What is the Easter bunny going to put in your kids' Easter baskets this year?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Wendy, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Wendy

Wendy DIS Veteran

I'm not positive, but I have it on very good authority that my kids will not be getting much in the way of candy from the Easter bunny this year. I believe there is a world wide shortage of Easter candy. :teeth:

So, instead, the Easter bunny is going to fill their baskets with Hit Clips, alligator pens, bunny parachutes, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, and whatever else he (or she) happens to find on sale between now and then. What does the Easter bunny put in your kids' Easter baskets?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KimRaye

KimRaye <font color=navy><b>DIS Sponsor*Silver</b><br><fon

Funny but true for me, too. Whatever teeny, overpriced bags of candy I ordered from the last fund raiser, will be distributed in the baskets. I have to avoid chocolate though since I make up baskets for my niece & nephew also and, niece is allergic to chocolate.

So: My first Princess Cinderella, a beanie, Pooh book, crocheted egg & chick, transformers, Barbie & clothes, Mulan, wallet, mini puzzles and, another beanie.

15yo DS will probably get cash or a gift card in a BIG plastic egg and maybe, since he's older, some of his fave chocolate. I'm sure he won't mind 'playing along' for the benefit of his 5yo sister. ;) ;)

4. mamajoan

mamajoan <font color=red>gotta hobble ....silly goose!.

We still hide 2 big plastic easter eggs for the teens in this house.. last year it was gift cards.. this year will be gift certificates to the local movie theater.. and some See's on the side...mmm See's..

I am sending cute toys to my grandson.. I got Tra a Sesame Street light up bongo.. dh loves it and dances around singing "everybody Mambo"...LOL

5. KimRaye

KimRaye <font color=navy><b>DIS Sponsor*Silver</b><br><fon

The same man that does the Turkey dance at Thanksgiving? bwahahahaha

6. tiggerlover

tiggerlover <font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br

We are cutting down on the candy this year, especially since a lot of the candy out there has red #40 in it, which we have discovered DS is sensitive to. So instead I am having grandma bring a chocolate bunny from Lindt (mom is coming to Italy for Easter) and hopefully some Pokemon cards. DS is also getting the new Tom and Jerry DVD, a huge Kinder Sorpressa egg (a large chocolate egg with a Tom and Jerry surprise in the middle), a few small Kinder Sorpressa eggs, a couple of books, a small toy and maybe a few odds and ends.

7. disfanatiks

disfanatiks <font color=purple>Is pretty darn special<br><font

The new B & B DVD...(can't remember the name), A purple plastic egg with a tiny Belle inside, a AEO gift certificate and a Godiva Chocalate Bunny...all were supposed to go in a bright pink purse that I found at Dillards....But too small. That purse is so cute, though...I thought it was neat for DD, who is 12 this year.

8. Dizzy-Disney4

Dizzy-Disney4 <font color=teal>Just happy to be here.

Very little candy...we still have some left from Christmas AND Halloween. DD has been dying for a Carebear and DS...if I can make him wait that long will be getting the 2nd Harry Potter DVD.

9. imgoingtodisney

imgoingtodisney Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e

Not sure about the basket yet

but the Easter bunny has been hiding 100 plastic eggs around the house - 25 always have disney dollars in them - he started this in 2001 and it has been a tradition

10. philaround

philaround <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

IF THIS WEATHER CONTINUES MY QUESS WOULD BE SNOW BALLS

11. kinlaw6450

kinlaw6450 <font color=red>Spoke too soon<br><font color=blue

My kids are going to Florida for Easter so the Bunny may not be leaving much. Right now he's leaving a book (The Legend of theEaster Egg) Candy (Nascar Chocolate Cars for Dakota and Harry Potter Dragon Eggs for Jordan) other than that they are spending a week at the beach...

12. Serena

Serena <font color=navy>Not afraid of canned biscuits<br>

Chocolate- well, because I love chocolate and I steal from their baskets. lol

Probably a little stuffed animal, a couple other little toys or trinkets and chocolate. :teeth:

13. Marla Hellwig

Marla Hellwig <font color=blue>I am loved by the masses<br><font

Harry Potter soundtrack CD and some bubble gum

14. Jenn

Jenn DIS Veteran

So far a new pair of sandals, coloring books, yo-yo, bubbles, a few treats (candy), and disney dollars.