What is with that tags?

A tag is given by the tag fairy. If you look to the left of "some" peoples names you will see a little saying underneath it. That is a tag.

They are supposedly special gifts the tag fairy gives, but I wouldn't know as you can see under my name there isn't one LOL.

Yeppers, a Tag is a special gift that TPTB give you that is under your name that is a funny little saying or remark usually in a pretty color as well... Hey..... wait a tic... ( in a 3 yr old's voice that is very whine-y ) I want the Tag Fairy to give me a tag... please please please with Mickey sprinkles??? I'll be good, I promise :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Melissa

So I have to wait for a tag fairy? Drat! I'm never that lucky. :guilty:

Good luck to us I guess..

Also are they quotes the person has said?

Can someone please tell me how I add a countdown to my posts and also what do all the abbreviations mean - for example when people refer to people they are traveling with as DD7 or DW or DS9 - thank you!

I'm curious if you have to have a certain number of posts before the Tag Fairy visits. It seems you'd have to have a lot, just looking....(and I'm waaaay far away from that!! LOL!)

TinkAZ - the DS and DD are for dear son or dear daughter. You may see a DH or DW - dear hubby or dear wife along with their ages. HTH
Melissa

DD + dear daughter # =age of DD
DS= D son
DW =wife, DH =Hubby, MIL, SIL etc mother in law, sis in law etc.

Sorry can't figure out the countdown thing myself!

Here is a link that list most abbreviations used on the DIS.

The tag fairy can give you a tag at any time. A friend got their tag "lurking no more'" the first week they joined.
You are allowed to put your own tags as well; but they are not in colour. But your tags you must wait after you have had a certain number of post and time (not sure on the numbers)

To get the counter - go to the Tickerfactory.com site then get your ticker the way you want it to be - now highlight the address info under the heading V bulletin as that is the message board setup the Dis Boards use. Copy it and then come to the DisBoards. Next, go to User CP at the top of the screen on the upper left hand side then to edit signature. Once you get there your signature screen comes up just paste the address you copied from the Ticker Factory site and you should have it right away. HTH
Melissa :banana: :banana:

Accash said:
To get the counter - go to the Tickerfactory.com site then get your ticker the way you want it to be - now highlight the address info under the heading V bulletin as that is the message board setup the Dis Boards use. Copy it and then come to the DisBoards. Next, go to User CP at the top of the screen on the upper left hand side then to edit signature. Once you get there your signature screen comes up just paste the address you copied from the Ticker Factory site and you should have it right away. HTH
Melissa :banana: :banana:

Thanks!! Now I finally have a ticker!

Do you have sinature turned off

Click on User CP
Edit options
Under Thread Display is Show signatures ticked off

It's checked, doesn't that mean it's on? I see my name, with the font/color, but not the ticker :confused3

SparklieSunShine said:
So I have to wait for a tag fairy? Drat! I'm never that lucky. :guilty:

Good luck to us I guess..

Also are they quotes the person has said?
hello "almost" my neighbor... Delco,Pa here :wizard:

[
I have tried also to copy and paste from the ticker factory and as you can see all I get is the format what can I be doing wrong .I have noticed the HTML is off on the DIS Boards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter