What Is Going On (sept-oct)!!!!

2Xited4Disney

DIS Veteran
Ok so there are NO ADR's for any restaurant before 9:15 pm during SPET 29-Oct 2

I thought it was going to be a pretty tame vacation.... is it really goingto be that busy

We were there this past year at the same time and it was harder to get ADR's but we were there on the free dining along with the fact that the F&W Festival was starting. I know there was free dining offered this year and I believe it lasts through the end of Sept. It was a little busier then the times before we were there that week but not a lot until that following weekend when we were leaving. I think with the free dining more people try the table service restaurants. I noticed everytime we went to MK while we were there the sign at the enterance always said that there was no table service restaurants with openings. Don't worry though it is a good time of the year to go. Typically we had waits of 15-20 minutes if that for most of the rides.

I think you will find that some people have booked more than 1 ADR each day so they can choose which one they want to eat at nearer the time. I have personally scheduled very carefully and only booked 1 per day. Some may cancel a few ADRs soon, others will just keep them and not turn up :rolleyes:

it will indeed be crowded - all indications point to this fact - it wasnt crowded this week last year - that was last year - this year, more people are coming the last week of Sept into a few days of October. CROWDS! :hourglass

The F&W festival starts on the 29th or 30th of Sept. this year, and the Halloween parties are going on then, too. :) It is also the end of Free Dining, so I think some F&W festival goers probably decided to start their vacations a little earlier to get in on free dining, since as long as your check-in day was before the last day of free dining, you could get it for your whole stay.

I don't think it will be that much more crowded.. it just appears to be that way because more people will be using the dining plan therefor ADR's are harder to come by. So with the expection of table service restuarants it shouldn't be bad. I was there the same 2 weeks and during free dining and food and whine last year and I have spent 2 weeks in Disney for the past 5 Sept's.

That is a very busy time to go..1st weekend food and wine fest, people left over from golf tourney with their families, whatever goes on at the sports complex and everything else!!

eeyore45 said:
it will indeed be crowded - all indications point to this fact - it wasnt crowded this week last year - that was last year - this year, more people are coming the last week of Sept into a few days of October. CROWDS! :hourglass

oh i seriously do not think you can base your crowd levels on ADR's. People out there who esp, are selfish egotistical people book more than 1 adr, sometimes 2-3, or more so they can pick and chose where and when they want to eat. I've heard some make an ADR at each park and then eat where they end up. :furious:

Also, you shouldnt be too worried about huge crowds compared to summer. I mean, kids are in school for the most part, and most people who pay for meals arent eating at TS places. I think it will be more crowded than an October without the free dining for sure, but not as crowded as lets say peak time in June/July.

That being said, that particulair week is just before a holiday weekend, and some schools do have fall break.

nurseypoo5 said:
People out there who esp, are selfish egotistical people book more than 1 adr, sometimes 2-3, or more so they can pick and chose where and when they want to eat. I've heard some make an ADR at each park and then eat where they end up. :furious: .

That's awful! Especially for us who didn't know about the DDP until we came here... and who are stuck without any reservations *boohoo* for our trip (Sept 27th to Oct 11th)

I'm really gutted :( There are 10 of us so restaurants won't be easy to come by!

Have you tried to keep calling back for adr's . I know I made them about a month ago and got everything i wanted that weekend, le cellier, coral reef, crystal palace. I am just not picky with what tme we eat so i htink taht always helps.

I'm going the same time and made my ADR's 180 days out.... I have tried to change some of them, but like you, have noticed that there is nothing available, so I've kept my ADR's as they are.

GL to you and I do hope that you are able to catch some cancellations in order to get some reservations!!!

my nieghbor is going with us (well not WITH us but the same time) and she had made no resies. I made these for her yesterday. Keep trying, i had no trouble at all!

Sept 29-Oct 8th
Last night i got her
CMickeys 5:50 pm Sept 29
Chefs de France at 5pm on Sept 30,
Kona at 6:15pm,
Boma breakfast at 9am
Cgrill at 7:30 for wishes on
CP at 3:30 before MNSSHP for dinner,
Spoodles at 6pm,
Coral Reef at 5:10.

We didnt even try to get her LCellier cuz i knew better, but those were the things she wanted and the times she wanted them...no problemo.

I not once had to ask for an alternate time! These might not be others first choices, but i thought they were great choices!

I think its people making multiple ADRs more then it is the crowds. It will probably be more crowded then in years past when there was no free dining but I don't think it will be unbearable like it was over Spring Break and during peak summer times.

If there really are a lot of people HOGing up the ADRs, I would suggest what I've heard some people do. Instead of walking up to a restaurant at WDW and getting turned away, call the reservation center that day and throughout and see if they have had any last minute cancellations.

Also, as another poster said they have had success getting ADRs just yesterday, I would call again. Instead of saying "Do you have such and such at 7:10" say "What have you got for such and such between 4 pm and 10 pm?" You'd probably have better luck.

:)

last yr was last yr this is true but

last yr the parks were WONDERFUL at that time!! FWF, MNSSHP, and low wait times on rides....we never used a fastpass and rode all the headliners for each park and then some without even opening a park. We did not get all of it done....(therefore we are doing it again next week!!!) but it was a great time to go...

BUT THE RESTAURANTS WERE PACKED!! TO THE MAX!!!! Maybe call when you get there but I tried that last yr on one day and NO WAY!! The cm about laughed at me when I asked to change an ADR. The free dining has the TS places booked solid..and I do not think double booking is the problem...EVERYONE wants a TS. Only a few tables on a certain night at a dinner time...its all supply and demand

I did hear that they opened up some times in August for the free dining so maybe they will do the same for your dates later on!!

good luck!!

its wonderful and a perfect, magical time to go :)

I made a ressie for Citricos yesterday and I needed one between 8:00 and 8:30, but I found that several restaurants I wanted ahead of this one (like Cali Grill!) had 5:30ish ressies....and I couldn't do it because of a tour I have booked! This was for the 30th.

So they are out there - just broaden your horizons and see if there are some resort restaurants that have open times :) I wouldn't worry about the crowds - Free dining is pulling in everyone to table service restaurants (moreso than usual)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter