they ment.

right now that is missing, not an easy thing to withdrawal from.

know that he is not forgotten, he touched the lives and the hearts of a lot of people, a lot of people, no clue how many people... much like the way he lived, he showed up in heaven early, so he can scope out the best directions and place for us to park when we get there.

I am not the OP but feel exactly the same way and have been slightly confused about how affected I have been.

... much like the way he lived, he showed up in heaven early, so he can scope out the best directions and place for us to park when we get there.

WO that sentence is just perfect...Thank you.

Somehow it has given me a sense of relief and a bit of comfort as I can actually see Bob being so thoughtful as to do it for us all. :hug:

Wow, I am not reacting well to Bob's death. I just cannot figure out why my reaction is so strong.

I have lost many people in my life who were very close to me on a daily basis. Six years ago my mother died at the age of 59. Four years ago my goddaughter died at the age of one. This past December, my aunt, who was like a second mother to me, passed away unexpectedly at the age of 50.

Being depressed over those deaths made sense to me. I am just struggling to figure out how it is that the death of a person I knew only through my Ipod could be so depressing to me.

I can only attribute it to Bob himself. There must have been something intangibly special about him. Something that cannot be understood intellectually, but felt in your heart.

I feel guilty being so sad when his family and the pod crew are experiencing such a true loss.

Just had to post this..hope it wasn't too strange.

I can understand. When you get used to something and you have it for so long and then out of left field its gone. no warnings just gone. it does have the type of effect on you and when it is someone passing away its even worst. Whether you knew him personally or not. When I first saw the post by Pete I was in shock for about a good minute. My hand would not move the mouse. Then I started to scroll down because I thought someone was just fooling around. But then it sunk in. He was gone. I felt an empty hole immediately.

The only I say is try listening to past podcast shows. It has worked for me and could be a good way of getting over it because you will be hearing BOB happy and excited. Those memories can be relived without having to think about them. It has worked for me and maybe it can help you.

it a way Bawb was the voice of all of us, the giddily excited kid that is so wound up that they are tongue tied.

... much like the way he lived, he showed up in heaven early, so he can scope out the best directions and place for us to park when we get there.
Both these statements are so true, WO. Thanks for expressing them. It does help me to think of Bob in his new "scouting" role....:cloud9:

The only I say is try listening to past podcast shows. It has worked for me and could be a good way of getting over it because you will be hearing BOB happy and excited. Those memories can be relived without having to think about them. It has worked for me and maybe it can help you.

You know, I heard a few people say this and I thought, "No way...I just cant". It took a few days, but I have starting going back and a listening and it is true. It does help. I get sad at points, but then a "Bawbism" comes up and I'm laughing again.

I just wanted to add, also, that I think one of the reasons I am still sad is that, even though, I had never met Bob, I was so looking forward to the possibility. This next trip, I couldn't wait to look for "Kaht Kam". The kids may have their characters to look for....well, me...I was going to search for Bob! Because I really wanted to tell him how much I appreciated him. The week before he passed, I thought I should write the Team and let them know. Well, I didn't and now I feel sad that I never expressed those feelings to him.

So, Bob is stilling teaching me....Tell those you love and appreciate now while you have the opportunity. :love:

OP here. Thanks so much for all the replies. I really feel better knowing that I am not alone in how I feel.

Miss you Bob! Hope all is well up in heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter