What is NOT included?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by MickeyHereWeCome!, Feb 26, 2014.

1. MickeyHereWeCome!

MickeyHereWeCome! DIS Veteran

We are taking our first cruise ever on the Dream in April! We've prepaid our tips. Other than excursions, pictures, souvenirs, spas (obvious extras), what would we need to pay for. I thought all room service was included, but then read somewhere about sodas not being included? I assume all alcoholic drinks are extras. I want to prepare ourselves and warn the kids! I would rather not be surprised with an unexpected bill at the end!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

• TIPS Sever, Assistant Server, head server, Stateroom host.
    • Shore excursions (port adventures)
    • Alcohol anywhere
    • SPA Treatments
    • Palo/Remy Meals
    • SPECIAL Drinks in restaurants, example Smoothies
    • Shop purchases
    • Bingo
    • Auctions
    • Photos
    • Soft Drinks through Room Service
    • Pre-Packaged Snacks (candy, popcorn, etc.) at the theaters & through Room Service
    • Cove Cafe Coffee/beverages
    • Laundry -DCL Service & Self-Serve options
    • transfers to and from the port
    • bottled beverages like water, beer, or soda
    • PC: gratuities for your porter
    • gratuity for room service deliveries
    • arcade games
    • services for Flounder's Reef (daycare) at $6/hr (this may have increased) for children that aren't old enough for the kids club
    • internet connections

Soft drinks are included in all dining rooms at any meal and in Cabanas /Beach Blanket Buffet. Soft drinks are also included at the Deck 9 soda stations on Magic/Wonder and Deck 11 soda stations on the Dream/Fantasy.

MJ

4. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I think soda from room service and the bars are extra. I'm certain they are extra from room service as are prepackaged snacks from room service. Also, snacks and popcorn outside the movie theater are extra. Again,these are prepackaged. Yes, all alchoholic beverages are extra as are tastings, the arcade and adult dining.

5. MickeyHereWeCome!

MickeyHereWeCome! DIS Veteran

Excellent! Thank you for your help. It's great to know ahead of time so I'm not constantly asking everyone on the cruise:thumbsup2

6. Silver Queen

Silver Queen DIS Veteran

As always, mmouse37 has come through with excellent information!

7. DahliaRW

DahliaRW Registered

Also, you can deny your kids charging privileges on their KTTW cards when you do online check in. So if you're worried about "surprises" it's easy to prevent there.

8. ajrwdwgirl

ajrwdwgirl Mouseketeer

So since Mickey Premium ice cream bars are prepackaged is there a charge for these on the ship?

9. Ptwolfman

Ptwolfman Mouseketeer from CA

No charge but customary to tip if ordering through room service

10. Four Swampers

Four Swampers Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

and a great big thank-you to the good folks here on the disboards for pointing this out! We finally discovered Mickey Bars on the disboards, just in time for our 7th! cruise! It is our brand new "tradition" to order a set of mickey bars to ease the pain of packing our bags the night before we disembark.

11. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Thank you so much but I can't take credit. I cut and pasted that blurb from another thread months ago and saved it because it was such a great list!!!

MJ

12. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

As long as we're "off topic" , on Mickey Bars, remember that you can get them "free" from Room Service, with gratuity to the delivery person, or as dessert in the Main Dining Rooms, every night, even though it won't appear on the menu! :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

13. Four Swampers

Four Swampers Picture is Disney Wonder at Cabo San Lucas

Excellent point! :thumbsup2 However, "off topic"? How can anyone be off topic when discussing Mickey Bars? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: