What is it about Castaway Cay?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by scrappinginontario, Jan 19, 2013.

1. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Thanks so much everyone! Looks like the perfect place to enjoy a day together with my DD!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jcmh

Jcmh Mouseketeer

That was me. Thanks! I'm glad to know this because I would have just assumed it was like a pool at a resort and towels would be available in multiple locations. I won't pass by the towels at the pier now. :thumbsup2

4. Jcmh

Jcmh Mouseketeer

Between your reply and Neg58's further up in this thread, I'm now feeling like I've just uncovered the best kept secret of Castaway Cay! lol.

thanks for the info!!

5. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

Do the characters make an appearance at CC?

6. Mcbruns

Mcbruns DIS Veteran

Enjoying this pic. What time of day was it taken? Thanks for sharing.

7. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Oh yes! It will all be listed in the daily Navigator. Usually Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Jack Sparrow. Maybe Chip n Dale. I forget now. My kids have lost interest in pics with characters.

8. Mauierlyn

Mauierlyn Earning My Ears

Hook and Smee were there as well.

9. jelliott04

jelliott04 DIS Veteran

Originally I figured we'd skip CC and hang out on the boat. Then reading this thread, I changed my mind and thought it sounded like more fun than a regular beach. THEN I read your post about Sea Lice and well...now I'm back to not getting off the boat. :eek:

J

10. CMOORE185

CMOORE185 HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points

Please do not let that scare you off. Have been to CC at least 8 times and no sea lice. I can't imagine it happening on family beach as I have never have seen a jelly fish there. If you get off the ship at any port this is the one you should do. You won't be sorry.

11. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We've never had that issue in 9 stops at CC.

12. MrRay

MrRay Mouseketeer

Most ports can be intimidating and you are are pretty much on your own, and almost always have a rundown element to them. Castaway is like pulling in to a Disney resort. It's safe and comfortable and you know what you're getting. It's kind of like being in a real Typhoon Lagoon.

13. Ana~n~Joseph

Ana~n~Joseph I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met M

CC is heaven. I"m so sad I won't be there this year since I'm cruising out of Galveston on a 4-night but I plan on being there in February on our next cruise! My favorite thing to do: riding a bike around the island!

14. MND

MND DIS Veteran

Well, this is not a boat accident! I love Jaws, and although I love splashing around in the ocean, I would hate to be eaten by a shark! :sad:

That being said, the shark gate at CC probably keeps the sharks out. However, if one is still fearful of sharks, or jellyfish, or sea lice, you are probably safe on the beach, which is beautiful at CC. I have seen a couple of large rodents on the beach before, but they seemed friendly enough! :thumbsup2

Mike