What Is Inside Guarantee?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by traceycooper, Sep 29, 2005.

1. traceycooper

traceycooper <font color=royalblue>Laughs off her mini dramas<b

Can anyone tell me what a 'standard inside guarantee' means?
    Was pricing up a cruise on 'allseastravel' & have heard it mentioned before but never really understood what it is!!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Skylarr29

Skylarr29 <font color=blue>Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy

It means you will recieve the category 12 OR better. It basically means all the cat 12's are "sold out" but that they are expecting a certain percent of people to cancle.

4. TheWog

TheWog <font color=indigo>The Curse has been Reversed<br>

You are guaranteed to receive at least a Category 12. DCL gets to choose your location and deck. You could get an upgrade to a higher category, but don't go into it thinking you will. Be sure you would be happy with a Cat. 12 at any location on the ship and you will be fine. You also get to book the guarantee of a particular category for a lower fare than reserving a particular stateroom number and location.

5. traceycooper

Thanks i think we would be ok with a cat 12 as we are only pricing up the 3 night cruise.
    Does a cat 12 sleep 2 adults & 1 child (age 12 yrs)??

6. lindakmonty

lindakmonty He's like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T"

yes they will sleep 2 adults and 12 y.o. fine. and as much time as you spend in your cabin...I'd rather spend less on a cabin and go more often!!

7. luckey-lasvegas

luckey-lasvegas All our $$ is in IRA's - Ice Rink Activities

I'm not sure if the Wonder is the same as the Magic, but there are only 9 Cat 12 cabins on the Magic and they are all on deck 2, so you have a pretty good chance of getting bumped to at least an 11. There were three families on our up coming 10/29 cruise who booked a 12 gty 2 were up graded to an 11 and we were upgraded to a 10. I think we probably saved at least $500 by doing this.

8. dzneprincess

dzneprincess This page intentionally left blank

ahem....look who is pricing a DCL cruise! LOL Did you finally talk him into it for the wedding Tracey? Just wanted to say hi! I book inside GTY for the Wonder we took last week, and we were upgraded to a cat 9. Once at port we paid for a cat 6 (extra $298) It was a great deal!

9. luckey-lasvegas

luckey-lasvegas All our $$ is in IRA's - Ice Rink Activities

Just an update someone else on our cruise was upgraded from a 12 to 9 !!!!
    To bad it wasn't me... but I happy for them!

10. traceycooper

Hi Amanda, hope you had ANOTHER great cruise, miss you & the others!
    I am hoping to add the cruise at the end of our trip next year after the wedding, we are due to fly home on the Thursday & i'm hoping to change the flight to Sunday & add the 3 night cruise on - wouldnt that be a lovely end to our wedding/holiday.
    DH to be said i can book if i can get the money together in advance (as he is still paying the credit card bill from last year!!)
    Take care xxx

11. dzneprincess

dzneprincess This page intentionally left blank

Tracey! I hope you can do it! You deeserve it and I think it would be an amazing end to a wonderful wedding trip!