What is the best DCL Travel Book?

I have read (and just last week ordered the updated) Passporter for DCL. Loved, loved, loved it and can't wait to get my new one.

I had read a quote from Rick Steves on European travel last year before we went to the Med about folks who plan multi-thousand $$ vacations but then won't spring $30 or $40 for a couple of updated travel guides.... (which used to be me as I used outdated library copies.)

The Passporter is certainly the most popular. However, keep in mind that DCL is constantly changing and updating things. Any book is out of date essentially as soon as it is sent to the publisher (this doesn't mean that the authors don't try, just that it is impossible to be current). You'll get the best, most up to date info from boards like this one.

The Passporter is certainly the most popular. However, keep in mind that DCL is constantly changing and updating things. Any book is out of date essentially as soon as it is sent to the publisher (this doesn't mean that the authors don't try, just that it is impossible to be current). You'll get the best, most up to date info from boards like this one.

I know, but I also love to have a "book" to read. I think I am just obsessed!

I've purchased a passporter for each of our cruises and found it very helpful. Make sure you get the most current edition.

Another vote for Passporter. As much as I use these boards for up to date info, it's nice to have a book to curl up with and browse and also to take with you if you want access to the info while onboard. You can also add your own notes to it. :)

Just finished reading cover to cover my 2009 passporter book... still the best book for DCL at my house....

Any other book is like buying Cliff Notes instead of reading the real thing. It might get you a few highlights - but you will miss out big time. Between this forum and the Passporter, you know 1000X more than the "average" cruiser.

I just got my passporter in the mail today!!! I'm going to sit down and start reading it now!! YEAH!!!

Just wanted to post this quickly as I'm signing off to go read my own copy of ..... PASSPORTER. :thumbsup2 Boarding the Wonder on the 10th! :woohoo:

I just ordered one too! Thanks! I purchased Birnbaum's guide, but wasn't that impressed, so I'm looking forward to receiving the Passporter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter