What is different about the Swan and Dolphin?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
I'm a newbie when it comes to WDW trip planning, so bear with me. As I am looking at the different resorts it looks like the Swan and the Dolphin are different than the other hotels. Are they just for DVC or something? Thanks.

S&D are not owned by Disney, they are a Westin & a Sheraton. They ARE on Disney property, right in the Epcot Resort area along side of BC, YC & BW.

By staying there, you do get Disney's EMH and use of Disney transportation, however they do not participate in ME. You need to have a car or pay for transportation to/from the airport.

Many will say (myself included) that you get a deluxe resort with a can't-beat location for the price of a Disney moderate resort. They are one of my favorite places to stay in WDW. You also earn rewards points for staying there, something Disney doesn't offer. We've had many free nights there over the course of the years with points.

Many will say they'd never stay there because there is no Disney theming. They are more conference hotels. I don't need hidden Mickeys on my carpet when I can look out any window & see Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror or The Boardwalk!

Try it, you may like it!

My sister stayed at the Swan a few years back for free (on reward points) and was able to sit on her balcony and have a great view for fireworks. My family stayed a while ago and found great amenities, and great location though no Disney themeing.

We stayed at the Swan last year. Great location and you pay a lot less than BC/BW. We did miss the upscale feel and Disney quality/theming. Swan didn't have much in it for dining but Dolphin did. But neither than great for dining - go to the BW or Epcot to eat. I'd book whichever was cheaper - they are basically the same.

Swan is a bit smaller with a more intimate feel and queen beds. Dolphin has a more grand feel, is much bigger, a bit closer to the main pool and has full sized beds. The food court type restaurant is at the Dolphin.

A big difference is a deluxe resort for the price of a Disney mod. There are 17 restaurants between the Swan and Dolphin. The location is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter