What is the longest you've stayed at the Fort?

WDWNerd

Mouseketeer
I'm daydreaming about a new RV that DH & I looked at last week. Of course, I started thinking about extended trips to the Fort. What's the longest you've stayed?

We always do 10 days actual full days that is. This gives me a day to get there, a day to get home, and two days to unpack and rest before going back to work.

Our March 2016 trip was 11 nights/12 days. Only 2 park days in there. I tried to go to 3 spring training baseball games. At the end I was ready to go home.

Our January 2017 trip was 9 nights/10 days. Went down right after New Years and stayed till the following week to see Bama lose to Clemson in Tampa in the National Championship. One park day on that trip. We did that trip all cash so no credit card bill to come home to (yea) so thanks to good planning the money ran out when it was time to come home. Those are the most recent two.

Most of our prior trips had been 5-7 days to fit within a week off from work .

Bama ED

PS - for some people the clock has been running for years....

PPS - good luck on your daydreaming....

Longest stay at The Fort was 24 days We had booked for 21 but extreme weather ie near hurricane conditions called for on our original departure day and following 2 days forced us to extend 3 days

We did 4 1/2 weeks right after I retired in 2014. Last year was a little over 3 weeks, we would have stayed longer if the prices hadn't almost doubled for spring break.

I would love to stay for a month & do maybe 10 Park days. Maybe one day...
While I'm dreaming, mousekeeping will also clean my huge RV while I'm there

We always do 10 days actual full days that is. This gives me a day to get there, a day to get home, and two days to unpack and rest before going back to work.

Having the time to unpack & rest afterwards is key

12 nights, but mostly 8-10 nights. We love Disney, but are ready to come home at 10 nights max. And, we would never go in debt for a vacation - could never relax and enjoy it.

14 nights October 2015, we had annual passes since we had two more trips in area. Loved it - have reservations starting Nov 28 this year14 nights.

Our "Max" was 10 days. We did parks about 6 of those days plus a "Sea World" day. For us, it's more ideal to stay longer and have fewer trips because the cost of getting there is (or was) expensive. Driving from NE PA costs us about $1000 round trip. Flying isn't much better because there is at least 3 of us and you cannot take as much baggage as you might like.

I would love to do a Month there but I think that would get quite expensive, even without parks.

This is my goal!! How many Park days did you do?
We had a premium annual pass and did mostly park days but we also did Sea World , Aquatica and Kennedy Space Center. It helps to have a vehicle with you. On most days we would drive to the parks ( except MK) as we got around better. Some days we would park a trip at Epcot and go from there.

We just did 22 days at the Fort in January. We bought annual passes and went to the parks here and there at a very leisurely pace. We have done Disney many times in the past, and this was the only time I have come home relaxed and didn't mind going back to work. I didn't need a vacation from my vacation, in other words. It wasn't cheap, but worth every penny. And the plus side is that now we have these annual passes that we feel compelled to use (equals two more trips to the Fort this year )

Happy Planning!

We stayed for 3 weeks a couple times. (It was too long. After about 2 weeks, it stops feeling like a treat). Over the years we have found around 10 days to be just right.

The DW and I stayed for 17 days in 2016 (arrived October 27th and departed on November 13th) . We had a really great time and especially during Halloween. The Fort is a really cool place to be during Halloween with all the sites decorated and all of the campers looping and stopping by to talk. We only had park hoppers for 10 days. This was good because we didn't feel like we had to be in the parks everyday to get our moneys worth. We took our motorcycle and rode to Tampa one day to see the manatees and to have dinner. And of course those non park days at the Fort cant be beat. As a family, I will say that that we truly enjoy our time at WDW. With that said, I was ready to come home when we left that Sunday morning. As much as I think that I would want to stay at the Fort / WDW for an "extended" time, honestly I would be concerned that maybe some of that "magic" might fade. When we have a trip planned, we are excited about planning and getting things ready......especially as the trip grows closer. I believe for us that we would prefer a couple of shorter trips, say 7 to 10 days each maybe 1 in the Spring and 1 in the Fall.

Last month we spent our longest stay ( 4 weeks). The magic did not fade. I would have returned the next week if possible. We have annual passes so went to the parks everyday, but enjoyed them at a leisurely pace.
We only ate out three times: Raglan Road, Mama Melroses, and Trail's End. ( four if you count the GAG). Fortunately, we covered most of the trip with cash. Booking in January was less expensive then during Christmas/ New Year when we usually go.
I have reservations for January 2018, this time in a Full instead of a Premium. The plan is to save up for a 10 day stay in October and a month stay in January.

We were here in 2016 for 50 days (January & February) and again in 2017 (here since Jan 9th). Plans are to do it again in 2018 so Boomer, we'll be here when you are.

We go a couple times a week to a park (AP Gold) and once we leave in March, we could come back in a couple of weeks and do it again. This year (2017) we're headed to Hilton Head Disney and to Marriott Grande Ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter