What is the best time of day to do laundry at the resorts?

mum2four

DIS Veteran
I know this may vary by location, but generally speaking, have you found certain times of day are less busy in the laundry rooms? Early morning, late night, during the afternoon when everyone is at the park? Just trying to plan all the little details for our upcoming trips. Thanks!:)

We always do our laundry when we have a pool day. It's the only time we ever enjoy doing laundry. Take your time, catch some rays, eat a sandwich, and relax you will be on Disney time!

The laundry room is not open all of the time - I wish it was! I check a few times b4 I find something available. Be sure to bring your own change (because the machine doesn't always work) and soap tablets/dryer sheets from home (because they're cheaper).

I would generally say doing laundry during the day would be less crowded than after dinner time. Most people are at the parks during the day, and getting back to their resorts after dinner/dark. I travel with people who are not early risers, so that's when I get the laundry done. I have waited for a washer or dryer but it wasn't very long. To pass the time while my laundry is going, I sit by the pool and meet other guests.

The laundry room is not open all of the time - I wish it was! I check a few times b4 I find something available. Be sure to bring your own change (because the machine doesn't always work) and soap tablets/dryer sheets from home (because they're cheaper).

I also do our laundry on a nonpark day. Usually late morning. While it's going I sit by the pool and read or write in my journal. It's a nice way to pass a quiet couple of hours. The driers are huge, so I can usually do 2 loads of wash and just one drier. I don't ever remember having to wait for a machine.

I'm not sure about every resort on property, but all the ones we've been to are open 24/7. You just need to use your KTTW to open the door.

I always bring my own detergent and change- I use an old film cannister (yes, I'm THAT old), it's just the right size to hold quarters.

At Deluxe's, you can use your room key to use the washer/dryer's and to buy detergent/dryer sheets. No dealing with change. At other resorts, most of them I've run into are open late. All of the resorts should have a laundry facility available 24 x 7.

From my experience, AoA, CR, AKL and All Stars are usually the quietest after 11:00pm. When there's evening EMH, that's a good time too.

I know this may vary by location, but generally speaking, have you found certain times of day are less busy in the laundry rooms? Early morning, late night, during the afternoon when everyone is at the park? Just trying to plan all the little details for our upcoming trips. Thanks!:)

Sorry, first thing I thought of was "when it is not raining"!!!

After so many trips the only time it has been busy is when everyone has wet things! Otherwise not usually a problem. I do bring soap and fabric softener sheets with me. I usually only do one load for all 4 of us and none if just me and one kid. Except when at BLT I do every day cause I can( in the rom w/d). I do not notice much difference between value/mod/deluxe.

In the summer, I found sunny afternoons to be a good time. They were crowded in the evenings. I've never tried morning. This was at value and mod. levels.

Did out laundry at POR in the am and was the only one in there. It was so relaxing to sit by the pool while doing laundry. Wish I could do it that way all the time. LOL

agree with pp - bring your own quarters and own soap

We usually do our laundry midday while we are enjoying some pool time. Most of the time we stay at a moderate and the laundry rooms are conveniently located next to the quiet pools. We bring our own quarters and some of those laundry sheets that follow the laundry from the washer (as soap) and into the dryer (as fabric softener.) They are lightweight and pack well. I believe they are made by Purex.

I do it after a day at the Parks, in the evening around 11pm, while the boys are either swimming or getting ready for bed. The rooms are open 24/7, just need to use your room key to access. I bring some Tide Pods for the trip and we only pack around 4 days worth of clothes for a 10 day stay.

Morning or mid day when people are at the parks. Evening can get quite crowded, especially when it's really rainy and people are trying to dry off everything.

Don't do it!
:rotfl2:
I always try to bring enough so that I don't waste precious vacation time on laundry. I know mom to 4 that that may be impossible, but... if you're going in the summer, you need such light clothes that take up hardly any space in your luggage, you could bring more than you need so you don't have to get stuck in the laundry room. If you are going during colder weather, this may not work. Good luck and have a blast!:):):):)

Thanks for the help, everyone! Sounds like our afternoon pool breaks might be the best time to get laundry done. :thumbsup2

I did some laundry in the evening at POR and I was the only one there.

Bring dryer sheets from home!

Mid mornings are the least crowded, but who wants to give up a morning in the parks to do laundry!

We always do our laundry when we have a pool day. It's the only time we ever enjoy doing laundry. Take your time, catch some rays, eat a sandwich, and relax you will be on Disney time!

I agree! I have also done them early in the morning (7am) before a late park day and it's pretty empty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!