What is going on in September?!?!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MScott1851, Mar 30, 2006.

1. MScott1851

MScott1851 <font color=font color=royalblue>Got a link for th

I just got off of the official WDW site, trying to book a package for September 18-24, and NONE of the deluxes or moderates had availability!

If I try to book "room only"...no problem. I wonder what is going on.

I hope it is just a glitch in the system.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

Bump. I'd also like to know if there is an event happening.

4. kizmac

kizmac DIS Veteran

We are booked a package at AAA rate for Sept. 22-Oct 1 at POR and I just did it about two weeks ago. I do remember someone posting about a marathon or something the end of Sept. but......I'm betting it's a glitch in the system.

5. tinkerrn

tinkerrn Needing 'pixie dust'!!

There is the Night of Joy...a christain music fest (I think around the middle of Sept.)and the Wine and Food Fest at the end of Sept..( at least I think it is, it was last year). Then you have MNSSHP starting on the 29th. We are going from 24 -30 and have had some problem getting what we want with the AAA discount. If we pay rack rate we can pretty much get what we want though. AAA only has so many rooms at a discount. Not sure if that helps or not. I did try and get POFQ last week and could not get a king room obly thing available was a water view. That was with the package and the AAA discount.

6. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

Also, keep trying for the resort you want. People cancel trips all of the time, and a room can open up at any time.

7. dwmlaf

dwmlaf Mouseketeer

I was at POR at the same time last year. Couldn't get a Mansion Room because there was a convention. Also, the marathon was happening that weekend.

But I booked my trip at this same time last year. I would try again

8. bluejay2006

bluejay2006 Earning My Ears

I just checked those dates on the disney website and it looked like most of the resorts (deluxes, moderates and values) had availability, even when booking with packages, so it must have just been a glitch! :thumbsup2

9. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Hurricane parties??? :confused3

10. penlanspice

penlanspice Addicted 2 disney

MY WEDDING!! LOL :rotfl2:

11. DebIreland

DebIreland ಠvಠ

Free dining
    Have you see this new deal on Mousesavers? They're offering free dining again for packages booked for mid-August to end of September!! Perhaps the system was preparing for those when you tried to book? It sounds like a great deal, but it ends just 4 weeks before we arrive. Aaaarrrgh!

click here for info at Mousesavers (this isn't an April Fools joke).

12. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

Oh yes, you can book the free dining package today if you are a Visa Cardholder.

hrec.