What is the cost difference pp for the DP and the DDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm going by - I assume it's correct:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/07/12/news-2013-disney-dining-plan-pricing-and-updates/

We're trying to decide if it's worth it too. I've taken the price difference per person and multiplied it out over the time we'll be there. I think it's worth it if you want to eat 3 meals a day and/or a number of the 2 table service meals. The only reason I'm considering it is we're doing CRT, Le Celier, Mickey's BBQ and I like the kids to be able to stop and eat when they want w/out having dh seeing $$$ signs. But, then he's one that we don't even let go to the grocery store bec it's better for him not to see prices :)

Just an FYI, these prices just went up for the rest of 2013. DxDP is about $102-104 a night and DDP is $58.66. Click on the links in the blog posted above to see the new pricing (what's on the main blog page has been changed).

to upgrade adult from dp to dxp is 44.38 per night. I always upgrade to dxp when they do free dinning..and pay oop when no free dinning

That amt is our package for October not sure if that includes any price increases etc etc

ddxp to me is only worth it to not listen to omg that meal just cost xxx for like hours on end from hubby and then the food didn't taste as good because it was xxx

plus you can eat like a pig if you like and try all kinds of things that you normally wouldn't order because you know huge bill is coming after the meal, instead i have already paid the hugh bill in the beginning so i feel disconnected to the prices at the table.

I highly suggest not cleaning your plate at every meal

To us the price difference of 133.14 a day for 3 disney adults is worth it but only durning fd

to upgrade adult from dp to dxp is 44.38 per night. I always upgrade to dxp when they do free dinning..and pay oop when no free dinning

That amt is our package for October not sure if that includes any price increases etc etc

ddxp to me is only worth it to not listen to omg that meal just cost xxx for like hours on end from hubby and then the food didn't taste as good because it was xxx

plus you can eat like a pig if you like and try all kinds of things that you normally wouldn't order because you know huge bill is coming after the meal, instead i have already paid the hugh bill in the beginning so i feel disconnected to the prices at the table.

I highly suggest not cleaning your plate at every meal

To us the price difference of 133.14 a day for 3 disney adults is worth it but only durning fd

We're going in Nov. and the price difference of the two pkgs (w/ fd PIN) was $44.38 per person -- all our kids are 10 or older.

Our dh's must be twins;) We have not done the DXP previously, but we will be doing it this time.

We're going in Nov. and the price difference of the two pkgs (w/ fd PIN) was $44.38 per person -- all our kids are 10 or older.

Our dh's must be twins;) We have not done the DXP previously, but we will be doing it this time.

Last time we did rack up about 400 tips and booze bill, for 10 day stay, but it was really nice to order 3 different apps and desserts and try them all.. dont go adr crazy that was the only complaint plus it truly is why to much food. If you have the you must clean your plate issues, its not that enjoyable.

So if upgrading to the dxdp is 44.38 pp/pd and there are 5 of us that comes out to approx. 1100 for 5 nights, right? Having done the dp before and knowing how we almost felt like beached whales at the end of our trip I think I would rather pay oop for cs meals since my family wants to do Le Cellier and Spirit of Aloha. I just can't see doing all that food 3x a day.

Love the DXDP. I don't clean my plate at each meal anymore then I would somewhere else, so we don't feel like its too much food.

Enjoy! Love trying some new things using the plan.

We are using the deluxe dining plan for the first time this November - upgrade from free dining pin. We choose this with our family of 5 (3 Disney adults and 2 Disney kids) mainly because my family really needs 3 meals a day and DH is not a fan of QS for many meals. We have 1 or 2 ARDS for each day and my try some walkups or selective QS - like Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. This way the little ones are able to snack all they want along the way this helps elevate melt downs. And yes it was about $1100 for the upgrade what we would have paid for the Dining Plan in the first place. Hope this helps.

