What is the current policy with Inventory Control these days

lildeb724

Mouseketeer
I want to put in a request for a suite in 2010. What do I need to do. Is a deposit now rquired?
Thanks in advance

And deposits are not required until your suite is booked once dates are released.

Here is a copy of an email I received from my TA on 2/23/07:

I just got off the phone with my rep in IC and she got our fax first thing this morning. According to IC, Disney has not yet opened an “official” wait-list and they are not taking deposits as they have no real inventory to link a deposit with. They will keep our request on file, it is dated, and my contact in IC will call me as soon as they have decided how to proceed.

I’ll check in with her from time to time to see if any progress has been made, and I’ll keep you informed of anything I find out.

This is pretty exciting news! I don’t know why Disney took so long adding to their tiny fleet, but I think it is a very wise move!

A Disney sales rep told my TA that they were looking to phase out Inventory Control next booking year or by the time the new ships come out. They know they can fill their ships most of the year and want to give everyone a fair chance at the most sought after cabins.

He told her that they do plan to give repeaters the first chance at booking as they do with other cruiselines. There is to be a two week window where only repeaters can book and then the general public can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter