• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is Mid October Weather usually like at the World??

disnaholic

<font color=red>Hey HUSBAND, hands off my tag!!!</
HI
I am planning a short trip for mid October including the Oct. 16 MNSSHP (Just got my tickets today!!!!!!!)
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

What is the weather like at this time, we have always been before in June or December, so I am not familiar with October weather. Will we be able to swim? We will be staying at AKL.

Thanks!

We were there the 19-26 of Oct last year and the weather was just wonderful. 80's every day. I don't know if this is typical or if we just got lucky, but it couldn't have been better as far as we were concerned.
Enjoy your trip!

We'll be there Oct 13-18; I'm hoping for some great weather!!! We'll be at the Oct 14 MNSSHP!!! I know my little one is hoping to be able to swim!

Our family of 5 (me, DW, DS9, DD6, DS3) will be there from Oct 20-27, and we have MNSSHP tickets for 10/26 !!! We can't wait. I know that when we went last year (Nov '02), the weather was sunny and nice, and in the low 80's all week.

Just cross your fingers - it can go either way.
We were there around 10/21-26/2001 and it was quite chilly everyday. We had to buy several sweatshirts and hardly wore shorts (especially in the evenings). Didn't even think about swimming.
But last year, 10/15-20/2002, it was nice and warm. Actually pretty hot a few days. Couldn't wait to get in the pool (DD5 loved the slide at GF).
We'll be there this year (10/14-19) - and DD5 really wants BB - so I'm hoping for warm days too!

We go every October (10 years now) and the weather is usually wonderful. 80s during the day, low 70s in the evenings. Seldom need any warm clothes, but a sweater might be advisable. OK, here's the down side. October is still part of hurricane season, so at any given time a hurricane can wreak havoc on our "world", so be prepared. As you get closer to the end of the month the chances get lower. And even though the hurricane may be very far away, the rain can last forever (ok days). That said, it has never stopped us. But we did spend a hurricane rainy day at AK and believe the attendance that day was around 1,000.

We've been the last two Octobers and weather has been perfect. In thye 80s, little rain, and great for swimming. I advice to bring a sweater and possibly some capri pants for cooler, in the 70s, evenings. We too are going again this year Oct-14-23 and doing the MNSSHP on the 16th. I think the one on the 16th will be less crowded then most of the hours and can't wait!:D

We were there in October 2000 and it was just gorgeous. Cool in the morning but warmed to 80 -85 every day. And the sky has never looked bluer. I'd go every year in October if I could, but I am too cheap and now I'm all about the value season. It did get pretty chilly at night - my daughter and I ended up buying sweatshirts one night at Downtown Disney.

This year will be our 4th trip during October.
We've always gone right around Columbus day weekend, either the week before or week after.
In 1999 we were sandwiched between 2 hurricanes. Torrential rain first and last days, but BEAUTIFUL the days between....mid 80's & sunny.
In 2001 warm and humid...little rain, but nothing to ruin our day. needed ponchos few times that's it. Did cool off in the evening.
Last year.....HOT!!!! and humid. Don't remember any rain except maybe one quick shower in the afternoon. We went to the MNSSHP on Oct 11th and it was so hot!! I think it was close to a record high and it was too hot for DD to wear the costume she planned on. Ended up doing an Indiana Jones costume....real cute! But we never needed sweatshirts last year.

Oct is very unpredictable. And I think there is a big difference between the beginning of the month and the end. The daylight makes the differrence too.

You can plan on it being in the 80's and somewhat humid....a lot more humid than most of the rest of the year because it is hurricane season. But we love Oct because we can still swim, but it isn't unbearablely hot like the summer. So if we choose to stay in the park the whole day it doesn't wipe us out.

Have FUN!!!

October is the best time to go to Disney, it's hot and less crowded. At the most I'd bring a VERY light jacket

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter