What is the worst injury/illness you have had

broken neck in three spots (C 4,5 and 6) in a car accident at 25

edited to add all my illnesses:

spinal meningitis (bacterial) at 28
bone infection at 44
shingles at 49
sciatic back pain...used a walked for several weeks at 50
colitis at 54
extreme HB pressure (205/145) which landed me in the hospital for 5 days at 55.
dual pneumonia back in 2013. I swear my lungs have never been the same!!!!

Last edited:
Brain tumor. However my most recent basal cell removal by Moh's surgery was incredibly painful. Brain surgery was easy compared to that. LOL

Hep A, most likely contracted at WDW. Both DH and I got it, I was out of work for a month, he was out 6 weeks. It was like having a month long stomach virus (made for a great bikini season, though).

A pulmonary embolism. And another blood clot in my arm a few years later, but that one was dissolved before it went anywhere.

Injury- broken forearm when I was 34. I had a cast from fingers to shoulder for 8 weeks. I fell off of my cocktail table while trying to wash windows in my living room.

Illness- Mumps in 6th grade. Both sides- man, they hurt! And I gave them to my brother. The doctors didn't believe I had them at first, since they are rare now (most people are immunized).

Broken kneecap from a car accident a long time ago, got the cast off, fell and rebroke it the next day. Only broken thing I've ever had!

I have 3 open heart surgeries
plus many other surgeries over the years from knee to throat

Worst I've ever felt was food poisoning. I thought I wanted to die it was so awful.

I think I broke my foot once. Obviously I didn't have that checked out if I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
Herniated disk. I was literally on the floor for about a month. It was agonizing and I thought it would never end.

Most painful: Broken tailbone in 2013. And I just bruised it a few weeks ago... ugh. (I am really not graceful!) The broken toes have hurt, too. But I've never broken anything else!
Most serious: I had my thyroid removed last March due to possible cancer. It wasn't cancerous, but it was pre-cancerous; so despite being about 10-15 pounds heavier than I was a year ago because it's taking some time to get my Synthroid dose right, I was glad I had it done when I did.
Other than that I've been pretty lucky. My only other surgery was for my wisdom teeth when I was in high school and I had never been admitted to the hospital until my surgery last year (and I was 25). I've sprained a few things (ankle, wrist, possibly my knee) but other than that, nothing.

e-coli sepsis - I was on life support for a week in a medically induced coma. Not expected to live. Most people (90%) do not survive this. I was fortunately oblivious to all of this. I felt bad, went to ER about 9 hours later. It hits very quickly.

Another reason never to eat at Chipotle again.

Yeah I have been really lucky:
Illness: Chicken pox in second grade
Injury: A cut on my chin from falling on the ice in my driveway when I was in third grade. Took like 12 stiches but that was all. This is my one and only visit to the hospital as a patient (besides being born)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter