What is one of the 'less than perfect' items you've bought at disney?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by KittyyKattyy, Jan 14, 2013.

1. KittyyKattyy

KittyyKattyy **Mythical Beast**

Are there any items you've bought at WDW or DTD that broke easily, or you've been extremely unimpressed with them?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisLis

DisLis Mouseketeer

Photopass +

4. rutgers1

rutgers1 DIS Veteran

My son bought a watch that fell apart. Admittedly, he dropped it, but it fell apart pretty easily in a situation that I would expect a watch to withstand. Other than that, we have been very happy with the merchandise.

5. iheartmickey1111

iheartmickey1111 Mouseketeer

In 2009 I bought a zip up hoodie sweatshirt. It was $50 and it shrunk so much the first time I washed it I could never wear it again. I am even one of the crazy people who wash everything in cold water and dry on low, then hang it up the rest of the way to dry. I bought another hoodie on the same trip and it was fine though- I still have it my rotation almost a full 4 years later. Guess its just hit or miss? :confused3

6. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

The remote control cars. We bought the RC monorail and it only goes backwards. I can put up with that but we also bought the Lightning McQueen RC car and after two months of use it died, and cannot be repaired. Those suckers cost $30-40 each! Such a disappointment.

7. augusta1

augusta1 Mouseketeer

The monorail. My dd wants a new one every time but they always break!

8. mad madam mim78

mad madam mim78 DIS Veteran

I have a mickeys hand potholder that is pretty useless as a potholder. :)

9. My sister's princess

My sister's princess <font color=green>These boards have grimmer police

10. Sabriel

Sabriel Earning My Ears

I have a couple of these! Definitely no good for potholders. I gave them to the kids to play with. :)

11. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

I have bought the same earrings twice and they fell apart after wearing them once. All the clothes shrink badly so I now buy larger than I need.

12. idofabric

idofabric <font color=green>"How do I...?"

For Christmas I got my DIL a set of the Pink teapot,travel tea mug and another of the things in the set...All of them state in a small sticker "for decorative use only". The stickers were NOT on the pieces in the store. We only saw them after she opened the presents.
    And I have a watch with changeable watchbands that has a working watch, but the bands fell apart after wearing each of them less then a week.
    Most things are just fine, if overpriced, but hey, we all know that. :rotfl:

13. dauser

dauser Mouseketeer

I bought a drawstring backpack at DL in August. Then in Dec I used it at WDW on a 3 day trip and it completely fell apart.

14. NHPixidust

NHPixidust Mouseketeer

I bought a limited edition watch at Downtown Disney and the band broke within the first couple of weeks. I got that fixed by a jeweler and it broke again in another area about a month later.
    Won't buy another one. Very disappointed.

15. littlezar

littlezar DIS Veteran

Bought the 2009 dated pullover hoodie and while I don't think it shrunk in the few times it was washed, it pilled up really bad. Unfortunately it happened to both mine and my son's. The hoodies I bought in '03, '10 and '12 have held up to multiple washings with no issues other than normal wear and tear. (The '03 one is getting frayed at the cuffs but I consider that normal for the amount of use.)

16. MomtoGKC

MomtoGKC DIS Veteran

The charm bracelets for kids. I bought them for my daughters on one of our first trips thinking we could add charms every time we visited. At least 3 out of the 6 charms we bought broke off within a month - and they didn't even wear them very often.

17. JustMeFran

JustMeFran Mouseketeer

Oh my I loved my Photopass +!
    Very glad I did not buy the Mickey pot holders!! I really wanted one, too. Good to know!

-Fran =)

18. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

Haha! My mom got me these a couple of years ago...cute, but not functional as potholders what-so-ever.

19. quirty30

quirty30 DIS Veteran

I got a plastic red Mickey clock with floating hands with the white gloves. It stopped keeping time almost as soon as I got it home. I think one of the inner hands is stuck. But the floating white gloved hands still work.

20. PKWallaby

PKWallaby DIS Veteran

A set of 4 adorable notepads that are supposed to be self-stick like post-it notes. Unfortunately they do not stick - so they fall off over everything unless you use tape. Sort of defeats the purpose of "self-stick" (and reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with George and the label maker :rotfl: )

21. Mad Hattered

Mad Hattered I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work.

You can thank China. :thumbsup2