What is the status of the Villas at Disney Institute?

The Wuzzels

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard about what is happening at the Disney Institute? I can't seem to find any information about being renovated for DVC or even that it is open for any kind of rentals. I remember it being one of the most relaxing Disney stays I've ever been on (2000). What's the word?

There is no DI any longer.

The old Townhouse Villas have been demolished and the site serves as the location for the new SSR under construction right now.

The Fairway Villas are now occupied by college program CM's and the Treehouse Villas are empty. The bungalows have been emptied of all furnishings and the surrounding grounds have not been maintained. There are no rentals for any of the old units there.

The site is available for expansion for DVC depending on the success of SSR sales.

Stay Tuned!

Only the spa remains open and there is a 20% discount for DVC members.

The Wuzzels--
Have you thought about becoming members of DVC? Since you have stayed at Disney Institute, and seemed to like the location and laid-back quality, you might want to give some thought to Saratoga Springs Resort when it opens for business, in 2004, I think. Since DVC is a big investment, you now have plenty of time to dream about it, and decide if it's right for your family.:p

During our Christmas trip, I was told that, since the DI is closed as far as rooms are concerned and they don't have buses going there, they will provide transportation for guests using the spa.

It's something to keep in mind if you want to book a treatment but don't have a car available.

The DI was the first Disney Resort that I ever stayed at. It was definately a driving force in buying DVC. That and 6 nights at an All Star Resort with DW and 2 kids.

DVC is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter