What is the beach like at HH

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
We have been to Vero many times and we are thiniking about going to HH next year. How do they compare. Are the beaches the same? Is HH more rocky? Can you find shells at HH.

Thanks Tigger

I have not been to Vero, but HH beach is very wide and very sandy. Not rocky at all. We have found shells and sand dollars, and an occasional jelly fish (better to find it than it find you).

Even though both are on the Atlantic, they are very different. To me, even though I love Vero, HH's beach has it beat hands down. It's gorgeous, really wide with beautiful white sand. The only thing wrong is that Disney's resort is not on the beach. I would love to have that same view that I have at Vero from an OV inn room! Still, I love HH and the resort there.

As stated by others, it is a beautiful beach. It is also the kind you can ride bikes on and go horseback riding. It is a wonderful beach to walk on.

Originally posted by Sammie
As stated by others, it is a beautiful beach. It is also the kind you can ride bikes on and go horseback riding. It is a wonderful beach to walk on.
I second Sammie!

It's an absolutely GREAT bicycle beach. You can ride a bike from the HH resort to the HH beach house, then walk it out to the water's edge (the sand is too soft until you get within about 20 feet or so of the water) and then ride.

If you rent bikes, make sure the rental agreement allows you to take bikes onto the beach.

I just got back from HH yesterday. The beach is big, clean, no rocks, and very broad, especially at low tide. There was no riptide to speak of. There care many shells at the water's edge, and the biking on the beach was fabulous. We also enjoyed flying kites on the beach.

We really loved it. I actually appreciated that the main resort was not on the beach, because my kids had much more variety in the way we spent our days. The main resort is 1.3 mi from the beach and is really beautiful!

Good luck!

vero beach
[-------------~~~

hilton head beach

{---------------------------------------------------------------------------~~~

Originally posted by Caskbill
IIf you rent bikes, make sure the rental agreement allows you to take bikes onto the beach.

Can the bikes that you rent directly from Disney's HH go on the beach? Thanks

Lisa

yes. At least I am pretty sure. I thought the agreement was for it not to be entered into the ocean.

You know this thread is a BAD BAD BAD thread. It is making me so homesick for my HH home. (wimper) I love walking the beach in the morning. It is so peaceful and beautiful.

You guys are making me want to go this year. How will I ever wait a whole year? Riding a bike on the beach sounds too cool. We just bought a bike rack for the car. Guess we will put it to use for sure next year (provided I can reserve at 7 months).

How hot and humid is it in July August?

Tigger

Originally posted by Tigger1
You guys are making me want to go this year. How will I ever wait a whole year? Riding a bike on the beach sounds too cool. We just bought a bike rack for the car. Guess we will put it to use for sure next year (provided I can reserve at 7 months).

How hot and humid is it in July August?

Tigger

Tigger,
Just an FYI, but I remember reading/hearing quite a few times that it is best to rent bikes instead of bringing your own. The salt water is very hard on the bike frames and it could damage your bike. Don't know if this is true but I know I heard it before.

Lisa

This thread is actually getting me excited (we're going to HH in August).

hump-03.gif

Rent your bikes there, but bring your bike racks if you would like to bike on Pinkney island. It is about 8 miles from DHHIR, no motorized vehicles allowed in that island with miles of graveled road and trail. We did a guided bike tour there last winter and had a blast, and I am seriously considering buying a bike rack for my next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts