What is the best food item you have had outside of the dining rooms?

I forgot one of our favorite afternoon treats. At Cove Cafe, they had little chocolate cups filled with cream and topped with strawberries!!!! Melt in your mouth delicious!

I love the pizza as well as the chocolate chip cookies from room service. My DF and I would order cookies and milk nearly every night before bed! I missed my night time cookie when I got home!

Absolutely without a doubt, the grilled ribeyes they served at Serenity Bay! The best meal we had the whole time!!!! I do second the vote for the steak sammies from room service... they were great!

There were about 4 different types of Paninis but I LOVED the one with Brie Cheese...yum... I had a hard time waling past and not getting one if I was hungry.

There were about 4 different types of Paninis but I LOVED the one with Brie Cheese...yum... I had a hard time waling past and not getting one if I was hungry.

Front the sound of the thread, I don't think being hungry is going to matter. :lmao: I can feel the pounds creeping up already!

Whoa, whoa, whoa....wings? Nachos? Goodies at Cove Cafe?!?!! HOW did I miss these things on all of my past cruises?!?!

Can someone tell me more about these paninis?

Every night we have pre-dinner drinks in the Promenade Lounge with big plates of chips, salsa, sour cream, and guac.

I also crave the wings from Diversions. My mom told me just this week that she was craving them too. Diversions has the same stuff for chips as PL, but also has the nacho cheese. Yum!

Oh...and I forgot the cheese plate in Cadillac Lounge....

1) This thread explains why DD ate chicken fingers every day on the boat. :rotfl2:

2) I didn't know about the paninis (not sure where my head was), the nachos or the goodies at the Cove Cafe. :headache: But I'll be better prepared for the next cruise. :thumbsup2

3) Number 2 explains how I lost 6 pounds on the cruise while everyone else gains weight. :rotfl2:

And my vote for the best food is the Mickey Bars, chocolate chip cookies and the cheese and crackers all ordered from room service and enjoyed (not at the same time :lmao:) on my beautiful verandah. :cloud9::cloud9:

I'd have to say:

Turkey Leg (Pirate night)
Soft serve cookie dough ice cream (CC)
Cookies Ribs (CC)
Nachos (Diversions)
And, sadly, I'm a sucker for the pizza at Pinocchio's

imanazd...i lived in the KOA in mcdonough for a few months back in 2000. hubby built a costco in the area..cool!

we cruise in nov and i love this thread. i am fo sho having the panini and i am also interested in that salad with raspberry dressing. chicken fingers are always a fave for DD3.

does anyone know if there is anything onboard similar to the roastbeef they serve at mickey's 50's primetime cafe in hollywood studios? that was so good!

thanks for the tips guys!

I'm glad my sister's wedding is at the beginning of the cruise so i can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat afterwards! my goal is to gain 7 pounds!:rotfl:

What/where is Cove Cafe and Diversions?

Can you take things from the case "to go"? Or carry out wings? (DH would love that!)

Also, is there a website like all ears net that has the menus onboard? (not just table service, but also quick stuff?)

I "forgot" to tell DH until half way through the cruise last time that he could order Mickey Bars from room service. This time, he will know better!

His vote would be for the Mickey Bar, but I have to go with the panini's and fruit from Goofy's Galley. Can't remember specifically what was in the panini's, but everyone I had was delish! (and the fruit made me feel like I was eating healthy, ha :thumbsup2)

What time are the wings and nachos served at Diversions? I read "pre-dinner" but is that before the early & late seatings?

What/where is Cove Cafe ..
Deck 9 BETWEEN the goofy pool and the adults pool, port side of the ship ("in" the forward funnel)

What/where is ... Diversions?
Deck 3 Forward Starboard in Beat Street on the Magic (Forward of Rockin Bar D) Same place on the Wonder except the names have been changed. So Deck 3 Forward Starboard in Route 66 forward of Wavebands.

What time are the wings and nachos served at Diversions? I read "pre-dinner" but is that before the early & late seatings?

DH and I sat in there around 5:30ish and had some with pre-dinner drinks. But, we were there till about 7 when we left to change for dinner. So somewhere in that time frame. :)

I agree with all food mentioned. You really can't go wrong with trying everything, you don't have to eat it all. ;) These are our favs:

1. Paninis :thumbsup2

2. Fresh Fruit......keep it coming, it is perfectly ripe, crisp and sweet :cutie:

3. We always make a special mid-day snack......Two fresh Chocolate Chip Cookies and Vanilla Soft Serve made into a big cookie sandwich....YUMMY :woohoo:

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

Before we took our last DCL cruise, I kept hearing the buzz about the chicken fingers and thought, "What's the big deal, they're just chicken fingers." But when we were on the cruise DW and I needed a snack so we decided to try them. Well... I must admit that we love them and have recommended them to others too.

Also love the:
Paninis
Chocolate covered Rice Crispy treats at the Castaway Club gathering. :thumbsup2

Bon Apitite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter