What is the youngest you have taken...

The first time we went my kids were 3,4 and 10 and that was in 2004. My daughter was born in 2007 and she was just shy of a year old when we took her. She actually loved the characters. She is now 3 years old and she has been 5 times and has a blast. The only thing that is cumbersome is the child swap when you want to go on certain rides. We were really excited last year when we went in August and she went on the haunted mansion with us. She loved it! My 7 year old went on it for the first time also. Eventually we will all be able to ride together but it is still a great time regardless. It's not all about rides.

My girls were 1 1/2 years old when we first went to disney. One of the reasons I bought into DVC was so that I can have a nice room to stretch out in and have a kitchen and a washer dryer right in the room. As you will soon discover children are always hungry and are very messy! Having the kitchen in the room meant I always had snacks and having the washer/dryer meant I could do laundry at anytime.
My only piece of advice is let the child dictate the day. In other words you won't see and do everything anymore. Go back to the room and get a nice rest time and pool time away from the crowds and the heat. You belong to DVC now which means you will be going to Disney for years to come. Every trip with the kids is different in its own way. Enjoy

BTW... If you are formula feeding, I would recommend getting the already mixed formula in the 6 oz (and/or 2 oz) bottles. You can buy disposable nipples like the ones they give you in the hospital on eBay. When you are done with a feeding you can throw the entire unit away. It makes travel a lot easier and you don't need to worry about cleaning or santizing bottles in a hotel room. The con is the price tag. However, if you plan in advance and buy a little at a time, it will be worth it. I would start with the nipples since I found purchasing them on eBay a bit competitive.

The first tim we took our oldest when he 18 months. He had fun, but may not remember much from it. We went with my in-laws, so there was four of us with one little boy. A check in clerk at the airport commented on our need for four adults to take one kid to Disney World! :rotfl2:

The first time we took our youngest was when he was about 11 months. Again, he had fun, but probably does not remember anything from it. He does remember things from when he was 2-1/2, though.

With younger kids, try not to do too much all at once. I would recommend at least one down day to go to a pool, etc. We have had meltdown issues with our oldest, due to issues with being too tired or something. We have had to leave DHS twice due to his meltdowns on two different trips.

Good luck, and enjoy the trip to WDW! :thumbsup2

Our first trip with DD was when she was 3.5 year old, and we had such a wonderful time - - I truly wish that we would have taken her much sooner than we did. Granted, we drove down, but she did great with the 8 hour drive and, aside from a couple of meltdowns at the parks, she did great! :goodvibes

We gave each child a trip to WDW as a 5th birthday present. Our son, at that age, was overwhelmed and did not enjoy his first three days. Then he took the Peter Pan ride and something clicked, after which he was fine. Our daughter, on the other hand, was ready for anything the moment she stepped into the parks.

Our fourth child visited WDW for the first time when he was just shy of 2 months old. The doctor had no problem with this. We purchased a stroller at Wal-Mart that reclined flat and had a "mosquito net" that rolled down over the normally open space. I liked this A LOT because it kept curious people from touching or getting too close to the baby.

We utilized the baby stations but it was easy to change him in the stroller if needed. He mostly slept whenever he felt like it (often) and it was quite easy to have him in the parks with us.

Of course, I didn't ride very many rides but it was a blessing just to be there with all our children and I knew there would be many more trips in our future. And there has been!

This will be the 1st trip for both of our kids. Our DS will be 2.5 and our DD will be almost 15 months! We cant wait to experience it with them and hope you have a wonderful time!

We started going to WDW when our oldest dd turned 5 and our youngest dd's first trip was when she was 2 and she did really well.

We are taking our 1yo. next month.

We took her on a road trip to Monteal and Quebec City when she was 2 months and she did better than great so we hope for similar results this time. Only difference this trip is that we are flying. We'll see how that goes. :thumbsup2

5 months old was are youngest so far, but I'd actually like to plan a WDW trip with a ten week old. I'd like a trip at the end of my 12 week maternity leave. :) The oldest any of my kids has made it without going to WDW is 15 months!

Took our 10 month old in December and had the BEST time! We brought our own stoller (the airline lets you take one for free) and a backpack carrier for when we were in line for a ride. We just took everything in stride and had NO expectations. She did wonderfully and we are actually going back in a few weeks.

Our first was 13 months old and has loved it ever since. Now we are taking our Princess at 5 months old. We'll see how it goes. I did find the cutest Princess dress for her today at Penney's for her first Princess breakfast.princess:

My youngest was 4 months on her first trip. She was only 7 pounds at the time (preemie), though, so most people kept asking if she was a newborn. She spent her vacation in the sling or, rarely, in the stroller (her 2 year old brother was in the stroller most of the time). It was an incredible vacation.

She likes to tell everybody that she's so brave she rode Haunted Mansion and Pirates when she was only a tiny, tiny baby.

My other kids were 2 1/2 and 1ish on their first trip, and that was far more complicated.

My mom told me that she started taking my twin brother and I when we were 18 months old. :cool1: (I have an older brother though)

DS went first at 6 months. He's been again at 8 mo, 13 mo, 18, mo, 20 mo, 2 1/2 yrs, and now we're planning a trip for Jan 2011 with DS at 3 1/2 + new baby who will be 5 mo at the time.

We've flown every time.

We take our own stroller every time too.

We've always booked DS a seat on the airplane, so 13 mo and under we took the car seat. 18 Mo & older we had a CARES harness for him on the plane.

DS (and I) have had a blast on all trips. Now, he loves to look at pictures of himself as a baby at Disney!

We took our daughter at 11 months for the first time. Baby number 2 will probably go earlier since now we know the younger the easier! We always fly and bring a small stroller.

We waited. Six was the age we first took our frat boy/girl twins to Disney. I could have taken them earlier - but as it all turned out, six seemed to be a very magical age. My heart thumps when I think of that trip because it was wonderful.:love:

In 1993 our son was born on on Oct. 13th and we too him and his older sister that had just turned 3 in Oct. to WDW the 1st or 2nd week of Dec. We stayed at the CR so that was nice with the monorail and all. We were very surprised at all the iddy biddy babies we saw on that trip. Our dd was 21 months old the first time she went. Our third child ds was almost 4.... :guilty: poor guy...but we have since made up for it. ;)

DS was almost 2 for the first time he went. It was land and sea vacation and he enjoys the cruise part much better. Part of it I think it was the weather, it was very hot. Since then, he went back several times and enjoy each of the visit. I found WDW is the easiest place to take kids for vaction. There is always place to buy food and drinks when necessary and more important, there is always a clean bathroom close by. Somehow, nothing can wait with my kid.

We always fly and I usual pick times that he will spend part of the trip sleeping such as later morning. Red eye flight worked really well with him as well when he was little.

We took him to DL the first time when he was 6 months old and he was taking in everything as he was sitting in the stroller or while in an adult's arms. I have some of the cutest video when he was trying to dance as the parade was going on.

Now he is almost eight, and start asking to visit other places instead of WDW. We don't go as often now compare to a few years ago. I miss the convienance thar WDW offers compare to all the other places that we visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter