What is one of the 'less than perfect' items you've bought at disney?

I bought a large Tink Mornings aren't magical mug in Dec. sadly it has a hairline crack and leaks. I'm so disappointed! It took me two uses to figure out too! Just though my husband had overfilled it. definitely made for some unmagical mornings!

The clip on fan was the biggest piece of crap! We traded it in twice during our 2010 trip and finally just gave up on it.

I bought the "Clean/Dirty" wheel that goes on your dishwasher. It won't hold the suction on the dishwasher, so I've never been able to use it. Not sure if the stainless steel has anything to do with the inability to hold the suction or not.:confused3

Got my DD a Mermaid purse and the glue was weak and it had gems, Mermaid seal, etc. all falling off in the first week.

And I got to say that some of the food in DCA is pretty bad. Bought a pizza from Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta and it was worse than the frozen pizza I buy at the store. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

When we were there celebrating our 10th anniversary I bought a photo album with bride/groom M&M that said Happily Ever After. The cover turned out to be such flimsy cardboard-type material that it got bent before I even took the shrink wrap off it. Never did end up filling it.

My aunt bought us the Mickey measuring cups and not sure about all of them, but the one cup is off by a lot. Lol I poured water from my Tupperware cup and there was

My son was addicted to key chains. One unscrewed from the keyring before we got on the monorail at the Contemporary. All of the others held up. I also have a Mickey ring that a stone fell out of.

I bought the silver mickey mouse retractable badge holder so i could hold my work badge on a lanyard. it broke with ease.

"Chrome" Mickey Ears for the vehicles.....the tape doesn't hold up well in the Texas heat, but then again, what does...

DW bought one of these too. I didn't think it would last in Louisiana weather so I put it in my office. My office is an advertisement for WDW. You would think they would throw me a FD pin for May!!!

My miss is a pair of earrings where the back feel off from one of them after I took them off at the end of the day-not happy! I have glued it back on but always feel like it will fall apart. I get earrings every time I go as a momento. My coffee mugs have held up well even through the dishwasher. Love them! Clothes are small so I always buy bigger for all of us and allow for shrinkage.
Elizabeth

Bought a Contemporary for my monorail set. Each side of the building has two parts-- a right piece and left piece. The set should have contained 2 rights and 2 lefts. I bought the item in June and assembled it at Christmas (the monorail is part of our Christmas display) only to find that we had 3 rights and 1 left piece. We visit Disney often and were able to exchange the set on our Christmas trip, but disappointingly poor quality control.

Also, bought a leather Mickey purse (not D&B) that fell apart after about a month of use. I will not buy tee shirts anymore. My husband still mourns that his Last Tour to Endor shirt got holes after one wash.

For those having difficulty with Mickey ice cube trays, we had success getting ice cubes out by pushing with both thumbs on the back of each cube (the big circle). It's a pain, but the Mickeys look good.

Backpack from POR resort gift shop. We thought we brought an appropriate bag, but DH didn't have enough room (camera, costumes, etc). He bought a draw string bag and it literally broke before we even left the room.

Although, he took it back and they exchanged it immediately. He got a different type of bag.

I have a pair of earrings from England in Epcot that are silver and amethyst that were only $10 and 1) were probably the least expensive decent thing there and 2) have held up beautifully considering that I often forget I have them in when we go to bed.

Stacy

The really super cool Hollywood Tower Hotel coffee mug I coveted for months before our Jan '12 trip thanks to a EasyWDW blog post. The logo washed off in a couple of weeks even though we wash dishes by hand and don't soak our mugs!

And not as recent, but the really cool size XL black-and-glitter 'four parks' design t-shirt I bought in Aug '07 that shrunk so much that my size-zero daughter wears it now.

I am almost glad they didn't do a 40th anniversary backpack. I have one from the 25th that I still use but was looking to update, and decided against it because they only had messenger bags which I don't like carrying. But given the quality of the other things I've bought in the last couple years I probably saved myself $50+ on something that wouldn't have lived up to the expectations that my old backpack set. Maybe by the 50th they'll be selling products worth buying again and I can finally update my park bag.

We do very little shopping on our trips - pins for the big kids and a plush for the little one is it on most visits. But we've had terrible luck with the few things we've picked up for ourselves.

Reading through this thread makes me realize I've been on the DIS way too long... I'm reading all the complaints about the monorail playset and thinking "That's not poor quality, that's authenticity! It even breaks down like the real thing!" ;)

Mickey Mouse's house playset...Epcot playset...Castle playset...

Come to think of it, ANY playset!:lmao:

Really, the Mickey House was the worst. The house itself wasn't the problem, but the characters that came with it were hinged in the middle and all immediately broke in half. After a couple of times putting them back together, the hinges got even worse and they wouldn't "stick." So now we have half-characters, which were tiny to begin with. Definitely not great. Lots of toys we've gotten there are wonderful, but for some reason dolls and stuffed things are of a much higher quality than the plastic things.

What about the prepackaged baked goods? I called them "baked bads."

The cookies from Minnie's Kitchen or whatever it's called are universally awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!