Last time we did rack up about 400 tips and booze bill, for 10 day stay, but it was really nice to order 3 different apps and desserts and try them all.. dont go adr crazy that was the only complaint plus it truly is why to much food. If you have the you must clean your plate issues, its not that enjoyable.

I don't see how you could eat 3 TS meals a day and only have $400 for 10 days in TIPS AND BOOZE.

Even if it were just 2 ppl eating every meal just your tips would be close to $40 a day with no booze included.

I don't see how you could eat 3 TS meals a day and only have $400 for 10 days in TIPS AND BOOZE.

Even if it were just 2 ppl eating every meal just your tips would be close to $40 a day with no booze included.

I don't tip at buffet, plus we had three days of just one adult and one child for dinning, about ten of meals where CS, plus I think we only had like 6 drinks whole time. Hubby paid for beer in Epcot which cash

Just because you get ddxp doesn't mean you have to eat 3 ts day.

lauradis said:
I don't tip at buffet, plus we had three days of just one adult and one child for dinning, about ten of meals where CS, plus I think we only had like 6 drinks whole time. Hubby paid for beer in Epcot which cash

Just because you get ddxp doesn't mean you have to eat 3 ts day.

You didn't tip at the buffet??? So the server paid for the privilege to wait on you...that's just grand

I never understand why the dis board is so touchy. I don't tip at any place that I have to get my own food or wait in line to order food. So flame away if you like

lauradis said:
I never understand why the dis board is so touchy. I don't tip at any place that I have to get my own food or wait in line to order food. So flame away if you like

Ok so no one got your drinks, cleaned away your plates, bussed your table or cleaned up the mess you left behind? Not to mention set the table, got the glassware, folded the napkins, set up the silverware or the numerous other duties they have to do before, during and after your visit. You got up and filled your plates period. Your server did everything else and they paid to do it.

Ok so no one got your drinks, cleaned away your plates, bussed your table or cleaned up the mess you left behind? Not to mention set the table, got the glassware, folded the napkins, set up the silverware or the numerous other duties they have to do before, during and after your visit. You got up and filled your plates period. Your server did everything else and they paid to do it.

Ill give you drink part, but fast food places puts your food, cups, silverware on tray for you, cleans the tables, trays and floor. Never seen dollar left on the table at any fast food place to clean up your mess..

Do you tip when mc ds brings you fries after you are sitting down?

Well considering that those people at McDonalds make at least minimum wage and servers at WDW make $4.80 per hour....no. McDonalds isn't a tipped restaurant WDW buffets are.
Justify it however you want but at every buffet you ate at it cost someone money to have you in their station.

Ill give you drink part, but fast food places puts your food, cups, silverware on tray for you, cleans the tables, trays and floor. Never seen dollar left on the table at any fast food place to clean up your mess..

Do you tip when mc ds brings you fries after you are sitting down?

Fast food workers are paid at the very least, minimum wage for the service they provide so there is no need to leave a tip. Waiters, waitresses, and bartenders are not. They are paid about $2 an hour for the service they provide. If you can afford to go to Disney, you can afford to leave a decent tip and by that I mean, at the very least, 15% of what your total bill would be. Please THINK the next time you go to a buffet and leave a tip. Seriously.

Fast food workers are paid at the very least, minimum wage for the service they provide so there is no need to leave a tip. Waiters, waitresses, and bartenders are not. They are paid about $2 an hour for the service they provide. If you can afford to go to Disney, you can afford to leave a decent tip and by that I mean, at the very least, 15% of what your total bill would be. Please THINK the next time you go to a buffet and leave a tip. Seriously.

never said I didn't tip at non buffet places. 10-20% depending on the quality of service.

never said I didn't tip at non buffet places. 10-20% depending on the quality of service.

My comment wasn't about "non buffet places". 10%? Really? You should be ashamed and embarrassed to even post that. You have enough money to pay for the deluxe dining plan and you scrimp on tipping?? That sounds logical.

Mom and Dad always taught me if you can't afford the tip you can't afford the meal. We tip %18-20+

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter