What is the sauce on Via Napoli's "white pizza"?

seetheworld

DIS Veteran
We have eaten the white pizza many times, it melts in our mouths. Maybe there's no sauce at all? Any ideas? What makes it so good?

Im 1000% sure about this cause we just had it a couple of weeks ago and I actually watched them make our pizza. There's NO sauce on the white pizzas. Just cheese. You can have red sauce added but we agreed no sauce was much better. Half of our metro was white pizza on the other half fungi. The fungi side had red sauce and some of the sauce ended up on the white pizza side. We much preferred no sauce. Most generally though other places its ricotta.

Any New Yorkers - is this a proper "white pie?" If I've been craving one since I left Staten Island, will this fill the void or disappoint?

Im 1000% sure about this cause we just had it a couple of weeks ago and I actually watched them make our pizza. There's NO sauce on the white pizzas. Just cheese.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the 4 cheese pizza I got had no sauce, just the cheeses (it's delish.) Which I was happy about, that's how my favorite white pizza around here is made.

crap ... yeah I read that question wrong...I was reading it as white sauce pizza not white pizza...lord I need sleep. The white pizza is almost always made without sauce and is just the cheese over the dough.

What's so amazing is that it has so much flavor without the sauce. It's so good! I want some right now lol! Thank you everyone for your responses!

Well usually they put a bunch of different spices on the pizza so the flavor gets added with the Italian spices like oregano, etc.

Via Napoli has 3 different "white pizzas"

Carciofi Signature Pie
- white pizza: artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil $21-Individual, $31-Large (serves 2 - 3), $41- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)

Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie - white pizza: mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone $21-Individual, $31-Large (serves 2 - 3), $41- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)

Prosciutto e Melone Signature Pie - white pizza: Fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantaloupe, arugula $21-Individual, $31-Large (serves 2 - 3), $41- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)

Found at: http://allears.net/dining/menu/via-napoli/lunch-dinner

Many of the white pizzas I've had have garlic and olive oil added, with no sauce. Might add some of the flavor!

Via Napoli has 3 different "white pizzas"

Carciofi Signature Pie
- white pizza: artichoke, fontina, mozzarella, truffle oil $21-Individual, $31-Large (serves 2 - 3), $41- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)

Quattro Formaggi Signature Pie - white pizza: mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone $21-Individual, $31-Large (serves 2 - 3), $41- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)

Prosciutto e Melone Signature Pie - white pizza: Fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantaloupe, arugula $21-Individual, $31-Large (serves 2 - 3), $41- Mezzo Metro (serves 3 - 5)

Found at: http://allears.net/dining/menu/via-napoli/lunch-dinner

Thank you!! YUMMMMYYYY!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter