What is the worst roller coaster you ever rode

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by SpaceMtnFan, Nov 26, 2012.

1. momz

momz DIS Veteran

I have one that hasn't been mentioned. At Holiday World in Santa Clause, IN. The Voyage...horrible headache.

Holiday has 3 roller coasters, all wooden. The Raven has gotten awards year after year. The Legend was the next installment and is ok, but seems to have only right turns and you are constantly pushed to the left. Then, the Voyage is the big one...horrible, there is never a long line because I think I'm not alone in this opinion.

Now, the water park at Holiday World is fabulous.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Miniefan

Miniefan DIS Veteran

The worst coaster I have ever ridden was at Six Flags over Georgia, it was a wooden coaster called the Georgia Cyclone. I felt like I had been beat up after I got off. Even my dh who is more of a coaster enthusiast than I am said that it was a pretty awful ride.

4. Tuffcookie

Tuffcookie Enjoys an early hour of peace. Is a smart cookie.

5. Squirlz

Squirlz DIS Veteran

I would go with Mean Streak or The Beast. Here is video from a couple days ago of Son of Beast being demolished.

http://twitpic.com/bewqrh

6. Minerva Mouse

Minerva Mouse DIS Veteran

Cedar Point - Mean Streak

[​IMG]

Worse than Son of Beast in my opinion.

7. Jaya

Jaya DIS Veteran

I made the mistake of wearing earrings on the roller coaster at New York New York in Vegas. Result: two bleeding ears. But the all-time worst design is at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. Can't remember the name of the coaster but the car spins around like the teacups while going along the coaster track. Whooppee! Spinning WHILE going up and down. Lose-lose situation. If one motion doesn't make you sick, the double-whammy will!

8. Minerva Mouse

Minerva Mouse DIS Veteran

Thanks for the link, I didn't realize that they finally tore it down. As awful as it was, it's sad to see it go, but it's even more sad that it was such an epic failure!

I just looked this up real quick

Opened May 2000
    Loop removed 2006
    Closed June 2009
    By 2010 the park had spent nearly 30 million dollars on the ride
    RIP Son of Beast!

9. minniebride

minniebride DIS Veteran

Me too!:sad2: Ugh, I hated this experience. Thought I was going to fall out the whole time and was just beyond uncomfortable.

I also hated WDW Space Mountain when I rode it for my first time in 2008-too rickety. I did not like the whole darkness effect because my body could not anticipate the turns and drops. My neck was quite sore afterward. I think it's been renovated since then, so maybe it's not so bad now.

10. englishteacha

englishteacha <font color=magenta>I've just gotten crazier over

Mind Eraser at Six Flags New England is the only coaster I've ever said, "Never again!" to. I didn't think Mean Streak was too bad. Of course, I rode 27 different coasters the summer we went to Cedar Point, so only the terrifying or amazing ones stick out in my memory!

11. jme829

jme829 Proud mother of 3.....4 if you include my husband!

That's funny! I tell my kids all the time that the Beast is my all time favorite coaster! I love it!

But my worst is any and all of the coasters at Mt. Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells...all of them are wooden and the coasters themselves are fine, but they have them way to sped up. They are not even fun because you get jerked around so bad. I'm also not a fan of Mantis at Cedar Point...too much pressure on my lower legs.

12. jme829

jme829 Proud mother of 3.....4 if you include my husband!

Another vote for bad experiences on the Mean Streak. Way too rough and like you I usually like wooden coasters. Magnum is ok but it's just soooo high! I'm not really afraid of heights, but that one is about my limit. I haven't gotten the nerve to do Millenium Force , that one is definitely out of my comfort zone!

13. Mickey527

Mickey527 DIS Veteran

I second Mind Eraser, my son thirds, and the rest of my family, well give it a seventh...
    My son's head shook around so much that one lens fell out of his glasses. He had a glasses strap on that he has worn on coasters for the past 5 years and never had problems. He still had his glasses on after the ride...
    We have done Cedar Point, both Kings Dominions, both Busch Gardens,and a few of the Six Flags parks and the only one we won't go on again is Mind Eraser

14. twinboysmom

twinboysmom DIS Veteran

For both my DH and I as well, the ghost rider was the worst coaster we have ever rode. I can truly say that neither of us will ever ride it again.

15. hidmickey:myantidrug

hidmickey:myantidrug DIS Veteran

Funny, the Mind Eraser at six flags darien lake is my only "never again." Apparently they can't get it right anywhere. :sad2:

16. CF'er

CF'er <font color=darkorchid>Mine's so padded I'm afraid

For terror: Superman at Six Flags Atlanta.
    For pain: The Ninja also SFA

I am from Ohio and am a HUGE Beast fan. I remember when it opened. It was the epic coaster of it's time. LOVE IT!!!

17. badblackpug

badblackpug <font color=blue>If you knew her you would be shoc

Mantis at Cedar Point. Not because it was scary, because the ride, itself, was actually lame, but it was just so stinkin' uncomfortable.

18. CurlyJo224

CurlyJo224 DIS Veteran

I couldn't decide between two coasters being the worst I'd ever been on, and it was these two. They were awful!

19. JessB320

JessB320 DIS Veteran

I also vote for NY NY in Vegas. We LOVE roller coasters. Even even got buy one get one free ride, first ride was so bad and jerky we skipped the second "free" ride. Both DH and I had horrid headaches from that one!!

20. shinysparklybubbles

shinysparklybubbles DIS Veteran

Omg Viper was awful! Not to mention it was always broken down (I worked at GA for 5 years). I hurt just thinking about that ride. Thank goodness is gone.

21. newt2

newt2 Mouseketeer

For me the worst was Triceratops Spin at Animal Kingdom. They took a mediocre Mad Mouse style coaster and made it painful by spinning you as it goes. It's back wrenching, headache inducing and not much fun for your trouble.