What is the anticipated release date for the next discount?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Nutbean, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Nutbean

Nutbean Mouseketeer

I know there are a lot of us waiting for the next discount to be released. I'm just not sure what approximate date I should be circling on my calendar to wait for with bated breath.

I thought I read somewhere end of March but free dining for the general public for Aug/Sept 2012 stays was released March 5th.

Or are we supposed to be waiting until the current spring promotion is over (i.e. end of May)?

I'm so confused...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Check this "waiting" thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067433

4. Nutbean

Nutbean Mouseketeer

I have. Unfortunately, I didn't see anything in there that indicated when it's believed the next discount would be released.

Is everyone just waiting indefinitely or is there an expected time frame? That's what I'm wondering.

5. goofy78

goofy78 …sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue

Isn't the current spring discount over the end of march? I thought that's what I read which would be better than end of may. Anyone know this?

6. Nutbean

Nutbean Mouseketeer

The only offer up on the page that I have access to says

"Save up to 30% at Select Disney Resort Hotels!
    Save on travel for stays most nights February 18 through March 23, 2013 and April 2 through June 14, 2013. Book by May 31, 2013."

7. KandyM

KandyM Mouseketeer

I am counting down to March 20 which is when Danny25 has suggested he might have information to share with us.

8. MrsDe2008

MrsDe2008 Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure they have been releasing the Fall disount between March-May, so I think something new should pop up soon and I'm hoping it's the FDP. We'll see...

9. abk96

abk96 Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters

What! Book by May 31st. Did they change this? It used to be by March 31st.:confused3

10. WeLoveLilo05

WeLoveLilo05 DIS Veteran

Disney has run 2 promos at once right? Because FD might be good for a family of 5 but 30% of YC might be better for a couple. I thought one of their promos you had to book by March 7th? Was it extended? I thought March 8th I'd be hearing some news lol :rotfl2:

11. goofy78

That's what I thought too?

12. goofy78

13. goofy78

14. Nutbean

Nutbean Mouseketeer

This is the only discount that I have access to and it says to book by May 31st:

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....ionCode=fy13q2q3roomCA&market=fy13q2q3roomCAP

I'm Canadian so I think that's why there is a difference (and where my confusion was stemming from).

Thank you so very much for posting that link and clearing things up for me!!

15. goofy78

I was thinking that might be it. Thank you also for helping clear this up. Good luck with your trip!

16. SFreelove

SFreelove Mouseketeer

Last year the promo for aug/sept dates came out on March 5th, you are correct! Also Disney has had two promos out at once but they didn't cover the exact same dates, it differed a bit. I would say the latest we will see the next promo is April, and that's at the latest, my guess is we will see it sooner then that tho, going by past years. It could be a room discount or FD, that's something else we don't know but my guess is FD and released in march. :)

17. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

The U.S. website has this:

and another link has this, but it is the same info:

That means that a new discount should be up in April, I hope. ;) They usually release the new one after the current one expires.

18. vtwep

vtwep DIS Veteran

from what I understand (as a PP mentioned), *if* discounts come out, you could accept a room-only discount or free dining.

If I wanted free dining, could I still use a AAA discount on the room? (I guess I'm wondering if AAA discount counts as a promotion/discount that can't be combined with other promotions/discounts)

19. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

Disney does not allow the stacking of discounts whether they are Disney's or an outside source. You will have to figure out which one saves you the most money and go with that.

20. vtwep

vtwep DIS Veteran

OK - thanks for clarifying.

21. WeLoveLilo05

WeLoveLilo05 DIS Veteran

I hope your right