What is the best Category 3?

holbrookfam

Earning My Ears
I am looking to book a Category 3 stateroom on the Wonder, does anyone have an opinion as to which is the best? Thank you! :cool1:

holbrookfam said:
I am looking to book a Category 3 stateroom on the Wonder, does anyone have an opinion as to which is the best? Thank you! :cool1:

All of them :lmao: speaking from a cat 11 cruiser dreaming... Sorry I couldn't resist , I can't help you -

the 4 midship, 8032-8034-8532-8534, they have a different layout. The veranday is triple wide instead of double and the pull down bed is in the living room instead of the bedroom. I have stayed in 8032 and am booked in 8532 for Dec. 2007. :thumbsup2 have fun.

They are all great. We stayed in aft in the past. The location was wonderful. We have sideways midship booked for January 07. Any cat 3 will be a joy. By the way, the electric outlet is behind the drawer in the dressing area. You'll find out what I mean. :teeth:

From what I have heard:

The mid-ship Cat 3s are bigger - or at least seem bigger - because they are long vs. deep. They also have the murphy bed (or maybe it's a sofa bed?) in the living room vs. the bedroom. In this way, when the bed is out it doesn't block access to the verandha.

There are also 4(I think) Cat 3s at the back of the ship which are handicap-accessible. They layout is such that a wheelchair etc can move around so there is more open floor space. The verandha is also significantly bigger - but people up on deck 9 can look over (if they are really desperate?) and see onto your balcony.

The other Cat 3s have the murphy bed in the bedroom, which blocks the bedroom entrance to the verandha.

There are pics of each on the sticky at the top of the thread (thanks lbgraves for the head's up!) which might help visualize. I think each one has it's pros/cons. We are in a 'regular' Cat 3 fore in Nov because 1) we wanted to be under the Vista Spa because it will likely be quiet and 2) I want DS (4) to be in the bedroom with us so I can make sure he doesn't get upin the middle of the night and get into something.

mickey minder said:
They are all great. We stayed in aft in the past. The location was wonderful. We have sideways midship booked for January 07. Any cat 3 will be a joy. By the way, the electric outlet is behind the drawer in the dressing area. You'll find out what I mean. :teeth:

Ah hahahaha...yes it's true. You have to pull the drawer out and bring an extension cord! Otherwise you'll be bending your head down to the dresser to use a curling/flat iron :) But I knew ahead of time to bring extensions, power strips, etc. Came prepared, but had to call guest services to help me find the outlet! :banana: Who would have thought you'd have to pull out a drawer! :rotfl:

Also, the mid ship Cat 3s are WIDER not longer as you walk in. I appreciated not having to step OVER a bed to access any of the balconies. It is in the middle of the ship which is very quick to get to anything. We loved this so much than the other Cat 3s. Here's my terrible awful pictures... I didn't have a digital but I think you can see the difference.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=538973532&key=gGJBxy

By far our favorite, so far, was the first we stayed in - 8600. It was handicapped accessible. We received an upgrade to it - and were hooked. It is larger than the others, but doesn't have a pull down bed - only a sofa bed. The layout is slightly different, but it remains our favorite. It also has 2 showers and no tub. We're staying in a midship Cat.3 for the first time this April and again in May, so we'll see if we like them as well. We were also lucky enough to get a midship Cat.3 for the 6/16/07 Med cruise.......

Virgil
pirate:

holbrookfam said:
Thank you everyone! I booked last night for August 2007 and was assigned 8046. Can't wait!

Hey,

We are in 8046 this September for a 7 night Double Dip!

Judy

One more vote for mid-ship. We've been (lucky enough to be) in 8532, 8600 and 8102. the aft rooms drive me crazy with the water running everywhere when you shower (handicap rooms you know - and yes, even with the towels down the bath becomes messy)

when it's all said and done: I'll take a cat.3 over any other cat (unless I can get a 1 or 2 :rolleyes1 ) every single time! but that is off-topic

princess: Princess Cheri :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter